rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

8 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

im confused... the deal is £279 on the Nintendo site - can you use the 10% code on that!?

Yes, the price I quoted was for a Lite though

Just picked up the limited edition Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu Switch from a local seller on Facebook. Barely been used, comes with the pokeball controller and a bunch of games - £200 is a pretty decent early Christmas present :D 

• Upvote 3

Daughter wants a Switch for Christmas, she and Mrs OTF got a lot of enjoyment from DS gaming together. If I buy the Mrs a Switch Lite, will they need a MARIO Kart Cartridge each or can they share onetime play head to head?

If you want to play on two separate switches together then you need two copies but remember they can play split screen together on the full fat switch (well, technically on the lite too but it's a lot more awkward, it's primarily a single player device unlike the regular model). 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, deerokus said:

If you want to play on two separate switches together then you need two copies but remember they can play split screen together on the full fat switch (well, technically on the lite too but it's a lot more awkward, it's primarily a single player device unlike the regular model). 

That’s a pity, I’m sure they use only one MARIO party cart playing head to head on the 2ds

6 minutes ago, friedgold said:

Is there much of a player base on Overwatch? £12.99 on CDKeys at the mo.

Definitely, I've never had any issue with getting into games. Even with the role queue added it's always been <2 mins but never takes that long. :)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Janski said:

Definitely, I've never had any issue with getting into games. Even with the role queue added it's always been <2 mins but never takes that long. :)

Cool. Looking for something to have a bit of a blast now and then with when taking a break from Witcher and Pokemon. Hard to turn down at that price to be honest.

42 minutes ago, friedgold said:

Is there much of a player base on Overwatch? £12.99 on CDKeys at the mo.

Seems really well populated, always get a game and it’s a really good port (if you can get on with 30fps).  Ask @Strafe, he has sunk 115+ hours into it. 

30fps doesn't bother me in the slightest. I was a poor PC gamer growing up savouring the hallowed 24fps. I'm lucky in that I barely notice any graphical/performance iffiness unless it's especially egregious.

16 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Should I buy Bomberman?

If you like Bomberman, sure. It’s a lot better now than it was originally. It’s not as good as Mega, Super or Saturn though.

• Upvote 1

Just now, deKay said:

If you like Bomberman, sure. It’s a lot better now than it was originally. It’s not as good as Mega, Super or Saturn though.

Thanks. I’ve always liked Bomberman and it feels like a good deal at £15.

1 hour ago, geldra said:

Then I wouldn’t hesitate. Bargain at that price.  

A fair few reviews I read of the Switch port complained about the performance compared to other consoles. Has this been fixed since launch, do you know?

8 hours ago, Jamie John said:

A fair few reviews I read of the Switch port complained about the performance compared to other consoles. Has this been fixed since launch, do you know?

Personally I felt a lot of reviews were a bit sensationalised for whatever reason (fair Blizzard bashing, 30fps aaaargh!!). Granted it doesn’t look anywhere near as sharp compared to Pc/PS4/XB and it runs at 30fps but it looks like Overwatch, plays like Overwatch and is fully featured. Looks cracking in handheld but I only play it docked.  I love it, put about 30+ hours in since Switch ver launch and I put 30 hours into nothing. 

I can appreciate that it’d not look great if you’re used to playing it elsewhere but once you’re tuned into it it’s totally fine imo. 

• Upvote 1

Alien isolation garnered a rave review from Nintendolife, probably my next non-eshop purchase. Unless I see a decent deal on Luigi's mansion 3 or Links Awakening before then.

I've sent a message to Nintendo about this but you guys might know too.

One of my sons got a Switch last year and his (child) account is in my family group (I had an account from ages ago, presumably from the Wii or 3DS). I had no intention of playing on it so when we looked at Nintendo Online, I got it just on his account.

However, son 2 is getting a Switch at Christmas and I bought a Lite yesterday so now I want the family online sub. Son 1s sub runs until Feb 2021. Due to his age, he can't buy the family sub and convert/get the discount due to his sub length. If I buy the family sub, it will cover the 3 of us from what I can tell but we will lose the unused time on his account? Like I say, I've messaged Nintendo about it to see if there's a solution but wondered if any of you have been in the same situation and what did they do?

• Empathy 1

Just now, Stanshall said:

No ideas but best of luck. That's frustrating. 

Hah! it's not the end of the world if I just have to pay for the family sub, I think 6 months of the remaining time is the freebie from Twitch/Amazon and it would still be cheaper than 2 more single accounts...