rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, sharak said:

OK, I am buried deep in a world of Zelda now :) Is there an hour counter?

What a beautiful game.

I don't think you can within the game, but if you goto the dashboard on your Switch, click on your Profile icon (top left). In the fist option (Profile) on this new page, it shows a 'Play Activity' heading and it below displays your rough game time for each of your games you have e.g. 5 hours or more.

HTH

Cheers.

I might pick up Sonic Mania for some alternate fun. GF loves MarioKart, and Metal Slug 3 is a blast from the past. I can already see how massive Zelda is going to be.

If CAVE released (all of) their shmup library on the Switch I would be extremely happy and rather content. Can't think of anything missing by that point... except perhaps if all Dreamcast games were ported over, with a Bonus of a NiGHTS port. I think I'd cry if that happened.

• Upvote 1

ohmahgurd!

just discovered the NES/SNES emulation for switch network subscribers.

Spoiler

81074328_10156421979651486_3421481715200

amazing!

Those of you that bought Overwatch, how did you redeem the 3 months Online it comes with?  Had the code inside for the game but can’t see how to get the Online code, or should it be on a card in the box?

22 minutes ago, SeanR said:

ohmahgurd!

just discovered the NES/SNES emulation for switch network subscribers.

Reveal hidden contents

81074328_10156421979651486_3421481715200

amazing!

You’ve “just discovered”?!

• Upvote 1

From his post about setting up the Family account, I’m guessing either Sean or his son got a Switch from Santa

46 minutes ago, Ivanho said:

From his post about setting up the Family account, I’m guessing either Sean or his son got a Switch from Santa

why not both?

Spoiler

4B9F0A13-2362-40B3-9099-1B2D5ACD7818.jpeg.7b9bc87d15051281f3242682835ec168.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Ivanho said:

But this is read-and-post-in-every-thread-SeanR.

It’s inconceivable he didn’t know already.

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

But this is read-and-post-in-every-thread-SeanR.

It’s inconceivable he didn’t know already.

except this one. To quote proper Spock:

It would be impossible to discuss the subject without a common frame of reference.

42 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Oh just remembered!

We normally get a pretty meaty Nintendo Direct in January don’t we?

I was just thinking about that. The only game we know about from Nintendo for 2020 is Animal Crossing which comes out 20th March, so it could be a good Direct. Metroid Prime Trilogy perhaps??

I can see either a port of Mario 3D World or Odyssey 2 this year as well, or maybe both - we got NSMBU and Mario Maker 2 last year after all. 

There's hardly anything on the horizon besides Animal Crossing in March so there will definitely be one before that. I'd hope much sooner than the end of Feb to see what they've got planned for the year/next six months. 

1 hour ago, smac said:

MP 4 is on the cards, so a trilogy remake as a taster is a good bet.

(Said someone before every single direct)

I’m not getting my hopes up. :hmm:

No, but as a possible candidate for an announcement for 2020, it's the kind of thing Nintendo might do. It's existing IP; it's a remake for Switch that can be farmed out to another studio or three.

I'm not holding my breath - I mean, we may end up with MP 4 before the remake of the original trilogy.

A quick Google suggests even that is not expected any time soon, so you're probably right not to engage in hope.

37 minutes ago, smac said:

No, but as a possible candidate for an announcement for 2020, it's the kind of thing Nintendo might do. It's existing IP; it's a remake for Switch that can be farmed out to another studio or three.

I'm not holding my breath - I mean, we may end up with MP 4 before the remake of the original trilogy.

A quick Google suggests even that is not expected any time soon, so you're probably right not to engage in hope.

oh all signs have pointed to it for a while and it totally makes sense for them to do it. It’s just mentioned as a dead cert by leakers and pundits every time and it’s still awol. 

As others have mentioned before, it will likely be used to increase momentum and hype for MP4, so if that game is a ways off then I’m skeptical we’ll see it before E3.

But fingers crossed! I’ll need about a year to finish 3 Metroid Prime games anyway! 

There's Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE on January 15th as well. Don't miss that if you've never played the WiiU version - it's fantastic. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

There's Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE on January 15th as well. Don't miss that if you've never played the WiiU version - it's fantastic. 

Yeah, I finished the WiiU version - great game.

2 hours ago, Coolcongo said:

anyone played witcher 3 on the Switch lite. i  have it on so many platforms and enjoy it just never got too far in it.

I’ve been playing it on regular switch, so it will be the same as what it is on that but with a smaller screen.

Basically, it’s the full experience with a lower frame rate and blurrier visuals. It’s still a bit of a miracle though. If you haven’t progressed that far in other platforms I doubt it’s going to change that (unless it’s been a case of not being able to use the TV enough and you’ve been dying to play more)

Thinking about getting Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training on Friday. I need to know the damage the past fifteen years have done.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Coolcongo said:

anyone played witcher 3 on the Switch lite. i  have it on so many platforms and enjoy it just never got too far in it.

I'm not far into but it looks and runs fine to me. There are some issues like an early cutscene where you're on a horse looks a lot ropier than the game normally does but apart from that and a little bit of pop up I'm happier playing it on the Lite than on the PS4. It does mean I keep draining the battery playing it and I really wish the machine had an led light that goes off when it's finished charging like the 3DS.

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

I'm not far into but it looks and runs fine to me. There are some issues like an early cutscene where you're on a horse looks a lot ropier than the game normally does but apart from that and a little bit of pop up I'm happier playing it on the Lite than on the PS4. It does mean I keep draining the battery playing it and I really wish the machine had an led light that goes off when it's finished charging like the 3DS.

yep i played it on Ps4 alot but then lost my save. so thinking maybe getting it for the switch lite for bus journeys 

I have cFW on my Vita. Anyone here do it on the switch? Reason would be portable emulation, but as I said, I have a Vita, so it’s not really a priority... until a Dreamcast Emulator comes along and then I will have to jailbreak.

Oh... wait...