IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

32 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

A slight on my imagination? What a douchebag comment. lol

Sorry im not as imaginative as you my lord ;). Just finding the dull empty world, horrible weapons system and aimless running around a bit boring.

Very sorry about that, I meant to write 'rather THAN a slight on your imagination'!

I've edited my original post. No offence intended at all. 

18 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Im gonna stick with it for another 5-10 hours after im done with Mario Odyseey (which is one of the best games i have ever played, cant believe how incredible it is) 

If it doesnt click then i will just have to accept its not for me. And play ALTTP to cleanse myself.:)

Try and follow the objectives.   Leave the random exploration till a little later I would say.  you might still find it's not for you which is fair enough.   As someone who thinks it's one of the best games ever it's frustrating to see people not get it but it happens.   :)

3 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Very sorry about that, I meant to write 'rather THAN a slight on your imagination'!

I've edited my original post. No offence intended at all. 

No worries buddy. I thought you were just being jokey. Im easy. :)

22 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Im gonna stick with it for another 5-10 hours after im done with Mario Odyseey (which is one of the best games i have ever played, cant believe how incredible it is) 

If it doesnt click then i will just have to accept its not for me. And play ALTTP to cleanse myself.:)

Where roughly are you up to? Have you started one of the divine beasts yet?

Just now, Mrs Horribleman said:

Where roughly are you up to? Have you started one of the divine beasts yet?

Not yet, been exploring the opening areas looking for shrines. Thought it might be wise to get a few hearts before i venture further. :)

5 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Not yet, been exploring the opening areas looking for shrines. Thought it might be wise to get a few hearts before i venture further. :)

Just crack on with it, you'll do plenty of side-track exploring still anyway. Just reaching each beast requires a wonderful journey.

No harm if it's not fun though, we're all different!

Spoiler

You nutjob

8 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

It's a strange experience. I don't normally go for this type of game, despite loving Zelda in general. I normally perfect a structure to my games but I just lost myself in BotW. I didn't turn it on to achieve anything yet so many random and fun things would happen. Finding stuff doesn't come with a 'plink', but a sense of wonder and appreciation at what the developers created. 

5 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Just crack on with it, you'll do plenty of side-track exploring still anyway. Just reaching each beast requires a wonderful journey.

No harm if it's not fun though, we're all different!

:) I'm also having difficulty getting engaged with this game... 

Just gone into a shrine near the village to practice swordsmanship with that robot... opened both chests got the bits out. Failed attacking the robot, sword broke. So now I have to find a new sword to try and complete that shrine. What is the easiest way to arm yourself again? Attack something/ buy something... Think its the seemingly constant scavenging around for weapons that I find a bit tedious... 

5 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Think its the seemingly constant scavenging around for weapons that I find a bit tedious... 

Oh man, that will change so fast - you'll have weapons coming out of your ears, and be deciding what to dump etc

Don't think of them as weapons in a traditional sense - it's more ammo. Use it up, on to the next. Don't save stuff, it's not Resident Evil. There's always more, better, around the corner.

3 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Its not so much the difficulty than the complete boredom thats making me not like it. 

I was going by your comments where you said you were finding it hard and asking how to make things easier, improve your health etc.

File under rumour, but with a chance of being true

z2wWqSn.png

This is the casing to the new, smaller switch. The rainbow shows what the colours will be.

Rumour specs are

- a little bit longer than PSV
- multiple colors
- no change in CPU
- GPU locked at 384MHz (current is 307 and 768 ?)
- no dock mode (of course)
- available to plug in the dock for charging
- likely to have same battery life

A size comparison picture between this and the current switch show it too be smaller in both height and length.

bebn1k0.png

The leak comes from china and could be from the case manufacturing plant. Interesting things to note...no kickstand, still venting prominant from the top as well so unlikely to be passively cooled. The increase in GPU clock is an odd one as that speed increase is reasonable and would make it slightly better than the standard switch, which makes you think that maybe a future firmware upgrade for standard switches will also be bumped (homebrew has shown that battery life is not significantly reduced with minor bumps to GPU speed)  Of course, as this is portable only the joycons do not detach. 

All in all, could be real, could be not.

Just now, The Mighty Ash said:

So it charges in the dock but can't display on the tv :lol:

well there could be some missing information from the translation. Maybe it comes with a special type of recharge dock like the ones used on the WiiU gamepad or something.

Just now, jimmbob said:

All the printing is back to front. They'll have to sort that out.

The idea of a Switch that doesn't, you know, Switch, seems weird. But there's bound to be a market for it. 

Well look at the 2ds. Took out the main gimmick of the 3ds and yet still sold well as a cheaper, kid friendly alternative. I think that is the kind of market they would go with for this.  

2 minutes ago, pulsemyne said:

Well look at the 2ds. Took out the main gimmick of the 3ds and yet still sold well as a cheaper, kid friendly alternative. I think that is the kind of market they would go with for this.  

Hard to see why they would take out the docking capability though.  It doesn't cost anything.

1 minute ago, JPickford said:

Hard to see why they would take out the docking capability though.  It doesn't cost anything.

The wall street journal leak suggested there would be two machines, one a portable only version (cheaper) and the other a Premium version (more expensive than the standard switch). I think that the cheaper one is going to be for kids and the premium for adults. Oh and as for the GPU speed increase I was wrong, the speed listed is the boost portable mode speed on a standard switch. So it's simply a smaller, cheaper switch with no changes to hardware. 

All I can think of is that the smaller one can only run at the slower speed (due to lack of space for a fan?) so docking isn't happening.  Although I don't see why they couldn't just have a 720p video out which just mirrored the undocked mode image.

15 minutes ago, JPickford said:

All I can think of is that the smaller one can only run at the slower speed (due to lack of space for a fan?) so docking isn't happening.  Although I don't see why they couldn't just have a 720p video out which just mirrored the undocked mode image.

There is still the venting holes at the top and back so active cooling is still being used. The switches fan is pretty small really. They may even use passive cooling if the chip has been shrunk as then it could run cooler.

5 hours ago, sharak said:

Hello I think I am going to get a switch.

What 3 games should I buy so I don't miss out and to get the ball rolling? Fav genres are schmups, platformers... maybe RPG... racing games...

Sonic Mania already purchased :)

If you like shmups Rolling Gunner is a must. You'll have to get it from the Japanese eshop, but it isn't too much hassle. 

2 hours ago, JPickford said:

It says no dock MODE. As in it doesn’t get boosted when it’s in the dock and will output the same 720p image as it does when portable.