rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

8 hours ago, Das said:

Cool. If you don't fancy diving in then I can do it for you for a small fee.

Thank you, I will let you know :) It won't be til payday either way as I'm skint till then! :lol:

20 hours ago, deKay said:

New GOTY contender incoming:

It took nearly 3 decades but Addams family pinball has finally been surpassed.

That has been out for a few months, or is it a sequel to this?

On 09/01/2019 at 18:14, bum said:

Pervy pinball arrived today.

696BA7FC-A0CB-42A6-AB7C-D21077811F7B.jpeg

30 minutes ago, bum said:

That has been out for a few months, or is it a sequel to this?

I am guessing it has not been released in Europe yet, and is getting released soon.

I recently got a switch and am loving it but the joycons are too small. I hear there's two new switch models coming out, any word on these? I just want bigger joycons, I like to use the switch in mobile mode, joycons connected, so a pro controller is not a great solution.

Also, I believe there's an eshop sale starting tomorrow on premium games, Zelda, Mario etc

@Max Damage Slightly pricey but I can enormously recommend the Satisfye grip which makes it feel almost like a Pro Controller in handheld. I went from playing 1% handheld to about 33% handheld because of this grip. I've owned several others none has really done the trick til the Satisfye. 

• Upvote 3

Started playing Zelda. After about 2 hours all im thinking is "is this supposedly the best game ever?" But im on the 4th hour and i think i may be warming to it. 

How do you get more hearts, i take it i have to just keeping completing shrines?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stanshall said:

@Max Damage Slightly pricey but I can enormously recommend the Satisfye grip which makes it feel almost like a Pro Controller in handheld. I went from playing 1% handheld to about 33% handheld because of this grip. I've owned several others none has really done the trick til the Satisfye. 

I really need a grip as i get cramp after 30 mins play and i will be mostly using it in handheld mode. I cant seem to find a decent priced (cheap) grip and cant find uk stock of the one you mentioned.

5 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

I really need a grip as i get cramp after 30 mins play and i will be mostly using it in handheld mode. I cant seem to find a decent priced (cheap) grip and cant find uk stock of the one you mentioned.

I ordered it from abroad, think I went direct to their website, actually. It came pretty quickly. For me, as I say, it's well worth it and having tried and discarded three other 'recommended' grips, I can honestly say this is the only one I'd recommend. 

• Upvote 3

Another recommendation for the Satisfye grip. Just cough up the beans and get it. 

It really does improve the handheld experience, and I now need to get me a good grip for my 3DS XL. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Started playing Zelda. After about 2 hours all im thinking is "is this supposedly the best game ever?" But im on the 4th hour and i think i may be warming to it. 

How do you get more hearts, i take it i have to just keeping completing shrines?

Yes you get a spirit orb for completing a shrine, once you have four you can upgrade your health or stamina by praying at a Goddess statue.

2 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

No it's not the best game ever. It's not even the best Zelda game ever. In fact, it's not even a proper Zelda game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10
  • Empathy 5

20 minutes ago, Das said:

No it's not the best game ever. It's not even the best Zelda game ever. In fact, it's not even a proper Zelda game.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Das said:

Guess its just consensus what makes a "best game". Like everything I guess. Just because a majority rate a game highly don't mean to say you have to like it! :)

Personally at times I can appreciate the technical innovation a game brings to the market... however not really that keen on the actual game itself. Just don't gel with me for whatever reason! GTA series is one like this... appreciate the tech but the gameplay leaves me cold. 

Zelda BOTW I have struggled with since I got it. That's because I enjoyed the iterations on the N64/Wii/GC. Didn't really like the 2D Zeldas. Not feeling it with the BOTW. For me a game must be fun and give me some entertainment. Not getting either with Zelda really. Still can't figure out why. Love the presentation visuals and sound are great. Love exploring about. But just can't be bothered to make any progress in it. Just play it for an hour or so and get bored. Just seems a bit repetitive. Go to a shrine build health. Attack monsters. Get weapons.. weapons break. Look for new weapons etc etc. Make food. Cook food. Again great technical details... but you know what? I cook in the real world and gather resources in the real world. :D When I play I want to escape from that!!! Spent in total probably around 6 hours on it so far. 

I think it will be sold shortly. 

• Upvote 1

Give it until the bit where you need to shoot disease off a dragons back while flying around a snowy capped mountain, gliding in the updrafts like a boss. Then recognise: BEST FUCKING GAME.

• Upvote 3

I think it probably is the best game ever. 

I find the opinion that the four dungeon's are "meh" to be both a stupid and shit one. 

I've played a lot of good games since I was a child, but this was one a pure elation. Complete child-like joy exploring this new Hyrule. 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I think it probably is the best game ever. 

I find the opinion that the four dungeon's are "meh" to be both a stupid and shit one. 

I've played a lot of good games since I was a child, but this was one a pure elation. Complete child-like joy exploring this new Hyrule. 

im not having that feeling. Yet. 

People talk about the exploration and the adventure. But all im finding is a land full of fuck all so far. 

Next week i will probably be back declaring it the best thing ever. :)

• Upvote 3

People are very quick to defend BOTW as the best game ever, and there is a reason for this.....

........It actually is the best game ever !

• Upvote 9

11 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

People talk about the exploration and the adventure. But all im finding is a land full of fuck all so far. 

:D 

I really like BOTW, don't get me wrong. But it's not a game really is it? It's a massive world that you prance around, some weird shit happens and then it's over after a few hours. And then, if you have OCD and too much time on your hands, you can play it for another 1000000 hours collecting stuff. So it's basically Pokémon.

13 minutes ago, Das said:

I really like BOTW, don't get me wrong. But it's not a game really is it? It's a massive world that you prance around, some weird shit happens and then it's over after a few hours. And then, if you have OCD and too much time on your hands, you can play it for another 1000000 hours collecting stuff. So it's basically Pokémon.

Have to agree. Think the element I miss is the storytelling part of the older games... sure it might feel a bit linear... but I actually enjoy working though them contributing to the story unfolding. With this its almost like you make your own story. Approach things how you want to. So far everything just feels a bit well bland. I'll keep it for a while longer and see how I get on... 6 hours is not long....

3 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

That half inch gap above the BOTW box is a fucking travesty. Stuff it with something, quick.

Yeah, fuck's sake man, get yourself a little Zelda eraser or something. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

That half inch gap above the BOTW box is a fucking travesty. Stuff it with something, quick.

That gap is there for a reason. None of the other titles wanted to be associated with BOTW. 

It's not that bad really. It's just not a Zelda game.

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, Das said:

It's not that bad really. It's just not a Zelda game.

Oh my days. To think I respected you. You bloody loon.

• Upvote 1