rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

2 hours ago, Cyhwuhx said:

We just had a solid year full of Metroidvanias. Give them some time to make a good game.

There will be hell to pay if turns into Federation Force 2.

There’s no such thing as metroidvanias... just Metroid games.

;)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, probotector said:

I want Metroid not Metroidvania! 

I can more or less guarantee that by the end of the year there will be four Metroids on Switch.

Stanley's clearly anticipating the dream team:

Metroid Prime: Federation Force, Metroid Prime Pinball, Metroid Prime: Hunters and Metroid Blast (NES Metroid will obviously have been removed from the service by the end of the year).

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, probotector said:

Are you guys trolling?

Metroid has been raped harder than any franchise I can remember.

I guess the GBA games were decent but that. Was 15yrs ago!

Come off it, the only real stinkers were Federation Force and Hunters IMO, even Other M was excellent, and last year there was Samus Returns. Anyway this year you'll get MPT and, probably, Super Metroid, and eventually MP4, hardly the poor treatment you're describing. 

None of that has happened yet, plus Metroid was like a fine wine franchise, 1 game every couple of years or 1 per generation.

Its getting run into the ground now. I don’t want all those Metroid games.

I want one Super Metroid Tier game every 10 years.

9 minutes ago, probotector said:

Are you guys trolling?

Sonic must be happy that it's no longer the most raped franchise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 15

2 minutes ago, probotector said:

None of that has happened yet, plus Metroid was like a fine wine franchise, 1 game every couple of years or 1 per generation.

Its getting run into the ground now. I don’t want all those Metroid games.

I want one Super Metroid Tier game every 10 years.

It's hardly bloody FIFA or COD, there are already pretty big gaps beyween them, MP4 won't be out for a good few years. But you know, carry on whinging, maybe it will improve things.

1 minute ago, probotector said:

Metroid Prime isn’t made by Intelligent Systems.

Its not a 2D platformer.

A 2D one came out last year,  I'm afraid if you didn't like that the situation probably ain't gonna get better as that one was even approved and produced by Sakamoto. Maybe play Kirby instead. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, scottcr said:

There’s no such thing as metroidvanias... just Metroid games.

;)

You try to accommodate for others and this is what I get? :P

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, probotector said:

Are you guys trolling?

Ehr.... Gosh. And here I thought I had high standards for the franchise...

15 hours ago, Cyhwuhx said:

We just had a solid year full of Metroidvanias. Give them some time to make a good game.

There will be hell to pay if turns into Federation Force 2.

Federation Force was quite good fun - I enjoyed it on the 3DS till my son lost the cartridge... but it felt like a game with the Metroid universe theme splashed on and would've been better with its own unique theme or somewhere a bit more light hearted... shit, it could probably have been a great wee Toad gameif they set it in the Mushroom Kingdom... see also Mario vs Rabbids.

17 minutes ago, scottcr said:

Federation Force was quite good fun - I enjoyed it on the 3DS till my son lost the cartridge... but it felt like a game with the Metroid universe theme splashed on and would've been better with its own unique theme or somewhere a bit more light hearted... shit, it could probably have been a great wee Toad gameif they set it in the Mushroom Kingdom... see also Mario vs Rabbids.

I still think it was an aborted attempt at 3DS Splatoon.

7 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

I still think it was an aborted attempt at 3DS Splatoon.

you might be right - some producer at some point probably decided that due to the Metroid gap, they'd make more money splashing a Metroid skin on it rather than an unproven new crazy style...

shit - the more I think about it, the better it would've been as a Splatoon game.   The Splatoon Mangas are really good - my son loves them - they could've used the characters from that.

SO MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITY

46 minutes ago, scottcr said:

Someone suggested it should have been a Splatoon game and that sounds right.

I liked it! FedFo 4 Life.

• Upvote 1

On 10/02/2019 at 08:48, probotector said:

If only. If only. :(

ive been waiting for the SNES follow up since 1996. 

Metroid-Fusion-001.png?ssl=1

It came out in 2002.

Fusion was pretty good. I don't rate it anywhere near as highly as Prime or Super (or Hollow Knight) but I played through it in one four-hour sitting and never returned to it so maybe I should replay it.

Pretty excited for the new Prime. It's been a while. I hope they still use lock-on because I'm useless at aiming.

I hated Fusion. We went from wordless, isolated freeform exploration of a hostile alien world to being ordered around a boring space station by a wordy, bossy computer who helpfully locks all the doors for any route other than the one you should be taking. Plus the aesthetic wasn't great - hated new lumpy Samus, and the enemies reminded me of VGA Apogee games like Blake Stone or Halloween Harry. Plus there was the Emo Telebug enemy.

Good thing Nintendo learnt from their mistakes and didn't make a poorly received Wii title with even more dialogue and arbitrary barriers to progress from a bossy computer/man. Oh, wait.

I still completed it twice, because Metroid.

• Upvote 1