rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

22 minutes ago, VN1X said:

So this is depressing: 

Astral Chain - no release date

So unless they suddenly unveil a new entry for a big franchise at E3 I guess that Zelda title is going to be their big hitter for this year?

Astral Chain is August 30.

And the big hitter for the year is obviously going to be Animal Crossing/Luigi's Mansion/Pokemon at E3.

3 minutes ago, rgraves said:

And the big hitter for the year is obviously going to be Animal Crossing/Luigi's Mansion/Pokemon at E3.

So that's that then, if you like that line-up, get excited, otherwise go play on a different system if that don't float yer boat. Much like 2018 was SSBU and My first Pokémon-centric.

6 minutes ago, mushashi said:

So that's that then, if you like that line-up, get excited, otherwise go play on a different system if that don't float yer boat. Much like 2018 was SSBU and My first Pokémon-centric.

Eh? I don't like Animal Crossing or Pokemon (or SSB come to that) - but I'm:

1) Not about to start denying a LOT of people do

2) Not daft enough to think Nintendo won't have anything else to show off

3) Able to read that I said 'big hitters' (which Pokemon and Animal Crossing are) and didn't say "their entire line-up".

That's like saying SSB and Pokemon where the big hitters last year, so unless you like those there was nothing else on Switch. Which, we all know, would be total bollocks.

If I was betting a bollock, for example, I reckon we'll see more Mario/Rabbids - and THAT would be a big hitter for me. LOVED the first one.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

I couldn't give a chud about Pokemon really but isn't the big new one out this Christmas? 

This year, supposedly, yes.

In terms of number of exclusive to be expected for a console in one year - what would be expected?

A (very) quick search for PS4 and xbone exclusives seem to offer approximately 5-6 each. However, one or two of them could conceivably be seen as "little" releases such as cuphead etc.  I think there is more than enough to play at the moment for me but I suppose that is all relative depending on your own available time for gaming. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strafe said:

I can’t imagine that Hellblade will look much cop on Switch. Or Witcher 3 which has been rumoured.

Heres a screen shot from handheld mode. Dat draw distance 

375D8C86-CF04-402F-B30C-D3F8EDB3D826.jpeg

6 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Heres a screen shot from handheld mode. Dat draw distance 

375D8C86-CF04-402F-B30C-D3F8EDB3D826.jpeg

You can see all the way to the moon! That’s pretty incredible.

1 hour ago, mushashi said:

1 hour ago, mushashi said:

Mario Maker 2, Daemon X Machina, Luigi's Mansion 3, Bayonetta 3 (tentative), Astral Chain, DQXI, DQB2, Doom Eternal, MKXI, Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Animal Crossing, Pokemon.

I mean, come on now, that's a good line up, and it's far from complete.

29 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

X.

Yeah... that only seems to work if it’s not disabled. But once It’s out of VP and I need to eject, I can’t get back in. :(

2 hours ago, deKay said:

It has also been proven right time and time again.

Also remember it isn’t E3 yet.

Oh yeah I remember when MP4, Bayo 3, Pikmin 4, AC, Pokemon and Fire Emblem were all announced only 6 months ahead of their releases. 

3 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Oh yeah I remember when MP4, Bayo 3, Pikmin 4, AC, Pokemon and Fire Emblem were all announced only 6 months ahead of their releases. 

Do you also remember when Tetris 99 was announced the day of its release? 

37 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Oh yeah I remember when Tetris 99, Boy Boy + Box Girl, Super Mario Maker 2, Hellblade, Deltarune, Final Fantasy IX, Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon, and Assassin's Creed III Remaster were all announced less than 6 months ahead of their releases.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VN1X said:

So this is depressing: 

Animal Crossing - no release date
Astral Chain - no release date
Bayo 3 - no release date
Daemon x Machina - no release date
Luigi Mansion 3 - no release date
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - not familiar with this franchise, no idea if good, no release date
Shin Megami Tensei - no idea what this is, no release date
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening - no release date
Town - no release date

So unless they suddenly unveil a new entry for a big franchise at E3 I guess that Zelda title is going to be their big hitter for this year?

Just chill out mate, it's February.

DEPRESSING.

Talk about first world problems. :hmm:

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Just chill out mate, it's February.

DEPRESSING.

Talk about first world problems. :hmm:

But we're on a computer talk place talking about computer talk place things! :) 

It's obviously not literally depressing lol. We all know how to put things into perspective here at the computer talk place!

39 minutes ago, deKay said:

Oh yeah I remember when Tetris 99, Boy Boy + Box Girl, Super Mario Maker 2, Hellblade, Deltarune, Final Fantasy IX, Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon, and Assassin's Creed III Remaster were all announced less than 6 months ahead of their releases.

I don't think you guys understand that this doesn't actually somehow disprove the point that plenty of games have been announced waaaaay in advance. :lol:

Nintendo would like to announce games closer to release but they ain't only doing that are they.

2 minutes ago, VN1X said:

I don't think you guys understand that this doesn't actually somehow disprove the point that plenty of games have been announced waaaaay in advance. :lol:

But the point is they do have big releases which are announced close to release. So they could definitely have another unannounced game or two out this year. 

3 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

But the point is they do have big releases which are announced close to release. So they could definitely have another unannounced game or two out this year. 

Of course and I never argued otherwise. I replied to someone saying that Nintendo only announces games 3 to 6 months ahead of release or some shit which would mean that Bayo 3 would've been slated for a March 2018 release. 

1 minute ago, mdn2 said:

*whispers* They do!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Nintendo would like to announce games closer to release but they ain't only doing that are they.

Nobody said that's all they're doing.

17 minutes ago, deKay said:

Nobody said that's all they're doing.

I didn't say that's all they're doing either. :lol:

I said they could very well have other titles in the pipeline, ready for an E3 unveiling. You're the one who brought up the "Nintendo only announces games half a year in advance" bollocks which clearly doesn't hold up. I don't know why that's still thrown around on places like this or Era. As soon as companies announce games by ways of logo's or whatever you know for a fact it won't see the light of day for a very long time. So even though Nintendo would prefer to announce games closer to release, history has proven they aren't doing that.

I'm not arguing they don't have more unknown projects in the works, I'm simply pointing out that which isn't true. That plus I'm bummed out with the current known release schedule as it isn't looking too hot*. 

Spoiler

In mY OpiNIOn