rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

I played Grandia 2 through on PC a few years back and absolutely loved it....never played 1 and the somewhat magic graphics are putting me off that.

On 23/12/2019 at 12:25, Kryptonian said:

It has always being a bit slow loading but the last update seems to have knacked it a bit. As dekay mentioned, if you have your Microsoft account attached it seems to make it a bit smoother for some reason.

Sorry with more questions, but do me and my daughter both need Microsoft accounts to play multiplayer on separate Switch's, locally? 

22 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Sorry with more questions, but do me and my daughter both need Microsoft accounts to play multiplayer on separate Switch's, locally? 

I don’t know, sorry - we have them as we play on the Xbox as well and so chop and change

No worries, for now I’ve just bought and downloaded the game on her Switch, set up her profile etc. It’s all wrapped now and under the tree along with Pokemon, her first ever console, I’m so excited! 

• Upvote 2

You were right @deKay Minecraft is currently Mineshafted, can’t even create a world - I’ll try later using a Microsoft account, tried before but it requires an email address which, obviously, my 6 year old doesn’t have :rolleyes: Ah well, she’s enjoying Pokemon.

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

You were right @deKay Minecraft is currently Mineshafted, can’t even create a world - I’ll try later using a Microsoft account, tried before but it requires an email address which, obviously, my 6 year old doesn’t have :rolleyes: Ah well, she’s enjoying Pokemon.

My son created a world this morning - new Switch, cartridge Minecraft, linked to his MS account (he has an account on the Xbox already) and had no issues so it could be worth doing that. Both my kids have email addresses though as we set them up when they were born to email pictures etc to them

12 minutes ago, deKay said:

Weegi 3

Where the Mario characters take a trip through Glasgow’s dark underbelly. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

My son created a world this morning - new Switch, cartridge Minecraft, linked to his MS account (he has an account on the Xbox already) and had no issues so it could be worth doing that. Both my kids have email addresses though as we set them up when they were born to email pictures etc to them

Thanks I just need to set up an email then and we’ll be away.

1 hour ago, Robo_1 said:

So, I'm in the club:

IMG_20191225_110118866.jpg

Downloaded My Friend Pedro and my daughter is currently being delighted by Kirby. Can never beat Christmas mornings with a new console. Hope everyone is having a good one. :)

Oh man you’ve got some nice games there, just got hold of Astral Chain myself, it looks stunning.

• Upvote 2

I've read quite a bit about Witcher 3, is playing the prequels a requirement?

I've not played them and obviously they aren't available on the Switch.

So I’m a new inductee into the switch world - we got Pokemon shield, Mario odyssey and Zelda Links awakening. 
 I also nabbed Tetris 99 and Golf Story from the store. 

What other recommendations do we have for someone that’s got a wii u already?

34 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Nah, not at all.

36 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Good god no. Jump in and kiss a hundred hours goodbye.

On 24/12/2019 at 10:04, Spiceymike said:

I bought the physical copy of Sonic Mania Plus because I wanted the artwork book and reversible cover, but typically I get stuff off digital download.

I also kind of fancy the physical media and artwork, I'm a big sonic fan, but digital has the benefit of always having it on the console I guess. I won't be selling it...

5 hours ago, Robo_1 said:

So, I'm in the club:

Downloaded My Friend Pedro and my daughter is currently being delighted by Kirby. Can never beat Christmas mornings with a new console. Hope everyone is having a good one. :)

I know absolutely nothing about these games. Like, zero. Heard of Bayoneta I think but maybe a different console? Probably worth checking out?

9 minutes ago, sharak said:

I also kind of fancy the physical media and artwork, I'm a big sonic fan, but digital has the benefit of always having it on the console I guess. I won't be selling it...

I picked up the PS4 physical version cheap while it was "free" on PS Plus, if the switch one is identical it's a lovely little package.

I hate physical copies for handhelds. The switch cases are so unlovely (aside from the occasional reverse cover art on Nintendo games) that it's not like you're missing out really. 

8 hours ago, Robo_1 said:

So, I'm in the club:

Welcome :).

Have you had the call from Kyoto yet asking where your obligatory copies of MK8, BOTW, SMO are? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

I picked up the PS4 physical version cheap while it was "free" on PS Plus, if the switch one is identical it's a lovely little package.

I think I bought Mania a month before it went free. But I don’t mind, I love it. I do however need it on the Switch. Perhaps I will just go digital. I have Zelda and Mario Kart on the physical side.

I just bought Ikaruga. Bloody Ikaruga. Are you kidding me?! Amazing.

Untitled Goose Game looks hilarious.

It’s really nice to have a new console. Last console I bought was my original white PS4 back in the day. I went for a fully grey switch and it does look nice but I do see the appeal of the coloured joy cons. Maybe I will need an additional set anyway one day, who knows.

Happy Switching everyone :) Merry Christmas :) 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Adrock said:

Nope you're perfectly okay to play it. 

At the in laws for Xmas. Left my usb c charger for the switch. Woe is me. 

not that it matters. Gotta keep playing this 20 year old copy of trivial pursuit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 2

Another new Switch owner here. Got what I want from the big titles for now (Mario Odyssey and Zelda  BOTW) but no idea about what to look at from the online store. Is there anything which is essential? Sorry, asking a question which I'm sure has been answered plenty of times already. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, harbey said:

Another new Switch owner here. Got what I want from the big titles for now (Mario Odyssey and Zelda  BOTW) but no idea about what to look at from the online store. Is there anything which is essential? Sorry, asking a question which I'm sure has been answered plenty of times already. 

Welcome to the club :)

It all depends what types of genres and game styles you like really.

But has a broad jumping off point, you could check out this list which shows the highest rated Switch games and then could read the descriptions and find ones you likes the genre of, most will have a trailer for you to quickly check out too.

There is also a sale on the eShop for you to look through. Also, don;t forget quite a few games do have demo's, so no harm in downloading those to check out games prior to purchasing.

HTH

• Upvote 2

My own personal eShop essentials would be:

Hollow Knight

Happy shopping!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, grounded_dreams said:

Welcome to the club :)

It all depends what types of genres and game styles you like really.

But has a broad jumping off point, you could check out this list which shows the highest rated Switch games and then could read the descriptions and find ones you likes the genre of, most will have a trailer for you to quickly check out too.

There is also a sale on the eShop for you to look through. Also, don;t forget quite a few games do have demo's, so no harm in downloading those to check out games prior to purchasing.

HTH

That list is perfect. Many thanks. 

• Upvote 1