Nintendo Switch

deKay

5 minutes ago, deKay said:

And they’re not one of the games (like Pokemon) that doesn’t.

Does is not, oh Christ I’ve just told my daughter she can continue her Switch Lite Pokemon save on the TV Switch :facepalm: at least we’re not paying £35 per year for the family subscription, oh wait :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, deKay said:

And they’re not one of the games (like Pokemon) that doesn’t.

Can you transfer them via any other process? My son is getting his own Switch for his birthday in a few weeks. He has already put lots of time into his Pokémon save.

It doesn't need to be cloud saves, just a one time transfer.

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Does is not, oh Christ I’ve just told my daughter she can continue her Switch Lite Pokemon save on the TV Switch :facepalm: at least we’re not paying £35 per year for the family subscription, oh wait :rolleyes:

Yep, because they think you'll use it to cheat.

Why any of us care if you want to cheat either way I've no idea.  It's one of the trends in gaming that fucks me off the most, make my experience shit because of other people doing things I don't give the slightest shit about.

6 hours ago, joffocakes said:

Yeah; cant speak for the retro-bit one (I remember they were making a Saturn pad with two analogue sticks too?) but 8bitdo makes a one called the M30 which has a terrific dpad for fighters.

Theres a couple of versions but this is the one which works on Switch:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/8BitDo-Bluetooth-Wireless-Gamepad-Nintendo/dp/B07MSN1NPC

these are great for shmups too, as are the saturn ones (although i don't have the switch compatible version).

We all know what an Amazon Fire stick or Apple TV is.

Along those lines what is the chance of Nintendo Switch based technology in a " gaming box " coming out, to plug direct into the telly?

( other than the old switch of course, duh)

Imagine a Nintendo Switch for the TV only that was about the size of the old Ouya console...

mario.jpg

23 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

Please Nintendo, just get it done! I'll even take a PowerA offering at this point.

Very clever guy, great video too. Funny, i never liked the Indigo but a great project/product all the same.

I think the only other football game of note on Switch is Legendary Eleven, but it's nothing special at all and feels quite rough around the edges. The main mechanic in it is the super shot - you build a power bar with each successful pass or trick, and when it's full you can blast the ball into the net when in range with the keeper and defence unable to do much about it. Subsequent goals take longer to fill the bar.

Not one to play if your eyesight is going though - the text is absolutely ridiculously small.

'Pends what kind of Mario you like and if you've played the 2d one on Wii before. I personally think NSMBwiiUDX is a more enjoyable experience cos I love 2d Mario and found Odyssey a bit all over the place and much less fun than other 3d Mario games and was nowhere near as good as Galaxy 1 or 2. 

Either way youll probably have a great time which ever Mario game you pick.

7 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

Please Nintendo, just get it done! I'll even take a PowerA offering at this point.

Why hasn't every controller since the GC had a primary 'A' button either centre placed or just slightly larger?  It's absolute common sense to me.