rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

20 minutes ago, Raoull duke said:

The joycons are too small for me. The pro controller is roughly fifty quid. Those dongles are twenty quid and I already own two DS4s. I just splashed out over three hundred quid on the console so I'm not exactly cash rich right now.

Fucking Nintendo fundamentalists in this thread. 

Everything I’ve read about it says it works well and lag free. Pro pad is a better pad IMO but can’t see anything wrong with the adaptor and DS4 combo.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Raoull duke said:

Anyone used one of those 8bitdo dongles that let you use a DS4?

I have one. I don't use it all that often but it works just fine.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Professor Puzzles said:

What if Switch Mini is just a rebranded/slightly upgraded 3DS/2DS?

An upgraded 3DS/2DS that plays Switch games also, interesting. I'd actually buy that.

1 hour ago, Protocol Penguin said:

It won’t. Why would it be branded as a Switch if it can’t play Switch games?

Well, the Playstation Portable and the Playstation Vita couldn't play Playstation 2/3 games either. Not that I think this is what the Switch Mini is going to be, just thinking out loud.

(plus I love the DS line and don't want it to disappear)

16 minutes ago, Stanley said:

A 2DS that plays Switch games is definitely something no one would ecpect, but potentially difficult to market.

Nintendo have learnt the hard way with the WIi U (and lesser extent the 3DS) not to confuse consumers with unclear product names. 

3 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Nintendo have learnt the hard way with the WIi U (and lesser extent the 3DS) not to confuse consumers with unclear product names. 

Just call it Switch Mini, Switch S, whatever. DS played Gameboy games after all.

I really hope they don't go for the budget/kids revision but it'd be in keeping with their previous handheld revisions, and I don't think a Pro version makes much sense, unfortunately. The best Switch games have been designed from the ground up for a certain spec and I don't think you could add a great deal by presenting them in 4K, for example. The emulated 4K BotW is a case in point - many people prefer the washed out Ghibli palette. What would a Pro version of Splatoon or ARMS or MK8D look like, exactly? These games already look tremendous. They could stand to lose a few jaggies here and there but their art style and performance are inherently matched to the existing tech. 

• Upvote 6

Nintendo wouldn't mess around with their palette just because amateur shader hobbyists decide to bastardise games with their greater understanding of emulation technical whizzbangs than art direction. A bump in resolution and framerate is a far more attractive (and likely) proposition from these proper companies.

• Upvote 4

I’m sure this has been answered previously but I can’t find it; so here goes:-

my niece has a switch too. Is it possible that I can load my profile onto her switch so she can download the games I’ve bought digitally, but not be able to buy any games on my profile?

im sure you can do this on playstations...

44 minutes ago, joemul said:

I’m sure this has been answered previously but I can’t find it; so here goes:-

my niece has a switch too. Is it possible that I can load my profile onto her switch so she can download the games I’ve bought digitally, but not be able to buy any games on my profile?

im sure you can do this on playstations...

Yeap.

just add your profile to her switch and away you go

On 02/02/2019 at 13:28, Raoull duke said:

Fucking Nintendo fundamentalists in this thread

Don’t let him get to you. I think he gets off on making other people feel bad.

I bought a Magic NS dongle to use my Wii U pro controller on Switch. Can also plug in my old 360 USB arcade stick. Works great.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Stanley said:

A 2DS that plays Switch games is definitely something no one would ecpect, but potentially difficult to market.

Vita form factor for a portable only mini switch. That would be sweet. 

53 minutes ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Broke a joycon trying to change the case to a dpad. Got it all done then trying to attach the little battery clip I snapped it :(

Jeff-Goldblum-GIF.gif

1 hour ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Broke a joycon trying to change the case to a dpad. Got it all done then trying to attach the little battery clip I snapped it :(

Do you mean the battery connector on the battery?

If you do I have a spare battery as I killed my joycon trying to do the swap too

You are welcome to it as I bought a new set of joycons

8 hours ago, MikeF said:

Do you mean the battery connector on the battery?

If you do I have a spare battery as I killed my joycon trying to do the swap too

You are welcome to it as I bought a new set of joycons

Wow. That's dead nice of you. Are you sure?

Does anyone know if my joycon is knackered or just needs a battery? I swapped the case and put it all back together but broke the battery connector. MikeF has kindly offered to send me a battery but I don't want to waste his time if it won't help.

The joycon in question is now back together sans battery but when it's connected to the switch it isn't recognised. Is it completely broken or will the switch not recognise it without the battery?

3 hours ago, Gord said:

Does anyone use a nfc emulator at all?

I still do! I have the N2 Elite (mine was still when it was called the Amiiqo). Never had any problems with it, came in really handy with Mario Odyssey. The only current problem is that they've gone lax again with updating their Android app, there's alternatives out there for this though.

• Upvote 1