rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Anyone else playing Saboteur! at all? I’m in the cave and need an ID card but can’t find it. Watched a walkthrough video to that point and the place where it should be - in the pool table pocket - it isn’t.

19 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Is there anyway to turn the vibration down instead of just off? It’s so bloody loud.

Can often do it in game but it depends on the particular game. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Is there anyway to turn the vibration down instead of just off? It’s so bloody loud.

The 'HD vibration' is fucking awful in most games I've played and only serves to disturb anyone nearby rather than, you know, actually vibrate the console. I ended up just turning it off outright.

• Upvote 3

Not sure if it’s even considered HD Rumble in FFIX but that amounts to a monotonous vibration accompanied by the noise of an electric shaver.

HD Rumble only really works with detached Joy-cons and is rarely calibrated for handheld play where it rocks the Switch like a hurricane.

Hi folks, 

Looking at picking up one of the following:

Wargroove

Moonlighter

Battle Chasers

Mana Spark

Don't want any massive epics. Which would you recommend or have any other recommendations? 

40 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Happy Mar10 Day! 

Yes, I'm sad. 

Double gold points going on Mario games today on the eShop to mark the occasion. It’s fucking mental in there, some punters are already drunk.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

Saboteur did move items around based on the difficulty, so no doubt that's replicated in the port.

Yeah, I'd forgotten. This is in the new bit of the game though so hadn't considered it did the same there!

16 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Can often do it in game but it depends on the particular game. 

Thanks this has worked a treat for Dark Souls. Passed the sleeping baby test and everything. 

Not sure if @Nathan Wind and @DC Lemon have tried it but worth a look. 

• Upvote 1

If anyone wants a super chill farming game that's more along the lines of Farmville than Stardew Valley then give Farm Together a go. It supports full online play as well.

There's no delving into dungeons for ore. No talking to townsfolk. No energy. Forget to water your crops? The game doesn't care. Time still passes while you're not playing. I think it was probably originally intended to be F2P with IAPs (It has all the signs) but at some point during development all that was stripped out and it became a lovely, chill regular game. They seem to make their money selling dlc.  I've spent ages on it the last 10 days.

If you play then choose a flat map (Ignore that it says it's hard mode. You won't notice). The flat map gives you much creative potential. The other maps have lots of bits of scenery you can't landscape which severely restricts what you can do.

D1TfUf7VsAAz1Oj.jpg:large

• Upvote 4

Completed Saboteur!. That was great. If you're a fan of the original you need to get it. It's also MUCH bigger than the original - there's a new hour long section after the original five minute game.

2 hours ago, Flub said:

If anyone wants a super chill farming game that's more along the lines of Farmville than Stardew Valley then give Farm Together a go. It supports full online play as well.

There's no delving into dungeons for ore. No talking to townsfolk. No energy. Forget to water your crops? The game doesn't care. Time still passes while you're not playing. I think it was probably originally intended to be F2P with IAPs (It has all the signs) but at some point during development all that was stripped out and it became a lovely, chill regular game. They seem to make their money selling dlc.  I've spent ages on it the last 10 days.

If you play then choose a flat map (Ignore that it says it's hard mode. You won't notice). The flat map gives you much creative potential. The other maps have lots of bits of scenery you can't landscape which severely restricts what you can do.

D1TfUf7VsAAz1Oj.jpg:large

Picking up a 2nd switch later this year (Pokemon), as daft as this sounds, if you have the same profile on two switches. Can both play at the same time?

There is a way to share games from the same account on different systems, but I think one of them has to be offline if you want to play simultaneously. Probably not ideal.

53 minutes ago, Pixelbark said:

Picking up a 2nd switch later this year (Pokemon), as daft as this sounds, if you have the same profile on two switches. Can both play at the same time?

I honestly have zero idea how profiles work on Switches. I believe it's some sort of black magic.

So, I treated myself to a Pokemon switch yesterday (secondhand, £240 off a mate). What to do with my old one? I could sell it on here, or gumtree, but I looked at CEX and they give about £100 trade in for the nunchucks and base unit. I was thinking maybe I could keep the old screen as a spare in case anything happens to my new one.

Crazy idea which will mean I'm a bit worse off  or sensible option? What do you guys think?

16 hours ago, memories said:

I got 2 of these from aliexpress for that price. I'm pretty happy with them. Seem to do everything except NFC. They feel like a lighter, slightly flimsier Xbox One pad.  

• Upvote 1

Almost certain I saw @utopastac on the Victoria line this morning playing Switch, although I had no idea what game it was (looked kinda dark and medieval). Anyway, if it wasn't you then you have a doppelgänger running about North London.

At the moment I am: working out what the hell is supposed to be happening in Undertale, getting drunk and rolling the fuck out of shit in Katamari, losing to everyone in the world at Tetris 99, cleaning up the final few boss rushes in Hollow Knight, finishing the time attack challenges in Captain Toad, and playing through New Super Mario in Luigi mode. Awesome.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, sandman said:

So, I treated myself to a Pokemon switch yesterday (secondhand, £240 off a mate). What to do with my old one? I could sell it on here, or gumtree, but I looked at CEX and they give about £100 trade in for the nunchucks and base unit. I was thinking maybe I could keep the old screen as a spare in case anything happens to my new one.

Crazy idea which will mean I'm a bit worse off  or sensible option? What do you guys think?

Hack it and make it into the best portable emulator machine for SNES, N64, Megadrive, GBA etc!

I got an 8bit do wireless adapter over the weekend. Loving using a PS4 pad for Tetris 99.

Would be nice if i could use a xbox one pad with it mind and be able to pair more than one device. I want to pair the wiimote + snes controller when SMM2 is out.

5 hours ago, jonbd said:

I got 2 of these from aliexpress for that price. I'm pretty happy with them. Seem to do everything except NFC. They feel like a lighter, slightly flimsier Xbox One pad.  

Found this, is this the seller you used?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Eastvita-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Wireless-Pro-Game-pad-Joystick-Remote-Controller-for-Nintend-Switch-Console-Gamepads-Joystick/32879632627.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_6_10065_10068_10130_10547_319_317_10548_10696_10192_10190_453_10084_454_10083_10618_10307_10820_10301_10821_10303_537_536_10902_10059_10884_10887_321_322_10103,searchweb201603_58,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=68481bca-0996-4d50-9008-64ab4254cb82-36&algo_pvid=68481bca-0996-4d50-9008-64ab4254cb82

It's been a long time since I have ordered anything from outside the uk, did you not get stung by customs?