Jump to content
IGNORED

Nintendo Switch


deKay
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Paulando said:

 

Ah, it’s already on 8.0.0. Does that mean it can’t be jailbroken?

That depends, if it is able to run the RCM hack, then it doesn't matter what firmware, there is always that BootROM exploit, but newer units are not vulnerable to the full fusee gelee attack, and an exploit chain called Deja Vu is in the works for patched units, but that will only run up to 7.0.1, 8.0.0 patched them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Paulando said:

A friend of mine had just bought a brand new Switch, and has asked to swap it for my launch model, which can apparently be hacked/jailbroken/whatever, something I have zero interest in.

 

Are there any downsides for me? Will I be able to transfer every save game to the new one with the transfer feature? I’m not bothered about downloading my games again.

 

Launch unit has a better screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are the Mario/Zelda/Pokemon Hori joycons that only work when connected to the screen any good? I was contemplating whether I should get those as an interim controller if I need to send one off to Nintendo but the lack of battery, wireless, everything else seems like a bit of a downer. The proper joycons are a fair chunk of cash though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, a new 1080 would be ace. However I think the last one ruined loads of analogue sticks for me, yet I kept playing. In fact I stopped as I was so concentrating when playing it, that I was gritting my teeth and I got terrible jaw ache. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

That depends, if it is able to run the RCM hack, then it doesn't matter what firmware, there is always that BootROM exploit, but newer units are not vulnerable to the full fusee gelee attack, and an exploit chain called Deja Vu is in the works for patched units, but that will only run up to 7.0.1, 8.0.0 patched them.

 

What are these words...what language is this...where am I 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Are the Mario/Zelda/Pokemon Hori joycons that only work when connected to the screen any good? I was contemplating whether I should get those as an interim controller if I need to send one off to Nintendo but the lack of battery, wireless, everything else seems like a bit of a downer. The proper joycons are a fair chunk of cash though.

Yeah. I've the Zelda one and it's permanently on my switch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Any reviews of the Switch version of MK11 yet? A fighting game is the one thing I'm missing on my switch at the moment (yes I have Smash). 

 

Not that I've seen but have you considered DBFZ, SF30th Anniversary Collection or BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

 

Not that I've seen but have you considered DBFZ, SF30th Anniversary Collection or BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle? 

I have considered most of those... But I do have a soft spot for MK. Dating back to when I convinced my parents to buy me MK2 for the snes for (I think) £60. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK cool, I'll be keeping an eye out because I love fighting games but can't remember playing MK since the first one in the arcade. I always assumed they were style over substance (maybe unfairly) but I've heard good things about X and the new one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stanshall said:

OK cool, I'll be keeping an eye out because I love fighting games but can't remember playing MK since the first one in the arcade. I always assumed they were style over substance (maybe unfairly) but I've heard good things about X and the new one. 

I think that's a fair assumption...however the story mode is usually pretty good. Over the top nonsense but enjoyable nonsense. MK1 was definitely all style no substance. I played it at Arcade Club recently and it was pretty crap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mortal Kombat X was a lot of fun, as was 9. They were huuuuge improvements over the older games in the series plus the presentation and solo content is unparalleled in the genre. MK11 looks to be greatly improved on all fronts, including the oft-criticised animations. Footage of the Switch version has looked pretty impressive so far too.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Mortal Kombat X was a lot of fun, as was 9. They were huuuuge improvements over the older games in the series plus the presentation and solo content is unparalleled in the genre. MK11 looks to be greatly improved on all fronts, including the oft-criticised animations. Footage of the Switch version has looked pretty impressive so far too.

 

 

Agree with this.. I rarely play multiplayer so a strong single player mode is what I'm looking for. Also I do quite enjoy seeing something ridiculous like a spine being ripped out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not into fighting games, but this still astonished me: according the latest The Computer Game Show podcast, Street Fighter V has sold like 2.5 million copies, whereas Mortal Kombat 10 sold around 10 million copies. I did not realise that MK was that big of a deal and would ever sell five times as much as SF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Street Fighter V sold pretty poorly for the series thanks to its bare bones launch (no arcade mode or real single player modes) and exclusivity to Playstation/PC. With MK11 Mortal Kombat will likely overtake SF to be the third biggest fighting game franchise, behind Smash Bros and Tekken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

 

Launch unit has a better screen.

 

I ended up swapping it this morning anyway. The whole process was very easy - it took 15 mins to transfer my account and all of my saves, now I just need to download my games again, which again is trivial with the ‘re-download’ menu.

 

The screen looks a little warmer on the new one.

 

7E84756D-DD9E-4082-8384-E9E516C8780E.thumb.jpeg.11d9141ed50d7dfe3c5a49866bc4a76e.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ann coulter said:

Dragon's Dogma unlocks in four hours. Anyone else staying up? :ph34r:

 

I didn’t stay up but did pick it up this morning. Really excited to get back in to this, tried to pick up my PC save a couple of months ago after having a chat about the things I used to do to pawns. Like sending them back in pretty dresses to their owners. :wub: But I just felt like I would need to restart to get to grips with what was going on and I couldn’t face deleting my save game. My pawn was so high ranked with billions of spends and people were still using her. Bowie lives on. And a new switch Bowie will be born after work. :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hah, John Lewis customer service replied to me saying no need to use their guarantee, just follow these steps:

 

https://m.imore.com/how-fix-controller-drift-your-joy-cons

 

Sure, I'll happily take the controllers apart for something less than 6 months old with a widely reported problem :rolleyes:

 

I’d already told them I had tried recalibrating and compressed air.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Hah, John Lewis customer service replied to me saying no need to use their guarantee, just follow these steps:

 

https://m.imore.com/how-fix-controller-drift-your-joy-cons

 

Sure, I'll happily take the controllers apart for something less than 6 months old with a widely reported problem :rolleyes:

 

I’d already told them I had tried recalibrating and compressed air.

 

Apparently they outsourced their CS a few years ago and since then they’ve been pretty poor. That’s got to be a new low. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Hah, John Lewis customer service replied to me saying no need to use their guarantee, just follow these steps:

 

https://m.imore.com/how-fix-controller-drift-your-joy-cons

 

Sure, I'll happily take the controllers apart for something less than 6 months old with a widely reported problem :rolleyes:

 

I’d already told them I had tried recalibrating and compressed air.

 

Is this over email? Just quote 'sales of goods act' and paste the relevant bit into the email and they should  be entirely compliant in replacing it. Although their customer service, as has been mentioned, is fucking terrible at best of times so it might not get you anywhere :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steamworld Quest getting decent reviews:

 

Destructoid 8/10

IGN 8.6/10

Nintendolife 8/10

USGamer 4/5

 

Main negative seems to be it’s too short. I&F suggest it’s 20 hours, but Kotaku (also a positive review) say its 10.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, deKay said:

Steamworld Quest getting decent reviews:

 

Destructoid 8/10

IGN 8.6/10

Nintendolife 8/10

USGamer 4/5

 

Main negative seems to be it’s too short. I&F suggest it’s 20 hours, but Kotaku (also a positive review) say its 10.

 

 

Being short is quite a positive to me. Although I accept I am in the minority in that one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.