Jump to content
rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Is there a release schedule for notable games this year? What are the next upcoming exclusive or Nintendo releases?

March - Yoshi

June - Mario Maker 2

July - Fire Emblem

August - Daemon X Machina, Astral Chain

 

 

Those are exclusives there's also Dragon Quest Builders 2 in July and Mortal Kombat XI in April.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kids have been going on about Super Mario Party for ages, despite my attempts to tell them to get Smash or something else instead. So we finally got it today. £45, the bloody thing was. And sold out in GAME, to make matters worse. Had to go to Argos instead - hunting out a game I don't want to buy for more than I've paid for a game in years.


I've never played it before, but two turns in I'm going bloody insane. And they chose hard for the bloody 4th player CPU so we're all being destroyed by peach who keeps rolling a bloody 6 and destroying us in the garbage mini games.

 

This is what hell looks like.

  • Upvote 4
  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Nintendo apparently resurrecting a previously cancelled game - according the senior editor of Game Informer:

 

 

 

 

 

Project H.A.M.M.E.R, Donkey Kong Racing or  Super Mario Spikers are the only Nintendo ones I can think of.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2019 at 17:25, Shimmyhill said:

 

Everything is on standby even the Wii U it doesn’t even cost a quid a year so I like to live a little - our Switch would never fall victim to it mind as it’s used everyday (mainly kids) 

 

Ridiculous mentality. If you’re not using it, turn it off if you want your kids to have a chance of a future. Multiply that standby vampire power by billions and it’s taking a massive toll. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

 

Ridiculous mentality. If you’re not using it, turn it off if you want your kids to have a chance of a future. Multiply that standby vampire power by billions and it’s taking a massive toll. 

 

If only billions of WiiUs and Switches were sold. :(

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A year or so I've had the switch and it's still a dilemma getting a 2nd controller on the go. Was playing around with the NES software last night and spent about 20mins getting the joycons to work properly. 

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stanley said:

March - Yoshi

June - Mario Maker 2

July - Fire Emblem

August - Daemon X Machina, Astral Chain

 

 

Those are exclusives there's also Dragon Quest Builders 2 in July and Mortal Kombat XI in April.

 

 

So as far as known releases are concerned that's maybe a game in June and then maybe also one or two in August? 

 

Yikes. I still love my Switch but that's a bit lacklustre to say the least. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

 

Ridiculous mentality. If you’re not using it, turn it off if you want your kids to have a chance of a future. Multiply that standby vampire power by billions and it’s taking a massive toll. 

 

I balance my standby excess with energy saving elsewhere (we have used what ever low watt bulbs have been around for 15+ years for example) so sleep easy knowing I am doing my bit in a realistic way while hoping for a future for my kids!

 

You sound like my mate who turns everything off at the wall every night to save the planet, his 1kw array of halogen bulbs in the kitchen costs too much to replace with led bulbs apparently but thank god his Switch isn’t drawing that 1w when not in use :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, VN1X said:

So as far as known releases are concerned that's maybe a game in June and then maybe also one or two in August? 

 

Yikes. I still love my Switch but that's a bit lacklustre to say the least. 

Yeah it's all back loaded into the second half of the year when we'll get Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, DQXI, Doom Eternal and whatever else, within weeks of each other. I would have expected a game in Feb, April and May, so not sure what's happening with that. Obviously it's only mid Feb so I'm expecting more announcements as the year goes on.

 

Looking forward to FE myself, I think it looks fantastic, just wish it wasn't out 2 weeks after DQB2 which I'll be totally playing all the time at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, VN1X said:

So as far as known releases are concerned that's maybe a game in June and then maybe also one or two in August? 

 

Yikes. I still love my Switch but that's a bit lacklustre to say the least. 

 

You're ignoring 3rd party releases because...?

  • Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

I balance my standby excess with energy saving elsewhere (we have used what ever low watt bulbs have been around for 15+ years for example) so sleep easy knowing I am doing my bit in a realistic way while hoping for a future for my kids!

 

You sound like my mate who turns everything off at the wall every night to save the planet, his 1kw array of halogen bulbs in the kitchen costs too much to replace with led bulbs apparently but thank god his Switch isn’t drawing that 1w when not in use :lol:

 

I meant the billions of devices left in standby @the_debaser  and you’re not the only person needlessly drawing 1w of power @Shimmyhill. Well done on the lightbulbs. Everyone can always do a little more :) 

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Yeah it's all back loaded into the second half of the year when we'll get Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, DQXI, Doom Eternal and whatever else, within weeks of each other. I would have expected a game in Feb, April and May, so not sure what's happening with that. Obviously it's only mid Feb so I'm expecting more announcements as the year goes on.

 

BoxBoy is the first party game for April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, PyramidFace said:

 

BoxBoy is the first party game for April.

Sure but if we're gonna include eshop titles then I guess you could say Tetris 99 was the Feb game too. For the first half of the year Switch is short of big exclusives whereas the last 6 months sees Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, Dragon Quest Builders 2, DQXI, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Luigi Mansion, Link's Awakening. And that's just the stuff we know about compared with the first 6 months which has just Mario U, Yoshi and then Mario Maker in June, kinda crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, probotector said:

I went into CEX the other day.

 

The switch prices for games were insane. £50 for Mario Kart 2nd hand! Is anyone paying that much? It’s £40 new? 

 

Smash Bros is £48 at CEX or £45 new from Argos too. 

 

Their whole model must revolve around locking their customers into trading in at the same time as purchasing. Since Game won't match their trade in prices now, CEX can bump up the sale and trade in prices. Anyone who's trading in supplements the price with cash and anyone who pays cash outright is a bonus. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, probotector said:

No one buys Nintendo consoles for 3rd party shit.

 

Happily trading in resolution for portability seems to be a thing, especially with double-dippers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, yeah. Nintendo second-hand game prices always hold up. It's mainly why I still buy physical.

 

Lots of friends who just got Switches this Christmas were complaining about that as well. People thinking they can go out and get a handful of the best on the system for £30. Usually the types who like to just stockpile stuff and play for 30mins each before moving on. I'm trying to tell them to just play what they have already as these games are bursting with content that keeps you going, even the single player stuff.

 

It worked on one of them. 150 hours so far on MK8 and he's better than me. He's even using the voice chat app to talk to me (and he thinks it's great :/ ).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PyramidFace said:

 

Why wouldn't you include eShop releases..?

Include whatever you want, it's not a definitive list or anything, I just don't think most people would count Box Boy as a major release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.