rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

7 minutes ago, Das said:

Will that entail frantically tapping the screen like some kind of impatient lunatic? Probably not one to play in public.

I loved that on Wii. But yeah: not one to play around the kids. MuthaFucka.

• Upvote 1

Are we finally getting a home port of House of the Dead that befits the majesty of the arcade original?

Or are we to suffer like G did?

Seems it’s being handled by the same team who are doing the Panzer Dragoon Switch port - let’s see how they get on with that first, it certainly looks the part. 

• Upvote 5

Random question (perhaps), but what’s the best way to preserve the battery in my Switch in the long term? I play in TV mode 80-90% of the time, but not sure whether I should fully power down the Switch after play, or keep it on sleep mode, in order to save wear on the internal battery.

The things that significantly affect the battery's lifespan are:

Temperature - keep it as cold as possible when not in use

Charge state - keep it at around 40% charge when not in use

Usage - don't use it, and don't fully charge or discharge it when you do

For things where the battery's permanently attached that limits your options. Li-ion battery chargers are reasonably smart these days so it's not like it's going to overcharge the battery or anything, and trickle charging it to keep it topped up is as safe as leaving it fully charged then unplugging it. If you actually fully discharge it now and then it helps the electronics estimate the state of charge accurately I think but that shouldn't affect its actual lifespan.

Honestly I think the only real technological measure anyone's come up with that helps these batteries last longer is Apple's thing on iOS 13 where it doesn't recharge the battery above 80% until it's about the time of day you unplug your phone.

55 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Honestly I think the only real technological measure anyone's come up with that helps these batteries last longer is Apple's thing on iOS 13 where it doesn't recharge the battery above 80% until it's about the time of day you unplug your phone.

Is this a thing? Because it would explain why my phone isn’t charging fully overnight now, much to my annoyance.

8 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Random question (perhaps), but what’s the best way to preserve the battery in my Switch in the long term? I play in TV mode 80-90% of the time, but not sure whether I should fully power down the Switch after play, or keep it on sleep mode, in order to save wear on the internal battery.

I'm not sure it's a thing that you could really influence to any notable / useful degree. I'm sure there have been a few dicky ones out there (pretty much down to the sheer volume of them as much as anything) but I'm not aware of any kind of known / set issue with them, and with the way they are either left docked, undocked, played for small bouts here and there, played exclusively docked / undocked, left to one side for a week or two to go flat I'm sure if there was one pattern of use that was detrimental to the battery it'd have become clear by now. Replacement batteries are only about £25 too and when they do invariably start to die through age (a battery thing) they'll likely just get cheaper :)

• Upvote 1

On 03/05/2019 at 00:16, deKay said:

Panty Party is available in a special edition which comes with a pair of actual knickers.

Mine came today.  Here's the box, with PlayAsia Panty Party sticker and keyring.

475926AE-D15B-4908-B3CC-73AD7F40559A.jpeg.cafaacdc8a9031cc29ac6bedb37727de.jpeg

And here are the contents.  Game, two sheets of stickers, certificate, knickers and CD of the game music.

5682143C-D244-47D3-A695-CB473267FFA1.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
  • Empathy 4

The new Azure Striker Gunvolt spin-off is up now I see. Really want it but want to play Azure Striker 2 first, and to do that I want the Gunvolt 1&2 pack, and was hoping they'd put that on sale today to promote the new one, but no. It's still £32.

23 minutes ago, deKay said:

The new Azure Striker Gunvolt spin-off is up now I see. Really want it but want to play Azure Striker 2 first, and to do that I want the Gunvolt 1&2 pack, and was hoping they'd put that on sale today to promote the new one, but no. It's still £32.

Don't think it's ever been on sale. Much to my chagrin.

3 hours ago, bum said:

Mine came today.  Here's the box, with PlayAsia Panty Party sticker and keyring.

475926AE-D15B-4908-B3CC-73AD7F40559A.jpeg.cafaacdc8a9031cc29ac6bedb37727de.jpeg

And here are the contents.  Game, two sheets of stickers, certificate, knickers and CD of the game music.

5682143C-D244-47D3-A695-CB473267FFA1.jpeg

User name DEFINITELY checks out..

• Upvote 2

Very cool. A special edition of a videogame plastered with infantilised sexy girls and grubby pink underwear merch. Stick the little panties stickers around your office desk, bum! :quote:

28 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

Very cool. A special edition of a videogame plastered with infantilised sexy girls and grubby pink underwear merch. Stick the little panties stickers around your office desk, bum! :quote:

You know the game really isn't what you think it is, don't you?

30 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

. Stick the little panties stickers around your office desk, bum! :quote:

Maybe on my last day there.

That 8bitdo pad is brilliant.

1) Super flat and super portable to chuck into a carry case or pocket. Excellent for 2 player or OG tabletop mode.

2) Separate D-Buttons and right DPad makes it excellent for Tetris 99 - better than playing on the Switch Lite.

3) Has pretty much the same setup as the official Nintendo SNES Switch Pad if you don't look at the bottom half except this pad has Home and Screenshot buttons.

Only issue might be ergonomics, but otherwise, I am totally thinking of getting this.

• Upvote 1

I was wondering if you could play 2-player games on it with one player holding each end.

It’s also a fun speculation about what we’d be using if analogue sticks were never invented. Dual d-pad FPSes.