rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

I absolutely adored 1080 Snowboarding. I've tried pretty much most of the snowboarding games - SSX, Amped, Steep - and none of them are a patch on the original 1080. :wub:

I'll keep my eye on this one. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, mdn2 said:

I absolutely adored 1080 Snowboarding. I've tried pretty much most of the snowboarding games - SSX, Amped, Steep - and none of them are a patch on the original 1080. :wub:

I'll keep my eye on this one. 

Agreed. It never tried a RADICAL BRO aesthetic which was quite welcome at the time and probably means it’s aged better too.

Hmmm, might dig it out on WiiU this weekend (because god forbid I could play N64 games on switch)

• Upvote 1

Got this today.  Kunio Kun World Classics Collection.

11 Famicom and 7 NES games.  They are:

Nekketsu Koha Kunii-kun

Nekjetsu Street Basket: Ganbara Dunk Heroes

Kunio-kun Nekketsu Soccer League

Nekketsu Kakuto Densetsu

Bikkuri Nekketsu Shinkiroku Harukanaru Kin Medal

Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu: Subette Korinde Dairanto

Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zenin Shugo

Downtown Nekjetsu Koshinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundoukai

Nekketsu Koko Dodgeball Bu: Soccer Hen

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari

Nekketsu Koko Dodgeball Bu

Crash n the Boys Street Challenge

Renegade

Double Dragon

Super Dodge Ball

Double Dragon 2

River City Ranson

Double Dragon 3

The menus can be set to English, and the NES games are in English. However, the Famicom games play in Japanese, although the menu gives you a description of each game in English.

Most of the games allow you to choose original or quality up mode.

There is online play and a list of achievements to get.

All in all, a nice little package. 

C64DB8B7-2EB8-486A-A3EB-F74903C645F5.jpeg

• Upvote 8

So Rayark's new game, Cytus Alpha is released on the eshop next Thursday. They're the guys who did Voez and Deemo if you've not been paying attention. 

Over 200 songs, with a beautiful artstyle. It's getting a physical release in the US on May 14th, but no news of getting one over here. I'm trying to decide whether importing is the way to go or just downloading it from the eshop next week. 

• Upvote 1

A friend of mine had just bought a brand new Switch, and has asked to swap it for my launch model, which can apparently be hacked/jailbroken/whatever, something I have zero interest in.

Are there any downsides for me? Will I be able to transfer every save game to the new one with the transfer feature? I’m not bothered about downloading my games again.

To transfer your data you’ll need to update your console, presumably meaning it can’t be jail broken any more.

My sons Switch is a whisker under 6 months old - he only got it at Christmas but we bought it in October which is annoying - and the left joycon is knackered, drifting to the left. The calibration doesn’t fix it and googling seems to show it’s a common issue? We got it from John Lewis (online) and their solution is to either take it to a store and they will send it to Nintendo or get in touch with Nintendo directly myself and resolve it. My understanding is that JL should try to sort this out, yeah?

33 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

My sons Switch is a whisker under 6 months old - he only got it at Christmas but we bought it in October which is annoying - and the left joycon is knackered, drifting to the left. The calibration doesn’t fix it and googling seems to show it’s a common issue? We got it from John Lewis (online) and their solution is to either take it to a store and they will send it to Nintendo or get in touch with Nintendo directly myself and resolve it. My understanding is that JL should try to sort this out, yeah?

Yeah, it's within reasonable amount of time they repair or replace https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act#how-long-do-you-have-to-return-a-faulty-product

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Have you tried blowing away any dust? So far, it's worked for me and I didn't need a can of compressed air either. 

Some details:

https://www.imore.com/how-fix-controller-drift-your-joy-cons?amp

9 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

Have you tried blowing away any dust? So far, it's worked for me and I didn't need a can of compressed air either. 

Some details:

https://www.imore.com/how-fix-controller-drift-your-joy-cons?amp

Yeah, no joy unfortunately. It’s gone from no issues at all to ridiculous drifting which I find strange, rather than it being gradual I mean.

12 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Ta

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

Yeah, no joy unfortunately. It’s gone from no issues at all to ridiculous drifting which I find strange, rather than it being gradual I mean.

Ta

I think they are entitled to send it back to Nintendo though so they aren't technically in the wrong although you would expect customer service. 

2 hours ago, deKay said:

To transfer your data you’ll need to update your console, presumably meaning it can’t be jail broken any more.

Ah, it’s already on 8.0.0. Does that mean it can’t be jailbroken?

5 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Ah, it’s already on 8.0.0. Does that mean it can’t be jailbroken?

That depends, if it is able to run the RCM hack, then it doesn't matter what firmware, there is always that BootROM exploit, but newer units are not vulnerable to the full fusee gelee attack, and an exploit chain called Deja Vu is in the works for patched units, but that will only run up to 7.0.1, 8.0.0 patched them.

5 hours ago, Paulando said:

A friend of mine had just bought a brand new Switch, and has asked to swap it for my launch model, which can apparently be hacked/jailbroken/whatever, something I have zero interest in.

Are there any downsides for me? Will I be able to transfer every save game to the new one with the transfer feature? I’m not bothered about downloading my games again.

Launch unit has a better screen.

Are the Mario/Zelda/Pokemon Hori joycons that only work when connected to the screen any good? I was contemplating whether I should get those as an interim controller if I need to send one off to Nintendo but the lack of battery, wireless, everything else seems like a bit of a downer. The proper joycons are a fair chunk of cash though.

Man, a new 1080 would be ace. However I think the last one ruined loads of analogue sticks for me, yet I kept playing. In fact I stopped as I was so concentrating when playing it, that I was gritting my teeth and I got terrible jaw ache. 

• Empathy 1

9 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

That depends, if it is able to run the RCM hack, then it doesn't matter what firmware, there is always that BootROM exploit, but newer units are not vulnerable to the full fusee gelee attack, and an exploit chain called Deja Vu is in the works for patched units, but that will only run up to 7.0.1, 8.0.0 patched them.

What are these words...what language is this...where am I 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Are the Mario/Zelda/Pokemon Hori joycons that only work when connected to the screen any good? I was contemplating whether I should get those as an interim controller if I need to send one off to Nintendo but the lack of battery, wireless, everything else seems like a bit of a downer. The proper joycons are a fair chunk of cash though.

Yeah. I've the Zelda one and it's permanently on my switch. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Any reviews of the Switch version of MK11 yet? A fighting game is the one thing I'm missing on my switch at the moment (yes I have Smash). 

Not that I've seen but have you considered DBFZ, SF30th Anniversary Collection or BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle? 

7 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Not that I've seen but have you considered DBFZ, SF30th Anniversary Collection or BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle? 

I have considered most of those... But I do have a soft spot for MK. Dating back to when I convinced my parents to buy me MK2 for the snes for (I think) £60. 

• Upvote 1

OK cool, I'll be keeping an eye out because I love fighting games but can't remember playing MK since the first one in the arcade. I always assumed they were style over substance (maybe unfairly) but I've heard good things about X and the new one. 

Just now, Stanshall said:

OK cool, I'll be keeping an eye out because I love fighting games but can't remember playing MK since the first one in the arcade. I always assumed they were style over substance (maybe unfairly) but I've heard good things about X and the new one. 

I think that's a fair assumption...however the story mode is usually pretty good. Over the top nonsense but enjoyable nonsense. MK1 was definitely all style no substance. I played it at Arcade Club recently and it was pretty crap. 

• Upvote 1