rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

11 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Christ. When did Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 come out?

Well, VC 3 was a Japan only PSP game. It's a shame it never came west, because from what I heard it was a pretty good game, but with small maps due to PSP limitations.

VC2? What's that? Never heard of it? How strange they would just pass over the number 2 and head straight to 3. Very odd. Oh well, VC4 should be good.

VC2 was solid gameplay wise, but had severe tonal problems. It was set in a military school for kids (late teens I guess, and indeed hope, as one of the oh-so-hilarious skits was based around females characters having to weigh their breasts) so all of the missions were 'training', except then they got dragged into a real war, so they started fighting in that but still with the same waifu japes. And there were about a million tiny missions all in repeating areas, rather than just 15 odd chapters of big missions. I can understand why they didn't bother bringing 3 over.

Looks like a free-to-play Monday Night Combat x Borderlands x 60fps on Switch. I'll have a go!

Mobile developer Madfinger Games is bringing its free to play shooter Shadowgun Legends to Switch, it has been confirmed.

This visually stunning FPS took Madfinger just two days to port to the Switch, thanks to the fact that it is built using the Unity engine. The company's previous efforts have all been mobile exclusives, aside from the original Shadowgun, which was released on the Android-based Ouya console - remember that?
----
Shadowgun Legends is already available on iOS and Google Play, where it has received a warm critical reception. It boasts over 500 weapons and more than 1000 pieces of armour, which can be earned in raid battles. Madfinger has stated that it is committed to putting the player first with an in-game live streaming system, "total transparency of the game and update development" and a "bulletproof" anti-cheat system.

Experience an epic story campaign, competitive and cooperative multiplayer, and an innovative social hub, all in one game!

In the futuristic world of Shadowgun Legends, humanity is under attack from a deadly alien invader. The last line of defence are the Shadowguns, legendary warriors and heroes. You are a young Shadowgun recruit with limitless potential who can turn the tide of war. So what are you waiting for? Join the fight and show the galaxy who’s boss!

THRILLING STORY CAMPAIGN
+ Save humanity from an alien invader in an epic Story Campaign spanning over 200+ mission on 4 diverse planets

CO-OP MISSIONS AND RAIDS
+ Join forces with up to three friends and defeat giant enemy bosses for glory and legendary loot

REAL-TIME PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER TEAM BATTLES
+ Fight your rivals in unique multiplayer game modes and diverse PvP arenas

RPG ELEMENTS AND CUSTOMIZATION
+ Choose from over 600 unique weapons including Handguns, Assault Rifles, Sub-Machine Guns, Heavy Machine Guns, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles and Rocket Launchers. From plasma beams to good old-fashioned lead bullets.
+ Collect over 1000 armor pieces and build your armor sets. Fortified juggernaut, sleek infiltrator or something else entirely? The choice is yours!
+ Make your Shadowgun stand out with 250+ cosmetic items
+ Pick your own skills and create your own playstyle - no classes, no restrictions!

INNOVATIVE SOCIAL FEATURES
+ Interact with other players, visit vendors, accept missions, party hard and much more in game’s persistent Hub
+ Chat with friends, create battle squads and form guilds

UNIQUE REWARD SYSTEM - FAME
+ Become a celebrity of the Shadowgun Universe
+ Get rewarded for how you play the game. Your every action is appreciated with our unique fame system. The more famous you are the more the world will react to your actions.

source 

2 hours ago, VN1X said:

Speaking of ports... I'm begging for this one!

I'm sure I played this and a thousand other games like it back in the day, fair play there is a game for all tastes but not feeling the love for this.

Did anyone else get their pre-order for Flashback delayed by Amazon as they couldn't "source" copies of the game?

Tossers - I just went elsewhere in the end

It's probably been answered, but just to check, there is no easy or semi affordable way to get a separate switch dock, power cable and hdmi cable (well the last one doesn't really matter). 

Heading away for a weekend with friends and thought it would be nice to take the switch with Mario Kart but I would prefer not to have to dismantle the current dock set up and just buy a separate set up to take with me. 

It looks like there aren't many third party solutions since some of them, allegedly, kill the console apparently and Nintendo being Nintendo sell the replacement dock for a very fair price of £80 but also neither Nintendo or any other retailer have any stock of them available. 

Is there another solution I should be looking at or are the only realistic options spending £80 on a separate dock pack (when they come back into stock) or committing the remaining portion of my life to untangling the wires behind my TV. In fairness, disconnecting my current dock is not the end of the world, I just thought there may be a obvious cost effective solution for people who want to take the switch travelling and connect it to a TV but not to have to dismantle the home dock every time they want to do it.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Just gave it a go. Literally unplayable for me as the camera controls are all wrong both x and y axis. Anyone with the Wii U version that can confirm there's an option to change camera controls? Can probably make my peace with the motion controlled pointer but would rather that wasn't there either.

3 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Just gave it a go. Literally unplayable for me as the camera controls are all wrong both x and y axis. Anyone with the Wii U version that can confirm there's an option to change camera controls? Can probably make my peace with the motion controlled pointer but would rather that wasn't there either.

You can on the Wii U.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

But are they wrong wrong or right wrong? Can't you confirm for us if you can change the axes? Surely they wouldn't disable that for a demo?

1 hour ago, sandman said:

Did anyone else get their pre-order for Flashback delayed by Amazon as they couldn't "source" copies of the game?

Yep, annoying. They were still showing as in stock when they sent that e-mail too. 

1 minute ago, SozzlyJoe said:

But are they wrong wrong or right wrong? Can't you confirm for us if you can change the axes? Surely they wouldn't disable that for a demo?

I mean they are just wrong for me, as I play with Y axis inverted. Doesn't seem to be a settings menu of any description in the demo.

3 minutes ago, deKay said:

You can on the Wii U.

That's a good sign then thanks. Just played it handheld and you can use the touch screen instead of the ultra sensitive pointer, so that helps.

1 minute ago, Nosejam said:

I mean they are just wrong for me, as I play with Y axis inverted. Doesn't seem to be a settings menu of any description in the demo.

Just wondering what the default was so I could know whether I was ruled out! If it's non-invert, I'm all right jack. For what it's worth, I was an inverter too a few years back, but I had to make a conscious effort to 'fix' myself, just played one too many game without the option. But I do feel your pain.

I got my copy of Flashback from Base.com with no difficulty. Don't know what was up with Amazon. 

Pressing left on the stick rotates clockwise which feels wrong but just found out you can use L1 which rotates it anticlockwise.

Pressing down on the stick raises the camera higher which would usually suit me but it doesn't feel right on this.

33 minutes ago, ymaohyd said:

Yep, annoying. They were still showing as in stock when they sent that e-mail too. 

2 hours ago, sandman said:

I did too....was annoyed last night that even though I had pre-ordered it and it was in stock I had an email that there would be a delay. I fired off a polite email to their customer service department and they came back with an apology and a £10 gift card applied to my account. I had ordered it when it was £29.99 and along with  my automatic £2 discount for game pre-orders meant it has cost me £17.99. Just checked my account and it will be here tomorrow. Seems like a result to me.

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

I got my copy of Flashback from Base.com with no difficulty. Don't know what was up with Amazon. 

Was it worth it?

Might as well pop this here. Google keep feeding me these vids and I must admit I get sucked in every time. I only watch the Smash character roster segment at the beginning and the Ridley reveal yet its kinda life affirming. I certainly wasn't a fan of Nintendo's conference, but there's something about watching the pure joy, which we get so so little of in this world now, on show here which is fantastic to see. Marvellous stuff.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SMD said:

Any decent eBay stores selling eshop credit?

I don't think they're allowed to any more, are they?

Nintendo Switch Handheld Console AC Adapter USB Type-C Connector Grey

REFURBISHED WITH A 12 MONTH TESCO OUTLET WARRANTY

£17.50

on Tesco eBay

21 minutes ago, deKay said:

I don't think they're allowed to any more, are they?

news to me

11 minutes ago, SMD said:

news to me

Couple of PSN card sellers I've used in the past, and a Now TV seller, were all kicked off for selling cards. Presumed eShop was the same rule.