IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

11 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Being short is quite a positive to me. Although I accept I am in the minority in that one. 

Oh sure, but in the reviews it’s reported as a negative.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

All the Steamworld games are relatively short though, aren't they? I haven't finished heist yet but I'm.only 3 hours into it.

Heist is fantastic - it's only too short as I wanted to keep on playing!

Really looking forward to SQ; only a couple of days to go! 

And Picross S3 is out on the same day, so Nintendo will do well out of me this week.

14 hours ago, deKay said:

Steamworld Quest getting decent reviews:

Destructoid 8/10

IGN 8.6/10

Nintendolife 8/10

USGamer 4/5

Main negative seems to be it’s too short. I&F suggest it’s 20 hours, but Kotaku (also a positive review) say its 10.

It's 15-20 hours, depending on how soon you switch to fast forward mode in combat. Either way, it doesn't feel short. Too long, if anything. The main negative should be that it's very repetitive.

Edit: Just reading the Kotaku review - I suppose 10 hours might be possible, if you FF everything from early on, but I doubt most people would do that.

15 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Is this over email? Just quote 'sales of goods act' and paste the relevant bit into the email and they should  be entirely compliant in replacing it. Although their customer service, as has been mentioned, is fucking terrible at best of times so it might not get you anywhere :/

Consumer Rights Act these days I think. Sales of goods act ended a few years ago and CRA replaced it. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-24-cheaper-nintendo-switch-model-to-launch-by-end-of-june-report

The cheaper switch may be out at the end of June. A nice E3 reveal with Animal Crossing and another Pokemon will help. 

If I was to get another Switch, would I be able to have my Nintendo account on both and access the games I've already purchased digitally? 

Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered - Nintendo Switch™ Features:
- Choice between Performance and Quality Mode
- Fully reworked graphics – heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding, for example, specular maps
- Improved shadow rendering
- Improved lighting
- Reworked shaders and postprocessing
- Optional Motion Controls for a better sense of aiming while playing in handheld mode

3 hours ago, MidWalian said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-24-cheaper-nintendo-switch-model-to-launch-by-end-of-june-report

The cheaper switch may be out at the end of June. A nice E3 reveal with Animal Crossing and another Pokemon will help. 

If I was to get another Switch, would I be able to have my Nintendo account on both and access the games I've already purchased digitally? 

a Nintendo spokesperson stated: "We have made no announcements and we do not comment on rumour and speculation."

8 minutes ago, bum said:

According to resetera, Virtua Racing is now out on the JP e-shop.

To be purchased the minute I get home..

yes for 999 Yen. i'm trying to get a decent priced Japanese eShop card. Play Asia are about £10.50 which is a bit pricey.

1 minute ago, Darhkwing said:

Apologizes if already posted... BUT Virtual Racing has 8 player split screen local :lol:

jpg

Crikey... and it works in handheld mode right? Does it have a magnifying glass as a pack in on the physical version?! :D 

4 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Its doing great... Think it'll probably be N's best selling console behind the Wii... not sure if it will pip the Wii but its only been out what 2 years so far.

49.1m to beat the SNES is the next target.