Jump to content
rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Recommended Posts

Can't wait for Taisen Hot Gimmick, the pervy Psikyo arcade Mahjong game. I used to play a fair amount when I lived in China so I'll have those buxom KTV hostesses down to their 16-bit skimpies in no time. Another £6.99 well spent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

The shamelessness of the aesthetics has put me off a bit - looks like a VGA shareware clone of Super Metroid. That said, the likes of Jeremy Parish praise it to the rafters, so I should give it a chance. Might get the physical with CEX credit. 

 

Would be one of the worst reasons to pass up on this. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Can't wait for Taisen Hot Gimmick, the pervy Psikyo arcade Mahjong game. I used to play a fair amount when I lived in China so I'll have those buxom KTV hostesses down to their 16-bit skimpies in no time. Another £6.99 well spent. 

 

Is it a proper mahjongg game or a Shanghai type?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, deKay said:

 

Is it a proper mahjongg game or a Shanghai type?

 

I believe it's proper mahjongg, albeit with 'special items' which allow you to discard tiles and stuff, and punish your opponent. It looks like mahjong but arcadey, essentially, with a Psikyo spin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the ‘mistake’ of buying Vostok this morning. 3 hours later and I’m still not making money fast enough! This game has an insidiously addictive hook that makes it very hard to put down. The shooting bits make for a good palette cleanser between gathering moolah and spending it again; the amount of upgrades, unlockables, collectibles and achievements flying around all the time makes for a very compulsive game. There’s alway just one more little thing to do before switching it off!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Steredenn is really quite tough. 

That'll teach you for making me buy it based on the soundtrack alone! :angry:

 

But yeah as soon as I reach the Cruiser type boss I'm done for. That game is no joke! I'm giving it a break for now but I'll get back to it as soon as I'm done with Graceful Explosion Machine though. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah definitely a Handheld Moder™ for me as well. Which is why I love the Switch so much as it introduced me to titles I'd otherwise never play on the big screen. It's crazy how easy it is to get into a lil' shooter like Steredenn (or any game for that matter) within mere seconds; even going so far as to being able to pick up right where you left off. Love it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, deKay said:

Is there a list anywhere of which JP eShop games have an English option?

 

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

NSFW Game. :o

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

:sherlock:

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a stupid question, but with No Man's Sky now coming to Xbox, what is the likelihood of it turning up on Switch at some point? I followed the development of that game with interest, knowing full well my life wouldn't accommodate a game of that scope. But having clocked up 150 hours on BOTW, simply by being able to take it to bed, makes me hope we might see this game too.

 

Or am I being pointlessly optimistic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Twinbee said:

Probably a stupid question, but with No Man's Sky now coming to Xbox, what is the likelihood of it turning up on Switch at some point? I followed the development of that game with interest, knowing full well my life wouldn't accommodate a game of that scope. But having clocked up 150 hours on BOTW, simply by being able to take it to bed, makes me hope we might see this game too.

 

Or am I being pointlessly optimistic?

 

I think we'll see a lot of late ports to the Switch, perhaps the Arkham trilogy, Mass Effect and FF13. Anything that would look good on the Switch but not require massive effort.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first three (including that not Rocksteady one), yes - but Arkham Knight pushes current gen machines pretty hard. Would be something of an effort to get it running on Switch. But Asylum and City would be great and they just got HD ports so why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

The first three (including that not Rocksteady one), yes - but Arkham Knight pushes current gen machines pretty hard. Would be something of an effort to get it running on Switch. But Asylum and City would be great and they just got HD ports so why not?

 

Nintendo seems to have documented UE4 well and given that the work to remaster the first two games from UE3 to 4 has already been done, it doesn't seem like it would be a mammoth task to port Arkham Knight.

 

Might actually get a working PC port out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SMD said:

 

Nintendo seems to have documented UE4 well and given that the work to remaster the first two games from UE3 to 4 has already been done, it doesn't seem like it would be a mammoth task to port Arkham Knight.

 

Might actually get a working PC port out of it.

It's not vanilla UE but a heavily modified and customised version (of 3 even instead of 4 iirc). Hence how much trouble they had getting a PC version up and running - and it's to this day still a bit fucked. Nintendo's documenting of UE doesn't help at all here afaik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.