rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

42 minutes ago, sandman said:

Ok, so my Nintendo online is activated. I went through twitch and it was very odd. It said it was for 3 months then I would get 9 more later on and at the end asked me to confirm my credit card on the account so I have no idea what the heck is going on. 

Anyhoo, how do I download games?. I was just playing nes Zelda and as far as I could work out it was streaming the game.

Nah, stick it on flight mode and you'll still be able to play it.

13 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I have been out all day on a painful bike ride, I then had a modest amount of high quality booze at  Cloudwater on my way home. 

When I get in a bit later, will I be able to play SMW on my Switch. 

Please be honest. 

Have you homebrewed it? If not, no.

• Empathy 1

3 minutes ago, Benny said:

Just gave the Daemon Ex Machina demo a go. It's a bit shit.

I didn't like it much either. It seemed pretty inpenetrable too. Didn't give a very good first impression in the slightest once you get into the first mission. HAVE A WALL OF INSTRUCTIONS. Now go shoot some stuff with bad controls and no aim assist.

18 minutes ago, Colonel Panic said:

I use a Hori Joy-Con with a nice DPad, but it doesn't work standalone and there's no rumble.

I've seen people mod existing Joy-Cons to use a less crap D-Pad.

I didn't bother with a screen protector. I use an official Nintendo case.

Cheers - from my experience of playing Tetris 99 I was fine with the Joycons attached in handheld mode.

But in TV Mode I really notice the lack of a proper D-Pad more somehow. I don't think I'll be picking up the Pro controller as my solution.

1 minute ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Cheers - from my experience of playing Tetris 99 I was fine with the Joycons attached in handheld mode.

But in TV Mode I really notice the lack of a proper D-Pad more somehow. I don't think I'll be picking up the Pro controller as my solution.

Yeah, the Pro controller is great, but it's D-Pad isn't.  

Just now, AngryH said:

Do the SNES pads release tomorrow? 

I don't think they're specified a release date for the controllers. So maybe.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

I bought a Switch. Finally.

Bought it for Tetris 99 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore. And Dandy Dungeon. And Cadance of Hyrule. And Swery65 and SUDA 51 trips. And M2 ports. And vertical shmups. And Platinum Games.

Do I need a screen protector and whats a good carrying case? Any good D-Pads?

As someone who hasn't bought any Nintendo hardware since the Wii - I'm liking it a lot and it's very pleasant to navigate use and download things.

This man knows what's right!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

I bought a Switch. Finally.

Bought it for Tetris 99 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore. And Dandy Dungeon. And Cadance of Hyrule. And Swery65 and SUDA 51 trips. And M2 ports. And vertical shmups. And Platinum Games.

Do I need a screen protector and whats a good carrying case? Any good D-Pads?

As someone who hasn't bought any Nintendo hardware since the Wii - I'm liking it a lot and it's very pleasant to navigate use and download things.

Yes. Oh Jesus fuck yes.

• Upvote 3

I've had a glass screen protector on mine since launch. It feels much nicer than the normal screen, and protects it from the elements (i.e. the dock it comes with).

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Colonel Panic said:

I just put on Stunt Race FX for the first time in... Well, I got it at launch and rinsed it for 6 months. 

It's fucking terrible. 

I've never played Stunt Race FX, but I've just looked up a gameplay video on YouTube. It would have certainly blown my mind in 1993/4/whatever.

• Upvote 1

It was mid 94 when it was released. I remember getting it. Star fox was already out on the SNES. Virtua fighter, Ridge Racer, Doom, Daytona, X Wing. These were all out. Stunt Race FX looked terrible compared to all of them and played at about 3fps. I was gutted. 

I loved Stunt Race FX at the time. It had some fun extra modes too but I really wish they had a way to smooth the frame rate on these Super FX games, like the wee segment of Starfox they made for WarioWare.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

I loved Stunt Race FX at the time. It had some fun extra modes too but I really wish they had a way to smooth the frame rate on these Super FX games, like the wee segment of Starfox they made for WarioWare.

Yeah, I had fun with Stunt Race FX too. The cars had eyes FFS. Time definitely hasn't been kind to it, mind.

I'd love to see them resurrect it at some point.

PS - if anyone fancies some incredibly serious* online SMK Battle Mode 1v1s from tomorrow, hit me up.

*Not actually incredibly serious. Honest. Unless it's joffo.

• Upvote 1

I *think* Super Mario Kart was the first time I became aware that PAL region games were slower than their NTSC counterparts, via separate Records tables in a magazine (likely NMS). Hopefully some pals will hit Donut Plains with me.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Paulando said:

I've had a glass screen protector on mine since launch. It feels much nicer than the normal screen, and protects it from the elements (i.e. the dock it comes with).

Bah. I didn't want to bother with one. Thought devices were past this point now.

Which one? I'm guessing any of the glass ones will be fine.

I haven't bothered with a screen protector for mine and it's still unscathed. I just bundle it into a HORI case and chuck it in my backpack (sometimes with a loose headphone cable in with it :ph34r: ). 

I've not had an issue with my launch Switch either. I did tape some of the foam packaging that came with the Switch to the 'rails' on the dock after the internet shat the bed about scratching the screen via the dock, just to be safe, so all I really get these days are some occasional marks (which are easily wiped off) on the bezel thanks to aforementioned foam on said rails.

Thanks, internet. Thinternet.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, ryodi said:

?

I for one can't wait to stick a bit of licensed Nintendo tat between my legs and hump it like it's 2008.

• Upvote 1