rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

42 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

@Strafe & @Dr Nookie – have you had a chance to play yet? It does look rather fun, and Nintendolife gave it a positive review, though do say it's best for multiplayer.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/rekt_high_octane_stunts

Just had a quick blast. It’s ok and you can’t really go wrong at that price.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, pledge said:

The Touryst is out tomorrow but I've not seen any hype since the trailer a few months ago.

While I have Pokemon and Shenmue on the go? Bloody typical.

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

I still get blown away that I am playing The Witcher 3 on a Switch. I only play in handheld and it is great. In all honesty though, I don't care about graphical downgrades as long as I can still play the game. I grew up with Pong, Space Invaders, Lotus Turbo Esprit, Colin The Cleaner, Dizzy and the likes. I graphical downgraded version the The Witcher 3 is still amazing to look at. 

I have it on PS4 but never really put the time into it for various reasons - chief among them was that I couldn't read anything with my shitty eyesight so it all became a massive chore.

On Switch however not only is the interface nice and Magoo-friendly, I'm free to waste an evening playing cards or otherwise pootling about without feeling I've wasted time. It's gone from a game I appreciated to one of my all time favourites. I just don't know when I'm actually going to finish it - 70 hours in and I've still gone no further than Novigrad. Pokemon remains unplayed.

• Upvote 4

Heh, I've gone from playing The Witcher 3 on my PS4 Pro connected to a 4k HDR TV to playing it on the Switch (occasionally on that same TV) simply because it's portable and, despite looking pretty blurry, is still exactly the same game.

It is a real shame there's no cross-save though. Would be nice to have the option of loading my save up on either PS4 or PC where I can enjoy the visuals a bit more. But if I can only play it on one system, I choose to do so on the Switch.

• Upvote 2

Cross save would’ve been great but the switch is my console of choice to play it. Today I got 4 hours out of it when travelling from home to London then from London to Dublin. Just soaking in the world rather than trying to blast through it like I did before.

I’m enjoying The Outer Worlds a lot but I’ve held back from going too far in as I’d rather play it portable so might stop and wait for the Switch port.

Glad I have Game Pass though so I haven’t bought the game.

I just started The Switcher yesterday! It looks rougher than I'd expected on the telly but I usually play handheld and it's a lovely wee miracle on there. This is my first playthrough so I'm pretty hyped - after two hours I've spent all my money on Gwent cards and pressing the wrong buttons in fights. It's good.

The best thing about it though is clearly that in a game with 100+ hours of content to choose from they used that shot of Geralt in the bath from the opening on the eShop page.

• Upvote 1

Feral Interactive today announced that Alien: Isolation™, the AAA survival horror game, will be released on the Nintendo Switch system on 5 December 2019.

Originally developed by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA, Alien: Isolation won multiple awards and was critically acclaimed for its tense, atmospheric gameplay and fidelity to the production values of director Ridley Scott’s 1979 film, Alien.

In an original story set fifteen years after the events of the film, players take on the role of Ellen Ripley’s daughter Amanda, who seeks to discover the truth behind her mother’s disappearance. Marooned aboard the remote space station Sevastopol with a few desperate survivors, players must stay out of sight, and use their wits to survive as they are stalked by an ever-present, unstoppable Alien.

Alien: Isolation on Nintendo Switch will feature support for gyroscopic aiming and HD rumble to immerse players in its terrifying world wherever they play. It will also include all DLC ever released for the game.

The game will be released via the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, in all territories that the store currently supports. It is available to pre-order now for £29.99 / $34.99 / €34.99 / ¥4400.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Flub said:

Children of Morta is out now isn't it? Has anyone tried the Switch version yet? I really liked the PC version a lot.

Yes! Only played to the first boss, and quickly died.

Lovely stuff so far. The story narration and house are brilliant. The artwork is terrific too, feels like I'm playing an old Lucasarts game, it's got that side-on pixel art feel. Combat is fine so far, but I'm expecting it to get better as I get more upgrades.

Did you ever finish it on PC?

On 20/11/2019 at 07:11, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Rekt looks a bit like Gripshift, that was a great wee game

And I'm getting major SF Rush 2049 vibes, too. Thanks to all the ringing endorsements here, I think I'll buy it!

• Upvote 1

On 08/11/2019 at 12:01, Paulando said:

Thought I'd put this here first for the Nintendo Switch fans.

When the Wireless SNES controllers went up at the start of this month, I balked at the £8.90 postage cost, but then ordered the maximum possible (4), with the hope of sharing this cost in future.

So they have arrived, and I have 3 spare, which I'll pass on for the RRP + 1/4 of the postage cost + UK postage price, which comes to £34 each (PayPal Gift, Monzo, or Bank Transfer). I won't make any profit on these!

These are now OOS until 2020, and will cost £35.89 direct from Nintendo :)

EDIT: All gone!

snes2.original.jpg

*EDIT* Annnd it's gone!*

Guys, I have one of these, I ended up with two and promised to offer the other one up here. So, same deal as Paulando £34 delivered. Paypal/BT. 

It's brand new, I've literally just opened the outer brown box to check it actually was in there, as mine were delivered separately.

If anyone here want's it give me a PM and I can get it sent out today.

D16F0AAA-B729-4C3C-9101-340BE645AC77.thumb.jpeg.f50b878d096f531b5ddc2c09c45ee2be.jpeg

• Upvote 9

20 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

Finally got my Tetris 99 controller - 3rd time’s the charm? So far it’s exactly what I wanted, really sweet, if not ergonomically ideal. No more drifting to the sides!

E8AB288E-3516-42A5-A76F-EE902558F48C.jpeg

I genuinely love it! I've updated the firmware on mine as well and so when playing Tetris 99 I'm using the left D-Pad. Battery lasts for ages and not had to recharge it once yet. Going to get the Yellow variation too I think.

• Upvote 1

I posted this in ATF but you lot will know so thought better to cross post - I’ve managed to get a Switch for a decent price, it’s a V1 model though. I assume the shop was getting rid of some old stock but there’s a possibility (with some hassle) that I might be able to swap it for the new model. However, I’m not bothered about the better battery so don’t know if it’s worth any hassle at all anyway - what else has changed/improved?

3 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

That gives me an idea, you can map any button to any button Right? Hmmm

Unfortunately I don't think so - but I'm intrigued to what you wanted to try! From the patch notes you can swap the left side when updated to v1.02:

3. New function – swap Dpad and left joystick by pressing and holding LEFT+SELECT for 3 seconds (LED blinks in red once to indicate the success of the action).

• Upvote 1