IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

2 hours ago, rgraves said:

It's dead easy on PC - Just insert the new card into your Switch and let it format the card, then just copy everything from the old card to the new one on your PC and away you go. That was all I did with no problems at all. It is much more hit and miss on a Mac though apparently.

Nah, it’s exactly the same on the Mac too.

On 14/04/2019 at 09:58, Stoppy2000 said:

I've just ordered a 128gb sd card... how easy is it to transfer my stuff off my current card? Can I do it all on a pc? Or are there some Nintendo style shenanigans? 

I have just transferred a nearly full 128gb to a 200gb on a laptop.

Put the old card into the reader. Drag and drop the file Nintendo to desktop.

Make sure the new card has been formatted on the Switch. Then do the reverse to the above on to your new card.

Took around an hour and a half which seems along time but quicker than to redownload everything. As your going to a 128gb card it should not take so long.

Good afternoon.

Does anyone mind pointing me in the direction of that nice, vertical Switch grip there was doing the rounds a couple of months back?  Can't remember the name of it for the life of me and I'm rather eager to get back into a bit of vertical shmuping (oo-er).

Thanks in advance!

30 minutes ago, TheShend said:

I remember some forumites getting mileage out of the 8Bitdo 6 button Genesis/MD controller for Switch earlier in the thread.

Worth a punt? It's be for 3S. OBVS.

Although I would prefer if they did the actual Saturn pad.

Yep; I love it. It's been a while since I last used a real Saturn pad to be honest but it feels as reliable as I remember those dpads being.

Nice and light, battery life is decent. I've used it primarily for Necro antics and it's been a wonderful time. I'll likely give it a go on Fightcade sometime too.

11 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Yep; I love it. It's been a while since I last used a real Saturn pad to be honest but it feels as reliable as I remember those dpads being.

Nice and light, battery life is decent. I've used it primarily for Necro antics and it's been a wonderful time. I'll likely give it a go on Fightcade sometime too.

In.

I'm on that free year of Nintendo online with Twitch Prime.

I'll hit you up for a friend code when the pad arrives for some sparring.

4 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Damn; I only had mine for 5 months and one of the joy-cons is already malfunctioning. Is this a rare thing, or are Nintendo's usually relatively high standards for their build quality finally slipping?

Joycon issues, especially the left one 'drifting', are fairly common.

8 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Nope it completely refuses to work on Mac OS.

It's how I transferred from my 16GB to my 128GB (and back, and back again, to test something for someone here). I don't even have a PC.

8 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Damn; I only had mine for 5 months and one of the joy-cons is already malfunctioning. Is this a rare thing, or are Nintendo's usually relatively high standards for their build quality finally slipping?

If it’s drift issues it’s usually just dirt under the hood of the stick, easy to sort with a blast of compressed air.

Yeah, im offically done with Zelda. Jut not having any fun. Started playing Mario Odyssey...my god this is just fantastic, one of the best games i have played in years.

So im gonna trade in Zelda (can get £32 voucher in CEX) just wondering what to get instead im thinking:

Super Smash Brothers (never played a smash game, but im not a big fan of fighting games except SF2)

Mario Kart 8

Civilisation 

Mario Tennis.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

What would you guys recommend? Im gonna be playing single player.

Out of those Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Smash Bros Ultimate are essential but both shine in multiplayer, Mario Tennis is good but lacking still in one player, your mileage may vary with that one. I love Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but it requires patience and understanding, if you found Zelda frustrating you might struggle there too. Never played Civ.

For single player if you like strategy Mario v Rabbids is a must and really cheap at the moment - also consider Into The Breach and Wargroove.

Just now, Shimmyhill said:

Err you mean MK8 deluxe one assumes ;) 

Well the original on the Wii U was the best racing game ever when it first came out. The Switch release made it even bestier.

In other news, the recent Switch software update let's you, wait for it... sort your game library in various different orders!  :omg:

(Does some other stuff too.)

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

In other news, the recent Switch software update let's you, wait for it... sort your game library in various different orders!  :omg:

(Does some other stuff too.)

:D

Find it odd on the store that it doesn't have a rating system?! Lots of times I've looked down the somewhat daunting list of indie games on there and oddly the listings are missing reviews or user ratings. Be nice to get a reasonable indication of the feedback a game has got without having to resort to a mobile phone or other device.

1 hour ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Mario Kart it looks like! Thanks

Need to get Bayonetta 2 as well. 

Mario Kart is excellent. 

I loved Xenoblade 2, but if you didn't enjoy BoTW it may not be for you. 

Stardew Valley and Hollow Knight on the eshop are great value if you get into them. 

6 hours ago, Stanley said:

For single player if you like strategy Mario v Rabbids is a must and really cheap at the moment

@RYAN WHITELAW - this is a GREAT suggestion. Mario v Rabbids is only £14:99 in the sale right now, and it's BRILLIANT. Absolutely top recommendation.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Mario-Rabbids-Kingdom-Battle-1233954.html