rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Devil May Cry 3 announced. Good old Capcom, with their late, hugely overpriced Switch ports. Still, I'll buy this when it's half price. 

• Upvote 9

What's the best 3rd party wireless pro controller for the Switch these days?

Need stuff for my wishlist for others to buy as gifts, but the actual Pro Controller is too expensive realistically.

26 minutes ago, drmick said:

Need stuff for my wishlist for others to buy as gifts, but the actual Pro Controller is too expensive realistically.

I've really been enjoying the 8bitdo SN30 Pro+ (terrible name notwithstanding) which is sort of like if a SNES pad and a PS4 pad had a baby and fed it whatever they fed the original Xbox controller.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, drmick said:

You can buy a Magic NS and use any PS4/Xbox/Wii U pad of your choice. They’re excellent. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, drmick said:

Afraid I can’t vouch for any of the third party ones but I can advise that the Pro Controller does occasionally pop up on hot Uk deals for around the £45 mark. Still by no means cheap but it is very nice and has a battery that probably lasts longer than all my other controllers put together!! 

Black Friday this week too, that might see them being on sale at a decent price :)

• Upvote 1

I use the Wii U Pro controller with an 8bitdo bluetooth dongle on the Switch, but when playing Luigi's Mansion 3 you need the HD rumble to find boos (or else it's just a guess game). So then I thought, the Switch Lite lacks HD rumble right? Are the people with that system losing out when playing LM3?

53 minutes ago, MoFo2 said:

I use the Wii U Pro controller with an 8bitdo bluetooth dongle on the Switch, but when playing Luigi's Mansion 3 you need the HD rumble to find boos (or else it's just a guess game). So then I thought, the Switch Lite lacks HD rumble right? Are the people with that system losing out when playing LM3?

Spoiler

The goo in the vacuum bubbles more fiercely when near a Boo.

• Upvote 2

I expect a Super Metroid remake will suffer the same thing the Abe's Odyssey and MGS 1 retreads did: dirty, rusty, muddy, unkempt environments with age and history reborn into glossy, clean, high definition new-build environments with shiny metals and fresh  concrete. I don't know why higher definition remakes keep causing de-aging but they really do. And it's not just that the originals' lower res, fuzzy pixellation and more suggestive textures merely implied age and a soily detail; all three games' environments were specifically designed as that. 

Link’s Awakening and Samus Returns worked as remakes because they were originally Game Boy games. A Samus Returns makeover is not required for Super Metroid or any SNES game. Imagine if they remade Yoshi’s Island with New Yoshi’s Island graphics.

• Empathy 1

45 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

Link’s Awakening and Samus Returns worked as remakes because they were originally Game Boy games. A Samus Returns makeover is not required for Super Metroid or any SNES game. Imagine if they remade Yoshi’s Island with New Yoshi’s Island graphics.

Quiet! They might hear you! :ph34r:

5 hours ago, alex3d said:

Everytime I leave my Switch in sleep mode for more than a day it turns itself off. Is there any way to prevent this?

Play Switch games more frequently?

• Upvote 2

On 24/11/2019 at 09:32, Robsk1 said:

Hi. I’ve just picked up a Switch and It’s my first Nintendo console since the 64. 

Are there any must have’s ? BOTW and Mario came with it. I may trade Mario as it’s not generally my thing but I will give it a go first. possibly for Luigi 3. 

From the hardware point, memory card, pro controller and a screen protector. Anything else recommend ?

Many thanks for any replies. 

If you have Amazon Prime, make a Twitch account with it and get free Nintendo Online for the year, then try out Tetris 99... after tryig it, try to drag yourself away to play some of the excellent games you already have :)

• Upvote 2