rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Out of interest, how is the Switch version of The Binding of Isaac? 

I have it on. My Vita albeit it was free with Plus so seeing as my sub has lapsed, I'd have to pay £7 to play it again. 

Currently the Switch version is £17 which seems decent value. Not sure how much the physical version goes for usually. 

On 17/01/2019 at 07:54, Nequests said:

Did anyone buy one of those Hori D-Pad Joycons? I kinda think the d-pad is still in the wrong position, but if it's decent enough I'll pick one up. 

Got mine, the d-pad location still makes it uncomfortable, they should just remove the stick and have a higher pad only as it's a specific purpose component. The d-pad surface is a bit slippy also, I would like it a little more tactile, guess I could give it a scrub with sandpaper.

On 01/02/2019 at 14:24, Purin said:

You may find yourself in a beautiful house with a beautiful wife
You may ask yourself, well, when is Metroid Prime 4 out?

They clearly realised they were on a Road to Nowhere with the original build and have decided that Burning Down the House and starting again is the best plan. 

• Upvote 1

On 05/02/2019 at 06:47, Parksey said:

Out of interest, how is the Switch version of The Binding of Isaac? 

I have it on. My Vita albeit it was free with Plus so seeing as my sub has lapsed, I'd have to pay £7 to play it again. 

Currently the Switch version is £17 which seems decent value. Not sure how much the physical version goes for usually. 

If you liked the Vita version you'll like it on Switch. It's just as good, only you'll get all the DLC and expansions with the Switch version which adds a lot of content. For 17 quid you can't go wrong. I got it myself in the current sale and I don't regret it at all, even though I have it on both PS4 and PC. 

3 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Super Mario Bros 2 and Kirbys adventure are the nes games coming on 13th Feb. 

The best Mario game :wub:

Whilst this is fine I feel it's about time they started to mix things up with SNES games, and perhaps give us a rundown of what else is coming out apart from Yoshi. 

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

I agree - for me Mario Bros 2 was the one big game that I though was missing. Hopefully they will move onto SNES games in March.

I really hope the Starfox GP rumours are true. In my head its amazing!

Also, two games a month instead of the previous three is now obviously a thing - no reason given or announcement of any sort, this is Nintendo after all.

I must say, their overall online might be a little lacking but I like their News Feed thing and the sorts of items they have on it. They have little annotated run throughs of the manuals for the NES games and stuff like that, a nice little addition.

• Upvote 3

What are they getting?

You can just download the Japanese app, anyway. I played an hour or so of Joy Mecha Fight last month.

Edit: Oh, the Tecmo Sumo game. I'll probably give that a try.

48 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I see Japan is getting three games this month, again, as opposed to our two.

To be fair though, for every 2 NES games released, there were 3 Famicom games..

2 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Oh good, maybe they will be so kind as to include the expansions already out on PC.

I won't be purchasing until they reach feature parity.

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Also, two games a month instead of the previous three is now obviously a thing - no reason given or announcement of any sort, this is Nintendo after all.

Did they ever say we'd get three a month? Thought it was just "some games".

My Flip Grip arrived today, didn't expect it anytime soon after I ordered it on the 31st of January.

What a great thing this is! I'll actually play the Pinball games I bought yonks ago now. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Stanley said:

The company that just released a video purely to tell people they’re starting a game from scratch?

Just now, Sarlaccfood said:

The company that just released a video purely to tell people they’re starting a game from scratch?

Oh well that explains why we were getting three games a month as part of our subscription and now it's only two, or when SNES games are coming or any new releases at all bar Yoshi.

1 hour ago, Pug said:

My Flip Grip arrived today, didn't expect it anytime soon after I ordered it on the 31st of January.

What a great thing this is! I'll actually play the Pinball games I bought yonks ago now. 

Mine just arrived to my friend in Philly. Was expecting two weeks as per site instructions, was 3 working days in the end. Just need to wait for him to send over the care package now. 

23 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Oh well that explains why we were getting three games a month as part of our subscription and now it's only two, or when SNES games are coming or any new releases at all bar Yoshi.

It’s just not as big a deal to most people as it is to you or I.

It's not a great trajectory though is it? Their online system is still moribund with no real improvements since it launched. The biggest Switch online news has been that they are allowing games to use XBox Live!

12 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

It’s just not as big a deal to most people as it is to you or I.

I think it's symptomatic of some of the problems they have communicating with their customers. For example when Sony decided they were changing the free games given each month with Plus they announced it a year in advance. With both Xbox Live and PS plus you know exactly what you're getting each month. When you want people to pay for your service you need to be clear about exactly what it is you'll be getting as part of that service. You know, when they first announced it they said it would be NES and SNES games, they started out by giving us 20 straight away and then three each month, now it's down to two and there's still no sign of any SNES games. It's all a bit random and unclear which isn't good enough for a paid service IMO.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

You know, when they first announced it they said it would be NES and SNES games, they started out by giving us 20 straight away and then three each month, now it's down to two and there's still no sign of any SNES games. It's all a bit random and unclear which isn't good enough for a paid service IMO.

I don't think they have ever officially said SNES games have they?

Just now, rgraves said:

I don't think they have ever officially said SNES games have they?

They said it during the Switch's launch period when the service was initially due to start in late 2017. 

It's all a bit bizarre if you stop and think about. Will the library just carry on building? If so it's far less value now than it will be in years time after the library has had time to grow.