rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

I finally got to pick up Puyo Puyo Tetris in the sale for the normal two-weeks-after-launch Sega price a year later than expected too. I’m enjoying it but I thInk I must have spent all those hours on older versions doing it wrong. I’ve been watching some Twitch streams and the level of play is insane. Above all else, T-spins go against all my instincts, and even after six days,  I still can’t get to grips with setting them up.

It’s been an eye-opener in the build up to Tetris Effect. I was expecting that to be a nice chillout VR game. 

51 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Tetris Effect will be stunning, but it is a different beast. It's a great accompaniment. 

Can we at the very least agree to take Tetris Ultimate behind the shed? ;)

• Upvote 2

For those of you who missed it on every other system. I backed the Kickstarter and played it on the Vita originally which had some shocking frame rate issues in a couple of scenes and I think it's the third best Broken Sword game after the first two.

• Upvote 2

On 01/08/2018 at 20:37, Alexlotl said:

Prime 3 got it all wrong. Get these talking, named characters the fuck out of my solitary adventure. What is this, Half Life 2?

Also, the GCs lock-on controls were better than the Wii’s free-look.

Prime 4 is a wait-and-see purchase, as a result. Prepared to lose the argument over free-look, but the solitude is a red line. 

Yeah, the GC lock-on was amazing. Bloody noisy with those analog shoulder buttons though. 

18 hours ago, ryodi said:

For those of you who missed it on every other system. I backed the Kickstarter and played it on the Vita originally which had some shocking frame rate issues in a couple of scenes and I think it's the third best Broken Sword game after the first two.

Excellent I've been meaning to play it for a while but always put it off dispite enjoying the others. Switch will be great for it.

• Upvote 1

Is there any risk involved in charging my Switch via a USB C to USB 3 cable plugged into a USB wall plug/charger? I vaguely recall stories about certain power banks having the potential to brick the Switch which makes me a little wary of charging it using anything but the supplied mains charger.

think as long as it's not a fast charging one, it's fine. I've used a few USB plugs with the cable that came with my pro controller.

I'm sure I've read something similar in here earlier, so sorry if I'm asking questions that have already been answered. 

My left joy con is playing up, but not just in wireless play. The left analogue stick appears to miss the bottom right corner entirely when doing quarter circles and seems generally unresponsive. Anyone had this?

Tried "updating controllers", sure that option didn't exist at launch, what does it do? Also tried actually turning the unit off and on again. Still really obvious. 

Out of warranty of course but still tempted to send it off to Nintendo to see what they do. Are they good/value for out of warranty repairs?

Ta!

14 minutes ago, Teeohbee said:

My left joy con is playing up, but not just in wireless play. The left analogue stick appears to miss the bottom right corner entirely when doing quarter circles and seems generally unresponsive. Anyone had this?

This is what my left joycon does when pushing right:

https://i.imgur.com/4dzlJc7.gifv

Only started doing it recently after gf played Toad for a week straight.

2 hours ago, ann coulter said:

Is there any risk involved in charging my Switch via a USB C to USB 3 cable plugged into a USB wall plug/charger? I vaguely recall stories about certain power banks having the potential to brick the Switch which makes me a little wary of charging it using anything but the supplied mains charger.

No risk at all with what you’re planning as it was USB A to C cables that didn’t have a resistor fitted that caused some issues. USB C to USB 3s are all fine. The other issue that you may be thinking of was with the mini docks that you could get (specifically & quite surprisingly the Nyko

one). Re power banks the only issue that I know of (from trying two) is that the Anker ones won’t charge the pro controller. 

• Upvote 1

This popped up in my feed for some reason and can someone tell me if this is a pisstake or not? Didn't make it further than five minutes...

Also isn't Nick Robinson the creepy sex dude? 

3 hours ago, wretcherd said:

This is what my left joycon does when pushing right:

https://i.imgur.com/4dzlJc7.gifv

Only started doing it recently after gf played Toad for a week straight.

That's exactly what my right joycon is doing.

i've got a label from Nintendo to send it back, but as it currently only seems to happen intermittently and it gives the Zelda camera a random cinematic director's mode, I'm living with it for the time being.

3 hours ago, joffocakes said:

There's a Nintendo Direct on Wednesday at 3pm; this one will apparently be focused on Smash Bros, for a change.

What more could they possibly have to talk about on Smash ffs?

• Upvote 3

It's my birthday this week ya . So might get Dead Cells and Okami. Then Monster Hunter. That will ride me over till whenever Prime 4 drops. 

Is Mark of the Ninja switch bound as well ? If so that's day one as well.

All these little games I'm enjoying so much as I get older. Hollow knight, Celeste,enter the gungeon,flinthook and bomb chicken. With a little splattering of Nintendo games. Just suits the system so much.

9 hours ago, joffocakes said:

There's a Nintendo Direct on Wednesday at 3pm; this one will apparently be focused on Smash Bros, for a change.

Yesss I guess that means we'll have a proper direct end of the month?

I've sneaked my Switch into work as everyones off.. been playing Iconoclasts all morning.  Man I love this game, is pure shooting fun and reminds me of Gunstar Heroes in sections.  If you've any doubts about it... don't worry it's truly awesome.