rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Well, unless you're into Dragon Quest Builders 2. I seem to remember noticing it was over 1GB for some reason.

I don’t know about the formatting aspect but any games on that card are locked to the console and non transferable.

9 hours ago, Coolcongo said:

did anyone get a switch lite that also has a normal switch. Tempted to buy one but wondering how it works with using accounts 

I’ve had issues as my kids have accounts on the switch. That meant I had to leave that as primary and the lite as secondary. 

I also have three accounts for different regions so it’s all ended up quite complicated. For now I’m just adding select games to the lite and using it worth physical games. Quite nice just to load the game(s) currently being played. 

Vampyr is an excellent port  - really loving this

Also picked up

Deadly Premonition - excellent as well

Baldurs Gate double pack - finally getting on with these - tried a few times before but it never clicked - on switch its perfect

Neverwinter Nights - very clunky so far - the poorest of the 4 (5) games

Hey, quick Switch question. I've bought my daughter one for Christmas as she's nuts about Kirby, so I've bought her Star Allies to go with it, along with a memory card. On Christmas morning, can she just unwrap it and start playing or does it need a swathe of time consuming updates? For what it's worth it's the new model and if the updates for the system are on the game carts, then we can wait that long, just don't want to have to download gigabytes worth of updates on Christmas morning. Thanks.

Just now, Robo_1 said:

Hey, quick Switch question. I've bought my daughter one for Christmas as she's nuts about Kirby, so I've bought her Star Allies to go with it, along with a memory card. On Christmas morning, can she just unwrap it and start playing or does it need a swathe of time consuming updates? For what it's worth it's the new model and if the updates for the system are on the game carts, then we can wait that long, just don't want to have to download gigabytes worth of updates on Christmas morning. Thanks.

The Switch is a revelation in that all the updates I've ever had to perform take minutes - usually no more than 2 or 3 - and can be skipped if you wish.  It's brilliant in that respect.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bushtopher said:

The Switch is a revelation in that all the updates I've ever had to perform take minutes - usually no more than 2 or 3 - and can be skipped if you wish.  It's brilliant in that respect.

Sounds like we won't have any trouble then. Cheers.

Splatoon has been an exception at times - that has required updates to remain playing online.

5 hours ago, Coolcongo said:

Anyone played gear club ultimate. Is it any good 

I haven't played the 2nd one but the 1st was a mobile port.  It's actually quite fun but races are 3 minutes long and progression is basically a freemium mobile with the premium currency patched out.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

I haven't played the 2nd one but the 1st was a mobile port.  It's actually quite fun but races are 3 minutes long and progression is basically a freemium mobile with the premium currency patched out.

How do the cars handle in it. Does the driving feel ok.  The first one is £8 in the sale 

The handling is decent enough; i wouldn't say there is a vast difference between cars necessarily, outside of the obvious speed increases as you grind through. 

My main complaint would be that the races are a bit too short, certainly to begin with. 

By the end they have started to stretch out but even then, not as long as I'd have liked. Asphalt is better and its free, albeit more arcade. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Coolcongo said:

Fair enough will try asphalt. Really wish there was a forza type game on switch even forza horizon type 

Yes, no racer has really grabbed me on the switch. A couple are technically impressive or have decent mechanics but nothing with the whole package. I’ve also realised how important analog triggers are despite my early denial! Broken record I know but Sega Rally and Ridge would keep me busy for a very long time.

I’ve ended up getting an Xbox again so I can play Forza (plus PES and a couple of other games I will never get time to play)...

• Upvote 1

Completed Celeste today. Was it good? Yeah, I suppose?

Did I enjoy it? No, not really. I was hoping for air-punching every time I finished a difficult room, but instead I just thought “thank fuck I won’t need to do that again”.

Completed the original again straight afterwards and somehow enjoyed that a lot more.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Coolcongo said:

Fair enough will try asphalt. Really wish there was a forza type game on switch even forza horizon type 

Grid Autosport is fantastic.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, deKay said:

Completed Celeste today. Was it good? Yeah, I suppose?

Did I enjoy it? No, not really. I was hoping for air-punching every time I finished a difficult room, but instead I just thought “thank fuck I won’t need to do that again”.

Completed the original again straight afterwards and somehow enjoyed that a lot more.

I think I had a similar experience to you with this at times. Although, it just saved itself from typing over the edge for me. I haven't finished the last chapter though as I could see it going that way. 

Can anyone remember the crowdfunded switch adapter that lets you dock it anywhere?  Basically looks like a block to plug into the msins and allows you to rock a switch easily etc. 

3 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Remember Celeste has brilliant difficulty options if you're finding it too hard to enjoy. 

If I'd completed it using any of them (and I didn't know about them until I'd nearly completed it anyway) I don't think I'd have enjoyed it more as I'd always have thought I'd cheated a bit.

Once completed, I turned most of them on to go after strawberries and... I'm not sure I can be bothered.

One of our local Gamestops is going out of business, and marked all Switch games 20% off. It'd be rude of me not to nab Skyrim, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Link's Awakening at those prices.

• Upvote 2

One of my left joycon is now constantly disconnecting. I suspect this may be due to my new TV.

Is the foam thing still the fix? If so, where do I get the foam?

Does anyone apart from me have Walking Dead the Final Season on switch? 

I don’t seem to be able to get episodes 2 onwards to download. Anyone else had this problem?

On 21/12/2019 at 08:51, iknowgungfu said:

Can anyone remember the crowdfunded switch adapter that lets you dock it anywhere?  Basically looks like a block to plug into the msins and allows you to rock a switch easily etc. 

• Upvote 1