Nintendo Switch

deKay

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Still 3 million short of their projections mind, I reckon they'll easily do 20m in the next year though.

Indeed. Although they were probably a bit ambitious. Personally think the Switch is a touch expensive... if they could get it down to say between £229 and £249 it would sell better IMHO. Guess that's why the new versions are coming along...

24 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

So have the leaks/rumours said this smaller one will have a smaller screen or will it just be a smaller form factor?

I would imagine it would be slightly smaller screen, otherwise whats the point?

Also, Nintendo say it's not happening. But i really do think if a smaller/cheaper switch is coming it would be before pokemon releases.

3 hours ago, MattyP said:

Indeed. Although they were probably a bit ambitious. Personally think the Switch is a touch expensive... if they could get it down to say between £229 and £249 it would sell better IMHO. Guess that's why the new versions are coming along...

Yes I imagine so, Pokemon Editions of those and we'll have to dig the prints money gif out :

3 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

I would imagine it would be slightly smaller screen, otherwise whats the point?

Also, Nintendo say it's not happening. But i really do think if a smaller/cheaper switch is coming it would be before pokemon releases.

Actually, all they said was they have no new hardware to announce at E3. Didn't say anything about after then...

6 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

So have the leaks/rumours said this smaller one will have a smaller screen or will it just be a smaller form factor?

Part of me wouldn't be surprised if they remove the touch part of the screen - it's purely optional for the handheld factor and obviously is redundant when docked anyway.

We have to remember that Switch hasn't had its price cut yet.

The real deal starts when the 2 revisions arrive! Switch needs to cover for Nintendo's Home and Portable business and right now its performing like 1 very good platform compared to 2 in the Wii and DS eras!

5 hours ago, bum said:

I don't think the success of the Wii and DS days will ever be back.  No company will move that much hardware again.

Don't know the PS4 is currently hovering at ~95m which isn't that far off Wii's 101m mark!

Problem with Switch is that it breaks the £200 barrier. Typically Nintendo boxes have been sub £200. Granted the Switch offers a fair bit for the money and essentially combines two consoles into one. However it does restrict the choice a bit. If I was offered a choice between a home and portable console I'd probably take the home console as I hardly play in portable mode. It is what it is though. 

It will be interesting to see what these two machines turn out to be. A more powerful home focussed console sans screen and dock with a pro controller bundled instead of joycons would suit me down to the ground....

18 minutes ago, bum said:

Yeah, so the PS4 is not going to come close to the combined home and portable sales of Nintendo's best period.

Not combined no... But thought we were talking sales of a single unit/model type?! Not really comparable really is it taking two units and adding the sales of them together? Just saying the PS4 isn't far off the Wii. 

Be interesting to see how the Switch does long term as it combines essentially two machines from Nintendo so after the DS line eventually gets retired it will be Nintendos only revenue stream.

Sure they'll continue to be hugely successful though. :) They make great games that people of all ages want to play.

2 hours ago, MattyP said:

Be interesting to see how the Switch does long term as it combines essentially two machines from Nintendo so after the DS line eventually gets retired it will be Nintendos only revenue stream.

Nintendo made $400m from mobile games last year.

2 hours ago, MattyP said:

Not combined no... But thought we were talking sales of a single unit/model type?! Not really comparable really is it taking two units and adding the sales of them together? Just saying the PS4 isn't far off the Wii. 

Sure they'll continue to be hugely successful though. :) They make great games that people of all ages want to play.

Mobile will increase its presence.

9 hours ago, deKay said:

Nintendo made $400m from mobile games last year.

I barely play it because I'm shit, but I bought Mario Run because I wanted them to bring their games to Android.

Signed up yesterday for the MK beta.

I think the consensus is the Hori case, but me personally I like the Nintendo official case - it doesn’t have space for the bumpers, not really, but it does come with a screen protector and a makeshift stand for the Switch itself. Good value, case + screen protector!

On 26/04/2019 at 00:55, RastanSaga said:

Hi guys...

Heads up...I can see that Amazon are selling Toki for £24.99 (£10 under rrp)

I'm not with a switch yet, but, this is in the first few games I intend to buy when I get the console.

It's on sale on the eshop for less than that. Is the game any good then? I vaguely remember enjoying the original.

38 minutes ago, Sane said:

It's on sale on the eshop for less than that. Is the game any good then? I vaguely remember enjoying the original.

The switch seems to be the only console where some physical versions cost more than the digital at launch. It's the same with Dragon's Dogma.

8 hours ago, Popo said:

I think the consensus is the Hori case, but me personally I like the Nintendo official case - it doesn’t have space for the bumpers, not really, but it does come with a screen protector and a makeshift stand for the Switch itself. Good value, case + screen protector!

I agree with this. Used mine since launch. Take it to work every day and this case has been fine. Also I rarely take the bumpers anywhere as after the first few months the novelty wears off.

3 hours ago, Sane said:

If you enjoy arcade games of the mid to late 80's...this is a treat.

I can only say this without playing this remaster though.

I enjoyed Toki as an arcade game.

It will play with trial and error and memorization as you progress.

Like I said, I'd love this as I enjoyed the arcade original.

It won't be for everyone though.....