Nintendo Switch

15 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

The community is convinced that Splatoon SOS is more than a tweet.

New SP content or a new MP game or mode do we think? SP I can take or leave, but some new multi-player modes would be sweet. I'm currently still playing, but only Clam Blitz or Salmon Run.

1 minute ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Nice! 

Bit weird they didn’t wait a week to include in the direct but oh well.

Why is the video 4K?

Spoiler

Switch Pro Megaton!

17 minutes ago, Jonnycash said:

Is splatoon 2 still online? Daughter wants it but thought the online was finishing on this. 

It’s still online. All they finished was adding more content updates.

22 minutes ago, Jonnycash said:

Is splatoon 2 still online? Daughter wants it but thought the online was finishing on this. 

Yes. Get it. It's the greatest thing Nintendo have put out in years. Honestly. It's a MASTERPIECE.

Spoiler

Apart from the annoying intro bit. Every. Damn. Time.

7 hours ago, scottcr said:

I'm having some trouble with my right joycon... while it works attached or detached, I can't get it to synch as a second controller horizontally for playing Mario Kart.  I detached both joycons, hold sl+sr on the left one and it works fine and the wee light comes on... try the same with the right joycon and nothing happens.  It's still active, for example, I can use 'b' to cancel... but just can't get it to recognise the sl+sr presses :( anyone else had this problem?

Yes. The ribbon cable for the little side button snaps and needs replacing. It's soldered onto the PCB though so you'll need a replacement.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Joy-Replacement-Metal-Screwdrivers-Set/dp/B07P9YLM3H/

No idea if that's the cheapest so have a look around. I replaced mine as they seem ok now.

2 hours ago, Jonnycash said:

Yes, and still busy enough throughout the day. You need to subscribe to the Nintendo online service as well.

All of the normal 4v4 and Salmon Run matches run online as before.

What they did finish was the global SplatFests, which were special all-day matches where everyone chose a side and got special Sea Snails - losing those might be a bit of a pain, as they allowed you to re-roll your gear, so newbies have less chance to minimax their kit.

And like deKay said, they stopped releasing new content - like, new Salmon Run locations, new Stages, or new gear.

2 hours ago, Adrock said:

Yes. The ribbon cable for the little side button snaps and needs replacing. It's soldered onto the PCB though so you'll need a replacement.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Joy-Replacement-Metal-Screwdrivers-Set/dp/B07P9YLM3H/

No idea if that's the cheapest so have a look around. I replaced mine as they seem ok now.

Bloody hell, those look expensive, if you've the time to wait, have a nose on AliExpress, last ones I got were about a fiver per pair, don't think I have any left, but I'll check.

6 hours ago, deKay said:

West of Loathing is £5.40 now. It is an excellent game and needs purchasing by everyone.

Playing while Rogue Trooper downloads (10 bloody hours! Bloody crappy broadband). 

Made me me laugh out loud already - that stupid walking perk!

Been playing Azure Striker Gunvolt again and it’s bloody great. A better fit for the 3DS I think, but still excellent and so rewarding when you nail the bosses.

Daughter loves the guy who shouts LAZY LASER! Which comes out as RAZY RAZER of course.