rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Lorfarius said:

Balls. No discounts for me :(

Was it a particular title you wanted? There is a sale every week, there's always something on offer....

Just now, rgraves said:

Was it a particular title you wanted? There is a sale every week, there's always something on offer....

Rocket League and Golf Story. Nothing major but a few quid saved is money saved :lol:

3 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Balls. No discounts for me :(

There are always things on sale. Apart from Stardew Valley which is great value as it is. 

The splatoon 2 deal is pretty good though. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Surely they can't do that. What if I buy another Switch but can't use the games I own on it? 

That's not the risk - if you've not allowed your games to be copied and pirated then there's no risk of them being banned.

The risk is that you have no way of knowing whether any second-hand cartridge you buy has been used in this way, and therefore banned. And if it has, not only will it not work properly, but you might find your whole account banned for (unknowingly) using a banned copy of the game. Which is why it could kill the second hand market - it would turn buying used carts into a game of Russian Roulette.

• Upvote 1

Presumably you'd return the faulty game to the retailer you bought it from, who would exchange or refund it?

It might kill off the 2nd hand market, but it sounds a bit like sensationalist journalism to me, I mean, how many people dump roms and upload? 

It's not like there are thousands and thousands of copies of Splatoon that will suddenly become useless, maybe a couple of dozen... worldwide...!

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

Woah that's blatant, is it Simon Stalenhag month?

Inspiration. I asked the new artist guy to have a look at these books (they're great) and do some sci-fi stuff that looked kind of similar. They're far too close for me to be comfortable and it'll need to change for the final game, but to show the direction we're heading I think they're good. We want the world to feel a bit like Vostok Inc imagined by Simon Stalenhag.

IMG_20180621_173958.jpg

• Upvote 4

Backed that no hesitation. 15 dollars for one including shipping. Bargain

How does this work, can any games be played vertically?

6 minutes ago, Dinobot said:

How does this work, can any games be played vertically?

Only ones that support being played in that mode.

2 minutes ago, Flub said:

Only ones that support being played in that mode.

I didn't realise any could!

49 minutes ago, Dinobot said:

I didn't realise any could!

Some of the shmups can. Donkey Kong. Namco Museum, Pinball FX3. Probably loads more

Basically every vertical shmup has tate (vertical) mode. All the Psikyo stuff pretty much. Danmaku Unlimited 3. Ikaruga. A few more. Brilliant news, looking forward to it. 

• Upvote 1

Gotta admire how in the KS video they try to turn the fact that you can’t charge while it’s in the flipgrip as a positive as it helps cooling. :lol:

9 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Rocket League and Golf Story. Nothing major but a few quid saved is money saved :lol:

Golf Story is coming to a cartridge at some point this year ( September ) through Limited Run Games, and as with all their Switch titles so far, it will be a pre-order system, so no need to wait on the site, hitting refresh at stupid times of the day, unless you want the actual lmited run special edition that they will more than likely produce.
If it's like their other titles, it should be about £30 for one with the shipping, not sure how cheap it is on the eshop, but it's nice to have a cart and box and at £30 it's more than reasonable :)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Pledged! I don't even know why :lol: Looked nice.

Same. Last thing I backed on Kicksharter was Pillars of Eternity so it’s been a while but that grip plus Ikaruga seems perfect. 

• Upvote 1

Haven't had a single issue so far, but I'm playing MK tonight in handheld and suddenly I feel a vibration from one of the joy cons (maybe the left one) and the game is telling me to reconnect a controller. L and R aren't doing anything. I disconnect and reconnect them, nothing. Eventually figure out that the left one shows as on the Switch, but the right one is listed as disconnected, even though that's not true. Only way to fix it was to power down the machine, and that's the first time I've done that.

Is this common?

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

Haven't had a single issue so far, but I'm playing MK tonight in handheld and suddenly I feel a vibration from one of the joy cons (maybe the left one) and the game is telling me to reconnect a controller. L and R aren't doing anything. I disconnect and reconnect them, nothing. Eventually figure out that the left one shows as on the Switch, but the right one is listed as disconnected, even though that's not true. Only way to fix it was to power down the machine, and that's the first time I've done that.

Is this common?

Ive had the right joycon disconnect a few times in the last few days.

Works if I detach them both from the Swirch itself, but have to rest can them both in order for them to work connected again.

Its a pain in the middle of a game of Fortnite.

My right joycon disconnects when I’m playing in the grip, I say me, I lump my kids with that. It’s fine when attached to the Switch though.

Any recommendations for grip cases? I get cramp after 30 minutes play and most of the cases seem to have "bumpers" which look like they'd help. All much the same? The Orzly one looks OK.

8 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Same. Last thing I backed on Kicksharter was Pillars of Eternity so it’s been a while but that grip plus Ikaruga seems perfect. 

Sorry to butt in on the shmup conversation but this is still due on Switch, isn't it?

Unbelievably, the game that has finally got me playing more Switch than Xbox is Fortnite!

The main reason is that the Pro Controller is so good! The rougher graphics don't bother me at all. When my son chooses the Switch and I have to play on Xbox (couch duo's fucking awesome btw) the Xbox controller feels really heavy, less grippy, and the thumbsticks and triggers aren't as good. The Pro Controller is great!