Nintendo Switch

deKay

Saboteur! is down to £1.44 on the eShop. I strongly urge anyone who has any affection for the Speccy original to get it - it’s massively expanded over that but in the same style. Well worth such a tiny sum.

22 hours ago, deKay said:

NES version was crap.

I remember playing it with my cousin (both of us on keys!) for so long the tape ran out of levels.

I thought back on the CPC 464, speccy & c64 the tape stopped once the game had loaded?

1 minute ago, joemul said:

I thought back on the CPC 464, speccy & c64 the tape stopped once the game had loaded?

Speccy version was multiload. Every few levels you had to load some more in. Eventually I ran out of tape, and turning it over just loaded in bizarre corrupt levels which would have been impossible if not for the Wait for Exit or Symbol Shift cheats.

9 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

What's the port like? I heard there was a looping music bug. Has that been patched now?

It's a great port from what I can tell, but the looping music bug on the World Map has not been patched yet.

45 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Holding stuff up? In 2019!? Honestly.

With Nintendo now adding VR to games outside of the Labo card then I’m expecting to see cheap third party headsets with straps and ting.

1 minute ago, JPickford said:

I hope the Zelda VR mode means a performance boost for everyone.   I'm convinced that 60fps is possible considering it's a game originating on Wii U.

It would be lovely but it's not even a solid 30fps at present.

24 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

What's the port like? I heard there was a looping music bug. Has that been patched now?

The music issue affects the world map apparently and I haven’t got that far yet.

Otherwise I do think it’s a great port though.  Is it a port of the PC version? I think it may be - some of the localisation issues are fixed “This guy are sick” etc.

You can fast forward 3x by pressing in the left stick which is nice for some of the slower story segments where you’re literally just waiting for someone to walk across screen, or you can’t be arsed watching six little guns shoot you in battle for 5HP each :D  Then you can toggle it off again really easily.

I think there’s cheats in it too if that floats your boat.  If I actually get there this time I may employ them to defeat some of the optional things I never did before.  I think I’ve killed Ruby Weapon before, but not Emerald? Perhaps the other way around :)

DOWN WITH SHINRA 

Genuinely surprised with the VR stuff, but holding the headset up doesn't sound like the best way to play!

Intrigued to see what the graphics look like off a 720p screen. I guess that's a benefit if the switch pro or whatever has a 1080p screen.

Also, be more interesting if zelda was first person surely?