rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Flub said:

It's no C64 version though

Fuck that noise.

(But! It *is* the C64 version too. And the Amiga version even though that didn't exist. And the ZX81 version. It's ALL the versions.)

4 hours ago, carlospie said:

Gonna go buy one of these tonight, is mario kart still worth it? Il be buying two games, most likely mario kart and odyssey 

Great choices. You going for grey or Neon though? 

11 hours ago, carlospie said:

I got one now, got neon of course. Mario kart is so impressive in handheld. Fortnite not so impressive!!!

Welcome to the Switchverse.  I have hardly turned on my PS4 or Xbone since I got mine.  Get yourself Paladins instead of Fortnite.  Really really good!

Also, if you're mainly playing in handheld mode, I would invest in a Gripcase - I bought the Skull & Co. one.  I've had the Switch for a few months now and not docked it once.  The Gripcase makes it very comfy to play on the go.

1 hour ago, Omizzay said:

Welcome to the Switchverse.  I have hardly turned on my PS4 or Xbone since I got mine.  Get yourself Paladins instead of Fortnite.  Really really good!

Also, if you're mainly playing in handheld mode, I would invest in a Gripcase - I bought the Skull & Co. one.  I've had the Switch for a few months now and not docked it once.  The Gripcase makes it very comfy to play on the go.

Can we only be friends by these codes? My username is carlospie. I have both games, paladins is actually quite good fun for all i slagged off the PS4 version 

6 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Can we only be friends by these codes? My username is carlospie. I have both games, paladins is actually quite good fun for all i slagged off the PS4 version 

You don’t need the codes. You can invite friends via Twitter, email or possibly Facebook? I just added everyone who was already on my lists for Miitomo, Wii U, 3DS and Twitter.

Just now, carlospie said:

I have none of those :) do I need to buy a felt thing for the dock or is that no longer an issue? 

It was never an issue unless you live in a house full of grit.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

OK, touché. You can't add by username, though, which is what I think carlos was asking by implication. 

Well no, but then usernames aren’t unique.

• Upvote 1

I'm ashamed to say I've not turned my Switch on in a couple of months, I re-bought a 2DS and have been hammering Pokemon and the Zeldas so that's taken up most of my gaming time. However I feel like I've cheated on my Switch,

anything came out in the last couple of months I should be looking at? How did Octopath look in the end? I've not heard much since its launch

1 hour ago, SMD said:

@Omizzay do you know if anywhere is selling the Japanese version of Okami in Dubai?

GeeKay will have it I'm sure.  I'm gonna go digital for Okami, especially because I've never played it before and I just love having most of my games on the SD card.

1 hour ago, CovisGod said:

I'm ashamed to say I've not turned my Switch on in a couple of months, I re-bought a 2DS and have been hammering Pokemon and the Zeldas so that's taken up most of my gaming time. However I feel like I've cheated on my Switch,

anything came out in the last couple of months I should be looking at? How did Octopath look in the end? I've not heard much since its launch

Octopath is great if old school JRPGs are your thing. I'm really enjoying it, but its losing out to Hollow Knight at the minute, which is amazing. 

There's also Dead Cells, Okami, Overcooked 2 and Captain Toad all out in the last few weeks. 

• Upvote 1

Good, I’m determined to finish it. Can you do voice chat on firtnite? Mario kart is a technical master piece, did a whole cup on it today whilst taking a dump. I totally ‘get’ the switch now, it’s game changing. Shame the games are so expensive 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, CovisGod said:

Nothing decent has been released this year and nothing will be. Its basically become a Splatoon machine for me. 

Everyone was saying in H1, ‘don’t worry, they’re saving all their announcements for E3’.  

Yeah. That turned out just GREAT. 

• Downvote 6
  • Empathy 2

12 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Good, I’m determined to finish it. Can you do voice chat on firtnite? Mario kart is a technical master piece, did a whole cup on it today whilst taking a dump. I totally ‘get’ the switch now, it’s game changing. Shame the games are so expensive 

Voice chat is available in fortnite. Just plug in a headset and your good to go. 

11 minutes ago, carlospie said:

You supposedly can do voice chat with a regular mic headset but I've not tried. Edit: as above.

I would say that Splatoon is a belter, and still very well supported. ARMS is superb but it's not going to be updated further and the player base is now dwindling; plus, it seems a bit hit and miss, anyway. Plenty of people never got their head round it.

The majority of first party releases this year have been Wii U ports. Tropical Freeze and Captain Toad are great but not guaranteed belters for everyone. Mario Tennis Aces is...divisive. I love it in some ways but it's substandard for Nintendo.

Otherwise, I'd scour the eShop thread and look at the eShop charts and Discover section to see which indie and digital games might be up your street.

If I can make one suggestion that I wish I'd done personally, go physical and trade in. They are expensive games but tend to hold resale value really well, too. 

53 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Nothing decent has been released this year and nothing will be. Its basically become a Splatoon machine for me. 

Everyone was saying in H1, ‘don’t worry, they’re saving all their announcements for E3’.  

Yeah. That turned out just GREAT. 

U ok hun