rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Just now, rgraves said:

When they occasionally go on sale yes, but this allows you to buy *at launch* for those prices. Not many places are even selling physical 1st Party Nintendo releases for much under £40 at launch.

Well this is true but it’s not a great deal right now as they’re mostly old games.

Mostly. But you could use it right now to get Mario Maker 2 and the new Marvel game for example - both have an eShop RRP of £50 - so it's a £20 saving right there (£30 saving if you swap one of those for SSB or Zelda even). And they've already confirmed that Astral Chain and Fire Emblem are going to be on the list when they launch as well. Buying all 4 of those in this scheme (as an example) will save you £40 - so a 'free' game essentially. I've no doubt stuff like Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing will also be in there soon enough. They've not left anything out that I can see, so it's reasonable to assume everything new will be added going forwards.

Here's the currently included list - a lot of good titles in that list regardless of when they launched:

https://ec.nintendo.com/GB/en/pretickets/70020000000081

8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It's tempting to do it just to get Hyrule Warriors and BotW as digital then flog the physical copies privately.

Hyrule Warriors isn’t on the list - it’s the first one I looked for :(

1 hour ago, yakumo said:

Can't Sega please give us Jet Set Radio and Future please on the Switch. 

And Crazy Taxi, Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online.

and in a similar vein I’d gulp down hot pig shit for Power Stone on Switch.

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

That's gonna be a rights nightmare. Rightsmare.

Why, does MS have the rights to Future?

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

That's probably one, but the soundtrack will be the worst is guess.

I totally forgot that, I wouldn't mind so much if they did a Crazy Taxi and had some "inspired" tracks instead. The game is great and quickly been forgotten and lost as years past.

16 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

And Crazy Taxi, Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online.

and in a similar vein I’d gulp down hot pig shit for Power Stone on Switch.

Yeah Powerstone is a missed opportunity for Sega. Pretty much pre Smash Bros.

6 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Yeah Powerstone is a missed opportunity for Sega. Pretty much pre Smash Bros.

Even bigger missed op for Capcom.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

It's tempting to do it just to get Hyrule Warriors and BotW as digital then flog the physical copies privately.

There’s a major flaw in your plan.

Once you’ve done that you’d still have a copy of Hyrule Warriors.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, yakumo said:

Can't Sega please give us Jet Set Radio and Future please on the Switch. 

Sega might not, but Reicast has an Alpha out for the Switch now and JSR works ok from what I've read, not tried it yet myself, but Rez portable runs pretty nicely.

35 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Sega might not, but Reicast has an Alpha out for the Switch now and JSR works ok from what I've read, not tried it yet myself, but Rez portable runs pretty nicely.

Haven't CFW my Switch, seems too risky unless I'm mistaken.

However, I really do have an itching to play Future again.

14 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Haven't CFW my Switch, seems too risky unless I'm mistaken.

However, I really do have an itching to play Future again.

It is, if you ever plan on going online with it again, hence I have a machine for emulation and another for tetris 99 ;)
Am FTP'ing over JSR to it as I type, was trying to get it on the SD card via USB, but that's been a pain, fucking exFat and OSX :(

It’s also priced only slightly above the crap

versions of PS4 and Xbox but has the added amazingness of being both portable and home console. 

That portable only one is rumoured to be out soon, though. I predict it’ll be marginally cheaper and have one extra feature that’s not essential but will have middle aged men everywhere posting “DAMN YOU NINTENDO!” in faux rage as they re-buy something they already own. Maybe faceplates. 

• Upvote 1

Say someone had completely ignored the switch since launch, but was due to receive one at some point in the next week, what would your recommendations be for EXCLUSIVE stuff. 

I'm sure I'll get round to buying loads of indie stuff on the eshop, half of which I'll probably own already, but I'm really interested in the stuff I can't play anywhere else. 

Although tbh it'll probably be 99% a mobile Dark Souls device for the majority of its life...

2 minutes ago, Blunted said:

Say someone had completely ignored the switch since launch, but was due to receive one at some point in the next week, what would your recommendations be for EXCLUSIVE stuff. 

I'm sure I'll get round to buying loads of indie stuff on the eshop, half of which I'll probably own already, but I'm really interested in the stuff I can't play anywhere else. 

Although tbh it'll probably be 99% a mobile Dark Souls device for the majority of its life...

Zelda: Breathe of the Wild

Splatoon 2

Mario Cars 8 Deluxe

Mario Odyssey

Tetris 99 (free with online sub) 

I loved Xenoblade 2 and thought Mario and Rabbids was great too. 

Mario Maker 2 out soon and I'm looking forward to that. 

• Upvote 4