IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

Anyone know when Virtua Racing is coming?

I can only hope Sega speed it up and start releasing the model 2 stuff and keep their promise to release previously unreleased stuff.

Right now, they’re releasing all their shovelware.

Lets get to the good shit before the generation is over.

2 hours ago, Sane said:

I played it on the megadrive I think, was that the same as the arcade game? And is this remaster the same with better graphics or more a remake? 

The MD version was different, I think. Played basically the same but with original levels.

I'm pretty sure this new one is just the arcade game with fresh graphics.

4 hours ago, Sane said:

I played it on the megadrive I think, was that the same as the arcade game? And is this remaster the same with better graphics or more a remake? 

The MD version was very different. Much more about the platforming.

1 hour ago, probotector said:

£10 for virtual racing is a bit dear, is it any good? 

might wait for the sale.

It’s not £10 and it’s not “virtual” racing.

53 minutes ago, probotector said:

It's 999yen so pretty much £10, blame auto correct on the virtual!

UK version won’t be £10 though. All the Ages games are 7 or 8 quid.

30 minutes ago, probotector said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. 

They need to hurry up and get to Daytona 2, Scud Racer and all those glorious arcade games very few people got to play,

Just the first Daytona and original Sega Rally will do nicely to be getting along with, had a little play around on Virtua Racing last night, first time ever playing it properly, only ever tried the MD version before and wsn't a fan, I can safely say this version is great :)

Must admit the video has tempted me to grab Outrun, although I’m content to wait for the western release of Virtua Racing. 

I think this series really should focus more on arcade titles - an arcade perfect Sega Rally would be wonderful and Scud Race, which never had a home port, would be great too. House of the Dead? The Saturn port was utterly abysmal, but I’m not sure if the Joy Cons are capable of supporting light gun games without some kind of Wii-style detection bar. 

I can understand the business rationale of starting with a highly recognisable title, but kicking off with Sonic as the first release really got this series off on the wrong foot. With the relative power of the Switch it’s time companies like Sega stopped re-releasing the same old usual suspects from the 8 and 16 bit eras. 

10 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Is Outrun the arcade version or the Mega Drive version?

All Sega Ages titles have been Arcade where possible (including Puyo and Gain Ground). Sonic 1 even has it's arcade version selectable (no marble/laby zones). Not mentioned in the video but Alex Kidd also has it's FM soundtrack as an option. Out Run does have the MD tune selectable on the radio (as well as the 3DS exclusive tune and a megamix of the main 3 themes is selectable which is awesome).

22 minutes ago, Popo said:

I can understand the business rationale of starting with a highly recognisable title, but kicking off with Sonic as the first release really got this series off on the wrong foot. With the relative power of the Switch it’s time companies like Sega stopped re-releasing the same old usual suspects from the 8 and 16 bit eras. 

At the time Sega Ages Sonic 1 releasing shortly before the announcement of Mega Drive Collection coming to Switch made it look even more off-putting to begin with. Even if the Sega Ages version is better (and it is), that's just not logical business practice to release them so close together. :wacko:

Diversifying has certainly made the titles look more interesting after that, though. Just wish it was faster. SNK's work with Hamster released things on a near weekly basis. I've no idea how 'perfect' the SNK stuff is compared to the original Neo Geo hardware, but the sheer wealth of Neo Geo is awesome. SEGA could be the same.

Apparently Virtua Racing is a ground up rebuild not a port as sega lost the source code but found it by the time development was nearly over.

I can only imagine what else those idiots have lost during the dark period. Their vaults must be like something out of Bladerunner.

I can only imagine what else is lost