rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

There's a Tesco extra 8 miles from me in Lesmahagow... I'm tempted to go down and check it out.  Is Witcher 3 and Luigi's Mansion both included?

I got Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Bros Deluxe, but only because it was the only other game available I hadn't played. I've stuck it in trading if anyone wants to swap me for Donkey Kong, Splatoon or Yoshi.

3 hours ago, cohen205 said:

I can confirm the Tesco 2 for £60 deal works.

Picked up Luigi's Mansion and Mariokart 8 Deluxe, and ran out like i'd robbed them blind.

Ive just picked up NSMBU:D and Yoshi... the latter was a slightly begrudging purchase as I had all the others, Luigi having just been bought 2 days ago, so that’s a bit of a pity. Might try and flog it. 

25 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Can you guys post a link to this Tesco offer? When I look on the website only Splatoon and MK8 are even on the store.

Or is it in-store only?

Pretty much in-store only. People are having trouble even buying Splatoon 2 and MK8 online. Won’t check out.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Pretty much in-store only. People are having trouble even buying Splatoon 2 and MK8 online. Won’t check out.

Thanks! That’s annoying I was in a Tesco Extra this morning. 

My Switch seems to be buggered. I was playing a few demos with my daughter the other day, and the Monster Boy demo froze on a white screen after the intro video. The Switch wouldn’t respond to any button presses, so I held down the power for 12s to turn it off.

Now, whenever I start any game, physical or digital, it shows the loading screen then says “The software was closed because an error occurred.”

I’m not using an SD card, have plenty of storage space left. I’ve tried scanning games for corruption and removing/redownloading them, no joy. Starting games with other user profiles doesn’t fix it either. Tried deleting all my screenshots too :-(

A factory reset might do it, but a) I’d lose all my save data, and b) if the issue is dodgy flash in the Switch itself, then it may just hide the problem for a while.

I suspect I’ve got some OS level corruption, but there doesn’t seem to be any way to scan for that.

I could try a 7 day trial of online to back up my saves while I format, but it looks like Pokemon Let’s Go saves don’t support this, which is probably the one game my daughter cares about.

Bollocks. 

• Upvote 1

Had a bit of an episode with my switch too the other day I got a "corrupted data" message when playing Luigi's Mansion 3. It just immediately quit the game. Not sure what it was … I did have it installed on an old 32GB SD I'd grabbed from an old phone so perhaps the card wasn't up to spec (it was around 5 years old). Got a new SD card hopefully that will solve it. Anyone else had issues with corrupted data on SD cards? Luckily for those that don't know game saves are stored on the Switch itself although reading the above not sure how safe they are on there either :-/ I guess the switch memory is the same as that used on mobile phones.

Edit: After looking through this it appears the internal memory is on  a pop off daughterboard so should be easy to replace if you  can find the part!

We’ve had the Switch in the Nookie household for about 6 weeks now and it really has been a fantastic addition. 
last night wife was out so when the kids were down I was making some pasta in the kitchen whilst playing Asphalt, also in the kitchen. Playing Asphalt. In the kitchen.  While making my dinner. 

And the joy  it’s bright my boys is incredible. Yoshi in particular. 
I think it’s the immediacy that’s the winner. Marginal load times - simple to switch between games - it’s a little marvel really. 

• Upvote 2

One of things I liked too, and one which persuaded me against going for some of those third party DIY coloured shells as presumably they still appear as their original colour.

Gave my daughter that Gamesradar booklet thing doing the rounds yesterday.

Got up this morning to find she’s counted all her savings out.

We are now a two Switch family.

• Upvote 8

Had a bit of windfall, waiting for Black Friday to get a switch or two. Then it’s the looooong wait to give them as Xmas presents. The boy wants to play LM3, or something.

Anyway, I’ll be going through this thread in the build up, so in case I run out of posses, I just want to thank you all for your enthusiasm, advice, recommendations, and dedication.

• Upvote 1

Picked up Luigi Mansion and Links Awakening from the Tesco deal but being put away for Xmas and birthday presents later in the year.

Can see me going back for more as it's payday on Tuesday.

Why can't Nintendo games be £30 all the time, I would buy about 3 times as many.

I also went to Tesco today to pick up some games. I was going to get Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion, as there was someone working on the department nearby I asked if they had stock and she looked it up for me, zero stock.  

She said that they had ONE COPY of Luigi's Mansion yesterday.  

Perhaps the whole plan is to get nerds in doing their weekly shop hoping to get some cheap games but they only stock one of each and don't list them online. 

If so... Well played Tesco, well played! 

It has been posted on HotUKDeals, after all. If there's any profiteering to be done, people there often cheerfully post that that is what they're doing.