rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Cheers for the info. What's your conclusion then, @deKay? I wonder whether they did the admin for the NES controllers shortly before NES Online games appeared, etc. 

From that link, you can see they did.

They’re definitely making Bluetooth SNES style controllers - most likely for the Switch but it could be for something else.

2 hours ago, deKay said:

From that link, you can see they did.

They’re definitely making Bluetooth SNES style controllers - most likely for the Switch but it could be for something else.

It's for switch as it has the HAC code to it.

Nintendo must know how many year-long NOS subs are due to expire soon, so I imagine we'll see the SNES games announced pretty soon..

We have had a Nintendo Direct in 6 of the last 7 Septembers so fingers crossed that happens and it's announced then.

The list of SNES games was leaked in one of the firmware updates wasn't it? It's a solid list (if true). The NES games haven't really been my thing. 

When I played Zelda BotW at launch I thought for the most part it was a great game undermined by it's awful story telling.  That huge world with so much to see but very little substance when you got there. It's was all very well finding shrines in hidden locations but with so many of them and nothing else but weapons that waste away far too quickly it had an air of being pointless. So I was felt pretty down on it all and didn't really like it.  Parts of a game for me can always do it down, I had the opposite problem with Witcher 3 for example where I loved the world and story but the combat left me cold. Still stop me from playing it for well over a 100 hours and buying a kick ass gaming rig at the time.

Fast forward a bit and I've gone back to BotW after picking up a collection of 4 hard back books by Dark Horse comics. Been working my way through the Hyrule Historia and BotW's Creating a Champion.  That book has something the game doesn't... loads and loads of character development! It's sets out loads of visual aids, talk about the character history more and goes on with lots of detail about Link, his past and all sort of gubbins the game should have (but doesn't!).  It's a bit of a beast, weighs a ton but it's a real joy to read with all sorts of interviews and sketches etc.  Put the whole game in a brand new light for me and having all this background stuff makes the brief comments in game actually have meaning.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Darren said:

If you buy a copy remember to be careful when you first open it. One of the spines on mine cracked and tore. You need to be a bit careful at first to wear it in, the others were fine after that.

• Upvote 1

From Nintendolife:

Psikyo Shooting Stars Alpha

STRIKERS 1945: A mysterious organization, CANY, tries to conquer the world by making use of overpowering weapons. Only Strikers can defeat them and restore peace.
STRIKERS 1945 II: The Strikers are still mobilized to repel a new threat, the FGR faction, which has huge robots!
STRIKERS 1945 III: A cloud of micro-robots aliens, the "Nanites", has infiltrated the military bases terrestrial. Strikers must use new ships and formidable weapons to repel the invader!
SOIL DIVIDE: Ifter, the Emperor of Evil, tries to metamorphose into a demon in order to conquer the world. It is up to three powerful heroes to stand against him and put an end to his vile designs.
Dragon Blaze: Four knights riding dragons are trying to defeat the King of Evil. How will this quest finish? On a triumph or a defeat?
ZERO GUNNER 2: The Zero Gunner squadron is mobilized to free the world from the grip of Igem, an evil conglomerate with a weapon of mass destruction: ONI.

Psikyo Shooting Stars Bravo

Samurai Aces Episode I: The shogun's daughter has been kidnapped by an evil sect. Six unlikely heroes have the mission to save her before she is sacrificed to resurrect a demon!
GUNBARICH: This is a spin-off of the "Gunbird" series. Gunbarich is a charming and colourful mix of brick breakers and shmup featuring Marion, the young witch, and Grutan, who handles the anchor like no other.
Samurai Aces Episode II: TENGAI: Shinrano, a militarist sect, captured the shogun's daughter in order to sacrifice her in the name of the demon they worship. Only a group of misfits is able to save them, but for that, they will have to rise to the occasion and become heroes!
Samurai Aces Episode III: SENGOKU CANNON: With this third opus, the series left for the first time arcades to venture directly on console, without forgetting the ingredients that made its legend.
GUNBIRD: What do a witch, a robot, an adventurer with a jet pack, a martial arts expert and a fighting monkey have in common? They are all looking for pieces of the magic mirror in order to fulfil their wishes!
GUNBIRD 2: Seven strange warriors have to face a challenge: recover the legendary potion from a God to fulfil their dearest wishes!

• Upvote 1

I’ve ordered one of the new Switch’s with the better battery from Scan as they the only place that has a date for them which is 23rd August, didn’t need it but the extra battery life will be useful for my honeymoon to the US in November.

2 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Why's no one talking about the Indie World Showcase?

When is it UK time?

Can't wait to pay way over the odds for indie games free on Psplus and games with gold/Gamepass.

• Upvote 2