Nintendo Switch

I think they're only digital, but if they were physical then they'd be patched in the same way any other physical game gets patched. All those releases relying on day one patches would be a bit screwed if the physical versions never got them. ;)

5 minutes ago, yakumo said:

How would that work, are the new Doom games only digital release?, because I'm not understanding how they could patch this on a physical release?.

Its the digital releases of Doom (1993), Doom 2 (1994) and Doom 3. Not the new Doom (2016) and Doom Eternal, if that's what you mean. The classic games don't have a physical release. 

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

Its the digital releases of Doom (1993), Doom 2 (1994) and Doom 3. Not the new Doom (2016) and Doom Eternal, if that's what you mean. The classic games don't have a physical release. 

Ah thank you, was hoping for a physical release really albeit I have that many copies of Doom do I need yet another version?.....

Yes i do.

1 hour ago, Popo said:

My 8bitdo Sega controller arrived today and the build quality is incredible - probably better than any controller Sega actually produced themselves. The dpad in particular is sublime - recommended!

Yup, have 2 but been meaning to grab a couple more (possibly white ones) they're that good!

9 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Is Doom 64 a new game or a remaster of OG Doom with better sprites etc?

It had exclusive levels that are regarded as some of the best in the series. Originally on the N64.

8 hours ago, NEG said:

It had exclusive levels that are regarded as some of the best in the series. Originally on the N64.

I've not played it, but I was under the impression it's entirely unique rather than just Doom with extra levels. All the information I've seen describes it as a full sequel to Doom II.

EDIT: I've just realised that that's probably what you meant anyway.:facepalm:

@Sarlaccfood Basically there's no reason not to play the original Doom again. Doom 64 is a different game entirely.

7 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I've not played it, but I was under the impression it's entirely unique rather than just Doom with extra levels. All the information I've seen describes it as a full sequel to Doom II.

This is accurate. Doom 64 is mental; so many people just assume it's some janky port. It's as if there was a Scorsese-directed masterpiece version of Godfather III that was only ever released on VHS but most people never saw it cause it had a similar cover to the shit version we're all familiar with.

12 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Is Doom 64 a new game or a remaster of OG Doom with better sprites etc?

It was complete new game for N64. It also had really disturbing crying baby sounds in the hell levels. Was great.

Aye, why not at the price. Never really played the first Doom 'properly' for whatever reason so started there and it's absolutely brilliant. The maps are fantastic (and some of them surprisingly big and complex). It's pretty flipping savage too.

Playing Cuphead last night I realised how awful the dpad is on the Switch Pro controller. Completely unplayable. Up/down being registered as diagonals etc. Apparently there's a simple fix for this in which you put a bit of sellotape over the initial bit of each contact. This reduces the sensitivity and therefore the frequency of incorrect inputs. Has anyone tried it?

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+Fix+D-Pad+Sensitivity/124493

I play most of my games with the pro pad and if they’re suited to the dpad with digital controls that’s what I use. It’s perfect for me. Most recently played Bloodstained entirely with it!

The Pro Controller Dpad is notoriously flakey, it's just that 99% if the time you don't notice. However when you have to do something like add an extra option like they did in Tetris 99 to compensate for the flaw you know you have a problem.

1 hour ago, Hylian said:

Playing Cuphead last night I realised how awful the dpad is on the Switch Pro controller. Completely unplayable. Up/down being registered as diagonals etc. Apparently there's a simple fix for this in which you put a bit of sellotape over the initial bit of each contact. This reduces the sensitivity and therefore the frequency of incorrect inputs. Has anyone tried it?

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+Fix+D-Pad+Sensitivity/124493

I've done it. Worked perfectly.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

I play most of my games with the pro pad and if they’re suited to the dpad with digital controls that’s what I use. It’s perfect for me. Most recently played Bloodstained entirely with it!

I've noticed it on Picross; handheld on joycons, I use the four buttons to put down lines of squares/crosses accurately. On the Pro dpad, every so often it'll throw a diagonal and **** up my game.

1 hour ago, Nequests said:

I've done it. Worked perfectly.

Did you just do this fix, or did you also do the additional thing of putting some tape in the centre? Apparently that raises the pivot point up, which also helps.

58 minutes ago, deKay said:

Surprised at this. Didn't realise Fire Emblem had the pull it does. Maybe the mobile game helped?

SnapShot_190729_092048.png.75f8b69c0cdbc32a93a8668b5d335d5b.png

It's also sold out at shopto.net, thegamecollection.net, base.com. Simplygames still has it but they've hiked the price! Thought Nintendo had undershipped it but maybe it's more popular than I thought.

I know digital sales aren't taken into account, so that might be part of the reason, but I expected Wolfenstein to have sold more. Not least because it's multi-platform.