rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

6 minutes ago, SeanR said:

switch lite is discounted by 4% on amazon, so I bought three!

I've actually just  finally bought one at that price mainly because Amazon lets you spread the cost which is handy at this time of year (it's not a credit deal they just charge your card the price in 5 chunks). Coming tomorrow but have picked up two games already, fire emblem and civ, both of which will consume my life for a while. There's a brilliant range now of games suited to handheld play. 

Botw will wait for Christmas. 

Been thinking about it for a while, needing to replace my vita and 3ds, but my pal who isn't remotely a nintendo guy loves his. 

15 minutes ago, deerokus said:

I've actually just  finally bought one at that price mainly because Amazon lets you spread the cost which is handy at this time of year (it's not a credit deal they just charge your card the price in 5 chunks).

Is this a new thing? Sounds altogether quite useful. 

6 minutes ago, Popo said:

Is this a new thing? Sounds altogether quite useful. 

I think so, not sure. It's only on certain products and I'm not sure if everyone can use it, I get the impression it's an account-specific offer. Even the switch -for me at least it's only valid on the lite and not any bundles. 

On the item page they make it look like a typical dodgy credit deal but if you click for more information it isn't.

Also it said you must have a credit card on your account to be eligible although it seemed to be allowing me to charge it to a debit card (but I put it on a credit card anyway as I think it should mean I get s75 cover). Sometimes American companies use the term interchangeably so I don't know. 

On 25/11/2019 at 20:32, shirubagan said:

You can buy a Magic NS and use any PS4/Xbox/Wii U pad of your choice. They’re excellent. 

I have another of these doing nothing, if anybody is after one.....

59 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

Are either of the Blazblue games worth considering if I don't have a stick?

They're very pad friendly in my opinion. Cross Tag Battle has just been updated to 2.0 and will have more players than CF but it's also likely to be pretty dead online within a few weeks. Excellent game, though. 

If you haven't already got it, DBFZ is the only fighting game apart from Smash where I can still get a game online and it's much better than BB. 

I'm going to be honest, the addition of Teddie in one of the Blazblues is the thing that drew me in earlier. I'll do some more research though, I would like a fighter that does somewhat take the controls into account. I have the SF 30th collection and it's heartbreaking to have all those games be various levels of unplayable.

18 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

We need to get another switch for youngest Xmas, I’ve been holding out for tomms but has anyone seen any deals in this pre Black Friday week?

Best one I've seen for OG Switch (with better battery) was on HUKD, comes with pokemon and MK8 for £300 https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-2019-version-pokemon-sword-mario-kart-deluxe-29900-3345737

Or if you prefer Lego https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-improved-battery-3345023

Think there was a Lite on for under £200 as well but really they're not discounting the hardware much.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

We need to get another switch for youngest Xmas, I’ve been holding out for tomms but has anyone seen any deals in this pre Black Friday week?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/11/guide_best_nintendo_switch_black_friday_2019_deals_-_console_bundles_games_micro_sd_cards_and_more#black-friday-2019-best-nintendo-deals-uk

Also if you need a code for 10% off the official Nintendo Store, give me a shout.

• Upvote 1

The two deals of note on the lite are amazon and Asda. 170 at Asda but only in physical shops and it seems to be only certain branches. 

Then it's 190 at amazon which isn't much of a reduction but still. I jumped in there. Don't have time to go hunting around asdas. 

43 minutes ago, deerokus said:

The two deals of note on the lite are amazon and Asda. 170 at Asda but only in physical shops and it seems to be only certain branches. 

Then it's 190 at amazon which isn't much of a reduction but still. I jumped in there. Don't have time to go hunting around asdas. 

£190 at Nintendo Online with 12 months online sub.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, deerokus said:

I think so, not sure. It's only on certain products and I'm not sure if everyone can use it, I get the impression it's an account-specific offer. 

I've bought a couple of things this way from Amazon it certainly helps when you are skint 

2 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

I’m holding out for the lite dropping below £190 at Amazon now too.

It already was below £190 at Amazon.

• Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Lower than 188.50 or 189.99 then.

Why do you post like this?

The yellow one was £185 earlier. Post like what?

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

The yellow one was £185 earlier. Post like what?

I didn’t see it at £185 and have been checking a lot.

My comment was based on the assumption that you were pointing out that £189.99 was less than £190.

4 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

I didn’t see it at £185 and have been checking a lot.

My comment was based on the assumption that you were pointing out that £189.99 was less than £190.

Oh right, no. I was pointing out you'd already missed the price. Although it's possible it was a misprice or a 3rd party seller.

13 minutes ago, deKay said:

Oh right, no. I was pointing out you'd already missed the price. Although it's possible it was a misprice or a 3rd party seller.

They have fluctuated by a few quid but as you said, 3rd party sellers popping up when amazons stock went. Sadly, I’ve had a wish list up with them on all day refreshing it :ph34r:

Thanks for clarifying :)

New switch owner as  of today (went for the lite). Been playing around with it. Really well designed bit of hardware. Too many good games to choose from too. 

So far loving Fire Emblem and Katana Zero.  FE is a bit clunky in the persona-ish 'walk around and talk to everyone' sections they've added to those but enjoying it otherwise. 

• Upvote 3

Anyone spotted any pro controller offers today? Played Mario Kart with my son last night, literally sat right next to the switch, and the blue controller still wouldn’t steer properly. Argh, etc.