Jump to content
rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Recommended Posts

@skittles if you’ve got Hollow Knight then I’d implore you give it another go / a bit more time. I played it for a while and it didn’t click with me but there was something nagging at me that made me give it another go and oh my days, it really is very, very good :).

 

I saw that someone mentioned Rogue Legacy earlier and that too is superb. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone used Tobydeals for a Switch Lite? They have the Pokemon one for £165. Not too shabby, as Link would say (i think it was him).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Popo said:

Harder than Jason Statham reading Razzle though. 

 

:hat:

 

(And I didn't think it was that hard, really, especially on the normal mode. Ross Kemp looking at lingerie levels of hardness, perhaps, but certainly not Statham with a stiffy.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jackson said:

Have you played Into the Breach, @skittles? I remember you liking advance wars back in the day and this is similar but more puzzley, you only have three units. Awesome game.

I have! Loved it but it was nails. I should give it another shot. Also reply to my pm on Facebook about beers over Xmas! 

5 hours ago, suzzopher said:

If you like Advance Wars, check out Tiny Metal Full Metal Rumble. It’s a much better game than the original and as a huge Advance Wars fan, I prefer it to Wargroove.

Will check that out too. 

 

Thanks for the recos all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone sees a decent (original style) Switch deal could they post in here please? I’m waiting for Black Friday but would happily pick one up beforehand if it’s a decent price :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

 

And why 35 fucking quid?

 

What! As much as I love bubble bobble that's...just...crazy pricing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 20:28, Pavey said:

Anyone used Tobydeals for a Switch Lite? They have the Pokemon one for £165. Not too shabby, as Link would say (i think it was him).

A bit dodgy based on the reviews. Tread carefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/11/2019 at 01:20, skittles said:

I have! Loved it but it was nails. I should give it another shot. Also reply to my pm on Facebook about beers over Xmas! 

Will check that out too. 

 

Thanks for the recos all. 

 

As someone already mentioned, The Binding of Isaac comes highly recommended if you like games like Enter the Gungeon. Personally I think it's the best rogue like ever made and I only got into it earlier this year after years of not understanding all the hype for it. Once it clicked it quickly became one of my most played Switch games ever and not a week goes by without me having a few sessions still. 

The only 'problem' with the Switch version is that it's the complete version with all DLC which makes the learning curve a lot steeper than for those who started playing the vanilla version. Stick with it, though, and it's a game that'll keep on giving even after the 200h mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rayn said:

 

As someone already mentioned, The Binding of Isaac comes highly recommended if you like games like Enter the Gungeon. Personally I think it's the best rogue like ever made and I only got into it earlier this year after years of not understanding all the hype for it. Once it clicked it quickly became one of my most played Switch games ever and not a week goes by without me having a few sessions still. 

The only 'problem' with the Switch version is that it's the complete version with all DLC which makes the learning curve a lot steeper than for those who started playing the vanilla version. Stick with it, though, and it's a game that'll keep on giving even after the 200h mark.

 

I'd just like to add - I completely agree with you - just worth mentioning that this game will punish you for the slightest lapse in concentration. Even if you zone out for a few seconds. Personally I'm just not Zen-like enough for this game, which is a shame, because i love everything else about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 11:45, NickC said:

 

I really enjoyed Rogue Legacy. Similar to Dead Cells.

 

 

 

Down to £3.73 for the next two weeks. I couldn't get on with it when I played it on Vita several years ago, but I might be tempted to have another go at that price.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

So, what should I play next on my Switch – Cave Story+ or Starlink? (I play my Switch through the TV 90% of the time.)

 

Starlink till you get bored of it. It's a cracking little game, it just gets a bit samey after a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

 

Starlink till you get bored of it. It's a cracking little game, it just gets a bit samey after a while.

Thanks. :) How long do you think it'll last me? (I bought it in March for a tenner, and haven't opened it yet.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Thanks. :) How long do you think it'll last me? (I bought it in March for a tenner, and haven't opened it yet.)

 

In typical ubi fashion if you want to collect everything you're looking at a hefty chunk of time. TBH I don't think there's any reason you can't dip in and out of that and play Cave Story at the same time. I'd tell you how much I put into it but I haven't played it in a while and need to update it, which is going to take an hour apparently :/ I definitely put more than 8-10 hours in and was still futzing about with the story and and collecting shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

 

Down to £3.73 for the next two weeks. I couldn't get on with it when I played it on Vita several years ago, but I might be tempted to have another go at that price.

It's fantastic when it grabs you. I'll pick it up at that price and it'll be the third time I've bought it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Thanks. :) How long do you think it'll last me? (I bought it in March for a tenner, and haven't opened it yet.)


Took me about 18 hours to 100% it. Well worth it though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deKay said:


Took me about 18 hours to 100% it. Well worth it though.

Don’t need the plastic ship in the box, do I? :unsure: I play exclusively with the Pro controller as the Joycons feel too fiddly for me. (And one doesn’t even work properly when unattached from the Switch.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Don’t need the plastic ship in the box, do I? :unsure: I play exclusively with the Pro controller as the Joycons feel too fiddly for me. (And one doesn’t even work properly when unattached from the Switch.)


You need the joycon once to unlock the items the included plastic stuff unlocks, but after that, no. I played the whole thing with a pro controller and the plastic stuff back in the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, deKay said:


You need the joycon once to unlock the items the included plastic stuff unlocks, but after that, no. I played the whole thing with a pro controller and the plastic stuff back in the box.

 

Appa you have to reconnect once every X days. Just checked my play time, 20 hours or more and I'm not finished :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

 

Appa you have to reconnect once every X days. Just checked my play time, 20 hours or more and I'm not finished :lol:


Maybe I completed it before the time to reconnect? Was about two weeks from start to finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.