Jump to content
rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

You have such a narrow view of what makes a good third party game.

Yup that's me! The guy who recently played games like Pikuniku, The Messenger, Northgard, SYNTHETIK, Save Me Mr. Tako, Pillars of the Earth, Nioh, Vermintide 2, Slay the Spire, DUSK, Book of Demons, etc... 

  • Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Yup that's me! The guy who recently played games like Pikuniku, The Messenger, Northgard, SYNTHETIK, Save Me Mr. Tako, Pillars of the Earth, Nioh, Vermintide 2, Slay the Spire, DUSK, Book of Demons, etc... 

 

Great, then why be so reductive when it comes to Switch upcoming releases? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Yeah. Are you new to this thread? 

 

I'm far from new... and I admit to sometimes glancing over posts, but I wasn't sure if I saw anyone say that the games are better on Switch? I thought everyone's opinion is that whilst the switch ports aren't as good as the PS4 or Xbone versions, that we are still happy to get the ports due to the portable nature?

 

Port.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I can’t imagine that Hellblade will look much cop on Switch. Or Witcher 3 which has been rumoured.

 

I was surprised to see that pop up in the recent Nintendo Direct, it's already running with cutbacks on base PS4/X1 so most of the usual freebie optimisation tricks that a developer like Panic Button use regularly aren't an option, unless they are going to go for a true old school cinematic framerate, like OoT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Isaac said:

 

Oh ok cool, you were creating a strawman.

 

Do carry on.

??

 

Again I'm just asking for an overview of upcoming exclusives and/or Nintendo's own games. The fact that people haven't shouted off a bunch of other titles is telling. Fuck playing stuff like Hellblade, Doom Eternal, Observer, Dead by Daylight, Assassins Creed, MK11, Rage 2 (which already looks just 'okay' on consoles), etc on Switch when there's other platforms out there which do those games far better justice. You could argue the odd indie title here and there but I own all the current gen devices as well as a PC to boot (no pun intended) so am not going to bother with something like Civ 6 on the bloody Switch when I can play that on the PC, the way it's meant to be played™.

 

The Switch is currently in a bit of a drought and no amount of shoddy ports from yesteryear is going to change that. I'm not that bothered, as that leaves me with more time to play other games, but I wouldn't mind something to look forward to in the immediate future for the Switch rather than having to wait until June or later until we get something worthwhile...

 

Fanboys gotta fanboy I suppose. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VN1X said:

??

 

Again I'm just asking for an overview of upcoming exclusives and/or Nintendo's own games. The fact that people haven't shouted off a bunch of other titles is telling. Fuck playing stuff like Hellblade, Doom Eternal, Observer, Dead by Daylight, Assassins Creed, MK11, Rage 2 (which already looks just 'okay' on consoles), etc on Switch when there's other platforms out there which do those games far better justice. You could argue the odd indie title here and there but I own all the current gen devices as well as a PC to boot (no pun intended) so am not going to bother with something like Civ 6 on the bloody Switch when I can play that on the PC, the way it's meant to be played™. The Switch is currently in a bit of a drought no amount of shoddy ports from yesteryear is going to change that. I don't mind personally as that leaves me with more time to play other games so ya.

 

Fanboys will fanboy I suppose. 

 

Can we just get a picture of someone waving a huge flag with the words "PORTABILITY IS A FACTOR FOR SOME PEOPLE AND ISN'T FOR OTHERS" on the OP? 

 

Nobody with a brain was crying out for Indie's/Lower Res ports of stuff on the WiiU/Wii. People are buying them, and particularly in a lot of Indie games cases in massive numbers over standard console releases, because they are portable and some people like that even if you don't. 

 

Also if you've never taken a shite whilst playing Civ 6 you have no authority to tell others how it's supposed to be played. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own all current gen consoles as well as a PC as well, but I prefer to play on the Switch whenever I can. I’ve even double and triple dipped just to get a game I already own and like on Switch too. Technically, the Switch version of Diablo 3 has nothing on any of the other (current gen) ports, but for me it’s the most entertaining way to play it. The noticably low resolution doesn’t bother me at all.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own a PS4 (that I haven't turned on in months) and a PC too - hardly a fanboy.

 

I notice you haven't mentioned portability there. 

 

For many (me included), I'd happily sacrifice features, frame rate and resolution for portability.  

 

I just think it's nuts to say that the Switch is in a drought when I actually can't find the time to play all the games I have on it at the moment. 

 

Between Tetris 99, Katamari Rerolled, NSMB-U, Diablo 3 and Hyrule Warriors I have too much to play as it is, and that's before factoring in the ongoing Splatoon 2 and Smash Bros online support. 

 

I also bought FFIX the other day, fuck knows when I'll have a chance to play it. My commute is only 30 minutes each way!

 

Unless you are actually unemployed or aren't interested in whole genres of game there are more games on Switch than any adult with committments could possibly find time to play.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I echo the comment above that the way games are supposed to be played is while on the bog taking a shit.

 

I don't get why anybody would buy any Indies anywhere except the Switch.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Isaac.... if anything it has too many games. 

 

You could argue that you don't like certain games, or the machine is full of ports, but if you don't like it, then just sell it, rather than moan about it.

 

Theres plenty of games to play on the PS4/Bone/PC instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

I agree with Isaac.... if anything it has too many games. 

 

You could argue that you don't like certain games, or the machine is full of ports, but if you don't like it, then just sell it, rather than moan about it.

  

Theres plenty of games to play on the PS4/Bone/PC instead.

I'm not moaning, simply asking a question and discussing the upcoming line-up of videogames on an internet forum (computer talk place).

 

So yeah back to my original point: that exclusive/Nintendo list isn't that exhaustive then? So far I've only seen mentions of Yoshi (meh), FE (meh), Mario Maker 2 (neat) DxM (yay?), Astral Chain (yay?) and Boxboy (yay if 2eu).

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One mans portability is another man's non-issue. 

 

Switch has loads of really good games and there are good ones on the horizon, yet that still doesn't answer my question. 

 

Case closed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good lord you are impossible lol.

 

If your that eager to find out... maybe try google rather than antagonising us poor innocent nintendo fanboys.

Edited by cohen205
Beat me to it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is depressing: 

Animal Crossing - no release date
Astral Chain - no release date
Bayo 3 - no release date
Daemon x Machina - no release date
Luigi Mansion 3 - no release date
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - not familiar with this franchise, no idea if good, no release date
Shin Megami Tensei - no idea what this is, no release date
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening - no release date
Town - no release date

 

So unless they suddenly unveil a new entry for a big franchise at E3 I guess that Zelda title is going to be their big hitter for this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Nintendo doesn't do long hype cycles. See Mario Maker 2.

 

They announce and reveal more typically 3-6 months before release.

This has been proven wrong time and time again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VN1X said:

So this is depressing: 

Animal Crossing - no release date
Astral Chain - no release date
Bayo 3 - no release date
Daemon x Machina - no release date
Luigi Mansion 3 - no release date
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - not familiar with this franchise, no idea if good, no release date
Shin Megami Tensei - no idea what this is, no release date
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening - no release date
Town - no release date

 

So unless they suddenly unveil a new entry for a big franchise at E3 I guess that Zelda title is going to be their big hitter for this year?

 

It's due this summer. It takes years to churn out sequels now, so you can write off any chance of sequels to the stuff already out, which means you can work out what they have left to release that isn't a sequel to those games fairly easily. Otherwise it is the fabled new IP out of leftfield if you want a big hitter to be excited for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VN1X said:

This has been proven wrong time and time again. 

 

It has also been proven right time and time again.

 

Also remember it isn’t E3 yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VN1X said:

So this is depressing: 

Animal Crossing - no release date
Astral Chain - no release date
Bayo 3 - no release date
Daemon x Machina - no release date
Luigi Mansion 3 - no release date
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - not familiar with this franchise, no idea if good, no release date
Shin Megami Tensei - no idea what this is, no release date
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening - no release date
Town - no release date

 

So unless they suddenly unveil a new entry for a big franchise at E3 I guess that Zelda title is going to be their big hitter for this year?

 

Animal Crossing is out in 2019. Expect a full reveal at E3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.