IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

7 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Yeah, im offically done with Zelda. Jut not having any fun. Started playing Mario Odyssey...my god this is just fantastic, one of the best games i have played in years.

So im gonna trade in Zelda (can get £32 voucher in CEX) just wondering what to get instead im thinking:

Super Smash Brothers (never played a smash game, but im not a big fan of fighting games except SF2)

Mario Kart 8

Civilisation 

Mario Tennis.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

What would you guys recommend? Im gonna be playing single player.

Hollow Knight

Having bounced off Cuphead half a dozen times on XB, I decided to steamroll through my misgivings and learn how to play the bugger. I got about ten bosses in and I was absolutely loving it. Then I heard about the Switch port and I stopped but cannot wait for this. It's a very singularly demanding game - you play like they want you to play or you can fuck off, but if you do take it as a memory-based twitchy Contra boss rush, it's the best of its kind I've ever played, I reckon.

Anyone else stoked for it? 

4 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Having bounced off Cuphead half a dozen times on XB, I decided to steamroll through my misgivings and learn how to play the bugger. I got about ten bosses in and I was absolutely loving it. Then I heard about the Switch port and I stopped but cannot wait for this. It's a very singularly demanding game - you play like they want you to play or you can fuck off, but if you do take it as a memory-based twitchy Contra boss rush, it's the best of its kind I've ever played, I reckon.

Anyone else stoked for it? 

I might give it another go sometime. Not on my Switch though. And certainly not in handheld mode. The controllers are expensive to replace on the Switch as is the Switch itself. XBox it will be then.... :D 

Periodic reminder that the Banner Saga Trilogy is fantastic. Yes, I know it's available on plenty other platforms, but it's #PerfectForSwitch

I see people recommending Mario vs Rabbids a lot on here. My son loves it, and from what I've played (limited, tbh) the turn-based strategy is similar (apart from Banner Saga's fixed-perspective view), but the magnificent artwork, the Walking Dead style branching choices/storylines, and the overall world Banner Saga creates, is magnificent combination. Oh, and the hand-drawn (I think) animation of the characters on the board. :wub:

I'm nearing the end of Banner Saga 2 right now. The story keeps getting better.

Here's an example of the animation for just one character (there are dozens):

Whilst I really want to give Cuphead a try, in the last couple of month I have bought Phoenix Wright, Cook Serve Delicious 2, Switch 'N' Shoot, Baba Is You, Trials Rising, Wargroove and Hex Logic. I also have on my upcoming to but Steamworld Quest, GRID Autosport, Crystal Crisis, Rogue Bit and Super Blood Hockey.

Yet all I play is Tetris 99, because I have a massive problem. 

21 hours ago, Stanley said:

Guy's struggling with the difficulty in Zelda, let's recommend him Hollow Knight ;)

Its not so much the difficulty than the complete boredom thats making me not like it. 

It's more about using a set of tools and interdependent systems, though. It's up to you how creatively you approach the game. I do appreciate that's not necessarily what you want, though, rather THAN a slight on your imagination.

Edit: the word THAN, which changes the tone a bit! 

51 minutes ago, sharak said:

Hello I think I am going to get a switch.

What 3 games should I buy so I don't miss out and to get the ball rolling? Fav genres are schmups, platformers... maybe RPG... racing games...

Sonic Mania already purchased :)

Zelda, Odyssey, Mario Kart.

1 hour ago, Stanshall said:

It's more about using a set of tools and interdependent systems, though. It's up to you how creatively you approach the game. I do appreciate that's not necessarily what you want, though, rather a slight on your imagination. 

A slight on my imagination? What a douchebag comment. lol

Sorry im not as imaginative as you my lord ;). Just finding the dull empty world, horrible weapons system and aimless running around a bit boring.

3 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

A slight on my imagination? What a douchebag comment. lol

Sorry im not as imaginative as you my lord ;). Just finding the dull empty world, horrible weapons system and aimless running around a bit boring.

If the running around is aimless, that’s your fault not the game.

4 minutes ago, deKay said:

If the running around is aimless, that’s your fault not the game.

So theres not a lot of empty nothingness early in the game? Should i keep playing? Do we see more variety?

Enlighten me. 

It's clear some people don't get on with Zelda.  They want a more directed game which tells you what to do and where to go.  Zelda isn't empty or boring (subjective) but it does require you to make your own way and to be the sort of person who enjoys exploration and discovery over following a set path.

5 minutes ago, nakamura said:

There is more life in BOTW than almost every other open world RPG I've played. So much is actually interactive. 

Im gonna stick with it for another 5-10 hours after im done with Mario Odyseey (which is one of the best games i have ever played, cant believe how incredible it is) 

If it doesnt click then i will just have to accept its not for me. And play ALTTP to cleanse myself.:)

1 hour ago, sharak said:

Hello I think I am going to get a switch.

What 3 games should I buy so I don't miss out and to get the ball rolling? Fav genres are schmups, platformers... maybe RPG... racing games...

Sonic Mania already purchased :)

BotW, Odyssey, Splatoon 2. What a trio that is. :wub:

3 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Mario Odyseey (which is one of the best games i have ever played, cant believe how incredible it is) 

Agree completely... It just a great game in every way.... however there is so much more to do once you have finished just going through the main game levels....A game that keeps giving! :) Loved the retro 2D bits in this too.... Main reason I got a Switch and it didn't disappoint.