rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

7 hours ago, probotector said:

No one buys Nintendo consoles for 3rd party shit.

They sell pretty well. This year should be interesting as it's the first time some major third party games are released the same date as their more powerful counterparts (Doom Eternal and Mortal KombatXI). I also imagine DQXI will do massive sales.

56 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Yeah can't wait to play Sekiro, DMCV, Rage 2 and Dying Light 2 on my Switch... 

Those will not be available on the Switch. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 2

It was a statement with a question mark, as I said earlier, no one considers Box Boy a major release, but Nintendo have a history of releasing smaller more experimental titles on the eshop so it's not unprecedented. It's looks good fun and will most likely be cheap but well made.

@probotector

13 minutes ago, probotector said:

They could have made a small wave race or fzero game or quick HD remakes for the same time it too for boxboy, a filler game no one will be buy and even less will buy.

Yes they could have made a new F-Zero or Wave Race in the same time and budget as a 2D wireframe indie game :rolleyes:

And why won't anyone buy it?

I'd rather they'd make a full fat Wave Race or F-Zero to be honest. Particularly the latter - the world needs 30+ player online Grand Prix. 

• Upvote 2

Boxboy looks fun, no idea why 'indie'/non AAA games are dismissed so easily by some, especially on Switch where they often fit perfectly. 

I am mostly waiting for the Goose Game as that looks EXCELLENT. When is that out? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Early 2019, no date as yet.

It is Early 2019 now!

Also, my previous barometer for a long rumoured Early 2019 release date was the new Alan Partridge and that starts next week. I shall be checking the estate for Goose Game on Wednesday and hope not to be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mike S said:

It is Early 2019 now!

Also, my previous barometer for a long rumoured Early 2019 release date was the new Alan Partridge and that starts next week. I shall be checking the estate for Goose Game on Wednesday and hope not to be disappointed.

Yeah well you know what some of these eshop games are like, they just appear sometimes.

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Yeah well you know what some of these eshop games are like, they just appear sometimes.

So, you’re telling me there is a chance?!

lloydfromdumbanddumber.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, probotector said:

Boxboy looks like shovelware.

Im surprised it’s a Nintendo game?

The series is one of the best set of games on the 3DS. Looking forward to Box Boy more than most of the other stuff in the Direct.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

54 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Those will not be available on the Switch. 

Actually, I'd bet somebody else's bollock that Rage 2 will come to Switch at some point. They've mentioned they are 'looking into it' a curiously significant number of times.

12 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Actually, I'd bet somebody else's bollock that Rage 2 will come to Switch at some point. They've mentioned they are 'looking into it' a curiously significant number of times.

I was being facetious really but, with regards to Rage 2, just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. My Switch isn’t a place for cut back PC/traditional console games as I’d rather play such things with all the bells and whistles on those machines.

That said I did finally pick up Dark Souls despite having previously bought  it many times over on several platforms already.  But that’s because it’s Dark Souls.

I can't wait for Doom Eternal on Switch, the first one runs incredibly well. Obviously better graphics is a big draw, but so is being able to play them in handheld mode, probably more so for me.

18 minutes ago, Mike S said:

just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. My Switch isn’t a place for cut back PC/traditional console games as I’d rather play such things with all the bells and whistles on those machines.

Can I put that another way: just because you don't want something on Switch, doesn't mean nobody else does either. For plenty of people, the relatively small cutbacks that are made are more than OK in return for the flexibility and accessibility of having them on Switch.

If it was always absolutely about 'best possible' with no compromises, consoles would be pointless.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I can't wait for Doom Eternal on Switch, the first one runs incredibly well. Obviously better graphics is a big draw, but so is being able to play them in handheld mode, probably more so for me.

Horses for courses of course but Doom will remain a PC game for me. The thought of squinting at all that frantic mayhem on the small screen, whilst also fighting with the joycons does not appeal. 

I don't play any FPS's on console though to be fair as I much prefer the fluidity of mouse control for those games.. 

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

Just now, Mike S said:

Horses for courses of course but Doom will remain a PC game for me. The thought of squinting at all that frantic mayhem on the small screen, whilst also fighting with the joycons does not appeal. 

I don't play any FPS's on console though to be fair as I much prefer the fluidity of mouse control for those games.. 

It plays just the same as the other versions, even has (excellent) gyro aiming controls as a bonus. 

I can appreciate why people might not want to play it on Switch but I'm glad it's there, I wish more third party stuff like Prey and Dishonored would make their way over.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Can I put that another way: just because you don't want something on Switch, doesn't mean nobody else does either. For plenty of people, the relatively small cutbacks that are made are more than OK in return for the flexibility and accessibility of having them on Switch.

If it was always absolutely about 'best possible' with no compromises, consoles would be pointless.

I never said that nobody else should play those games on Switch just because I wouldn't.

I just don't think it's the ideal platform for everything, especially techy AAA games. On the flip side, I am loathe to play anything that looks a bit 8 or 16 bit in its art style on the 'big' consoles as such games look much better on the small Switch screen.. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I never said that nobody else should play those games on Switch just because I wouldn't.

I just don't think it's the ideal platform for everything, especially techy AAA games. On the flip side, I am loathe to play anything that looks a bit 8 or 16 bit in its art style on the 'big' consoles as such games look much better on the small Switch screen.. 

And I'd prefer if everything was on Switch, giving people more choice, I'm not bothered about slight visual downgrades or whatever. It's great to see stuff like Observer and Hellblade on there, for example.

17 hours ago, VN1X said:

So as far as known releases are concerned that's maybe a game in June and then maybe also one or two in August? 

Yikes. I still love my Switch but that's a bit lacklustre to say the least. 

There are incredible games hitting the eshop on a really regular basis. Tetris 99 is already the best battle royale game ever made. 

5 hours ago, VN1X said:

You have such a narrow view of what makes a good third party game.