rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

7 minutes ago, Fallows said:

I don't know what they expect. Surely everyone who wanted to play Ace Attorney would have already done so on the DS, Wii and 3DS. If you're a fan of the games you're going to keep those tiny pieces of hardware lying around to facilitate, if not I'm sure you can find multiple pre-owned copies almost littering the streets over there. It's not like the games are designed for repeated play, either. At this point they'd be targeting new punters who've never played before, or people who want a physical version for their collection (which I guess isn't as big a thing in Japan as it is here).

There's also the people who don't buy Nintendo consoles.  A lot of my students only have PlayStations and have never had anything by Nintendo.

I would say wanting a physical version is more of a thing in Japan than in the UK.

Wait for the inevitable sale price of £15.99, stranger.

Also, no one has made a joke about 'buying that at a high price'

Edited by cohen205
Always have time for RE4 merchant jokes
  • Upvote 5

Yeah, the price screams "we've given ourselves room to go on sale".

I love RE4, it's a masterpiece, and I will buy it on Switch. But I'll wait until the inevitable drop.

For those's Switch owners that have gone fully digital do you just pay the eShop prices or do you look around for deals etc I have been considering getting a 200GB SD card and selling all my physical games and just go digital only for convenience and the fact that a lot of games need patches or extra downloads to work properly out of the box. 

6 minutes ago, DarkCrisis said:

For those's Switch owners that have gone fully digital do you just pay the eShop prices or do you look around for deals etc I have been considering getting a 200GB SD card and selling all my physical games and just go digital only for convenience and the fact that a lot of games need patches or extra downloads to work properly out of the box. 

I've gone digital - tend to buy most stuff once it goes on sale - though big titles I do get suckered into buying at launch from time to time (that's when I use the increased gold points to soften the blow). It costs a little more, but the convenience of having my whole game library available to me without faff and without carrying all the carts around is well, well worth it to me.

One decent tip - look out for deals on eShop credit from places like Zeek - you can quite often save a decent chunk (5+%) buying from them.

That Eurogamer article suggests that they're £30 to keep them in line with physical versions in shops. They must be losing tonnes of sales by doing that though? I know I've stopped even bothering to look on the store anymore. Its just ports of cool old games that when I look at them are insanely expensive. I bought Dark Souls again, but I've passed on Skyrim and now Resi 4, both games I usually just buy for everything. 

53 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Oh go on then. Curve have a good track record of backing the right horse. 

They're cars. You can clearly see the wheels and everything.

• Upvote 1

Just now, deKay said:

They're cars. You can clearly see the wheels and everything.

And what is engine power measured in? It certainly isn't cats!

On 26/02/2019 at 07:56, deKay said:

If you haven’t been registering your physical games for gold coins, titles are going to start expiring this weekend. That means after this weekend, Switch launch games (like Zelda!) can’t be registered for gold coins.

So register them now, and get the coins!

Just doing this now as haven't registered anything other than Smash Bros (for the plant). I take it you can't get rewards for downloaded games?