rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

6 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Just played some Super Metroid on my lunch. 

Oh and I've never ever played Link To The Past... am I in for a treat?!?

I still consider it my favourite game of all time. It's very good.

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Just played some Super Metroid on my lunch. 

Oh and I've never ever played Link To The Past... am I in for a treat?!?

Until BotW came along it was the best Zelda game. It's a stone cold classic, one of the greatest video games ever made.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Pavey said:

Absolutely. Cue the onslaught of SNES mini's in the trading folder.

FWIW, I’ve got a Super Famicom plugged into my living room TV, and a decent game collection, and still keeping my Super NES Mini. It’s got seven games on it that have become prohibitively expensive on the secondary market (at least for the North American, English language versions), and it’s a cool thing to show people, rather more portable than lugging round a Super Famicom, Frame Meister and stack of cartridges. :) 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

I still consider it my favourite game of all time. It's very good.

Did you play either of the Metroid 2 remakes, the fan one or the official one?

9 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Did you play either of the Metroid 2 remakes, the fan one or the official one?

Oh! I was referring to LttP but yes, I played AM2 and it was excellent. I need to play Samus Returns sometime.

I’ve had my house completely renovated over the past two years and have completely lost my Switch dock. :facepalm:

Can you get these separately to the console?

My bloody SNES mini has gone walkies too. :angry:

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Quick Google says the only way to use the SNES classic controllers is to get the 8bitdo wireless adapter and plug the controller into a Wii remote, which then connects to the adapter. You can only do this in docked mode because the adapter is usb. Long and short buy a SNES controller when Nintendo release them :p

Wait...what? Just get their GBros. Wireless Adapter for Switch which will also make them wireless OR you can connect a Gamecube controller for an added bonus!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/8Bitdo-Wireless-Nintendo-GameCube-Controllers/dp/B07JLF9PVG

Or do what I did and get their DIY kits to change them into Bluetooth controllers:

https://shop.8bitdo.com/products/mod-kit-for-snes-classic-controller

43 minutes ago, scottcr said:

Are these SNES controllers wireless?

Can you see the charging socket in the picture?

If you've got one of the 8bitdo controllers (I've got the original SNES one with no sticks, looks almost exactly like the original SNES controller) then they've added support for the suspend menu in a later firmware. I can get the suspend menu in  NES and SNES games by pressing Start + Select + Y + B. And with Down + Select for the Home menu it's all good.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Spiceymike said:

Wait...what? Just get their GBros. Wireless Adapter for Switch which will also make them wireless OR you can connect a Gamecube controller for an added bonus!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/8Bitdo-Wireless-Nintendo-GameCube-Controllers/dp/B07JLF9PVG

Or do what I did and get their DIY kits to change them into Bluetooth controllers:

https://shop.8bitdo.com/products/mod-kit-for-snes-classic-controller

That second one is probably going to be about the same price as buying the new ones off the Nintendo Store and it's much less faff :P I'd not seen the first one, that looks pretty rad.

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah they'll be £31ish after postage. I was gonna still buy one, except that thing @Spiceymike linked up the page looks fucking perfect and is nearly £15 less.

I think I'll get one or more of those G Bros thingies. I already have three SNES controllers and maybe my Wii controllers will work too.

EDIT: Never mind

Those wireless SNES controllers should be usable for any other Switch game that doesn't need analogue sticks right?

If so, that means you could use them for the Retro-themed games like Shovel Knight, Sonic Mania, Hollow Knight, etc, as well as any other game that can be played with a gamepad.

I've been showing the SNES games to my daughter who is five and she is absolutely enthralled by A Link To The Past. I don't think there's a better intro to any game ever, it's just perfect. The rain and lightning :wub:

• Upvote 9

20 minutes ago, Jarik said:

Those wireless SNES controllers should be usable for any other Switch game that doesn't need analogue sticks right?

If so, that means you could use them for the Retro-themed games like Shovel Knight, Sonic Mania, Hollow Knight, etc, as well as any other game that can be played with a gamepad.

Is this correct? I don't mind the price, so a good digital controller would be prefect for this sort of game.

21 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Is this correct?

It says as much on the Nintendo site.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers are compatible with Nintendo Switch software titles that require only the directional buttons and A/B/X/Y/L/R Buttons

• Upvote 2