rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Maybe but it's unlikely. Piracy doesn't seem to be a big problem at the moment.

Tell Rare that

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Kirby said:

You have too much time on your hands.

You have apparently never visited memegenerator.net. "It's the fastest way to generate a meme! Try it now!"

According to the person I spoke with when I mentioned the EU stuff "it isn't company policy".

And the reason I bought from Game is because they were the only retailer who still had Neon machines for launch and I had a load of stuff to trade in.

God alive if being able to return products a year after launch was around before then Ms and Sony would have been fucked. PS1's and 2's fell over all the time and as for early 360's...

It also suggests there are few obstacles to using a plain-jane USB-C-over-DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter as a mobile dock

This part is certainly old news. 

Just started playing Axiom Verge seeing as it’s only a tenner on the eshop. 

Not sure I've ever played a game which is a bigger rip-off of Super Metroid. 

Seems decent enough so far, half an hour in, even if the controls are a little off. 

22 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Just started playing Axiom Verge seeing as it’s only a tenner on the eshop. 

Not sure I've ever played a game which is a bigger rip-off of Super Metroid. 

Seems decent enough so far, half an hour in, even if the controls are a little off. 

It feels a lot like Super Metroid but it only really is in terms of graphics and basic gameplay. The upgrades are very different, puzzles different, weapons different. And the story, of course.

I'm fine with that.

• Upvote 3

The shamelessness of the aesthetics has put me off a bit - looks like a VGA shareware clone of Super Metroid. That said, the likes of Jeremy Parish praise it to the rafters, so I should give it a chance. Might get the physical with CEX credit. 

A nice and busy Easter weekend for Switch. Piranha Pit arrives in Splatoon 2 and a Global Testpunch comes to Arms.

Can't wait for Taisen Hot Gimmick, the pervy Psikyo arcade Mahjong game. I used to play a fair amount when I lived in China so I'll have those buxom KTV hostesses down to their 16-bit skimpies in no time. Another £6.99 well spent. 

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

It has ace music. 

The track that sounds like a Thai choir is incredible.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

The shamelessness of the aesthetics has put me off a bit - looks like a VGA shareware clone of Super Metroid. That said, the likes of Jeremy Parish praise it to the rafters, so I should give it a chance. Might get the physical with CEX credit. 

Would be one of the worst reasons to pass up on this. :) 

11 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Can't wait for Taisen Hot Gimmick, the pervy Psikyo arcade Mahjong game. I used to play a fair amount when I lived in China so I'll have those buxom KTV hostesses down to their 16-bit skimpies in no time. Another £6.99 well spent. 

Is it a proper mahjongg game or a Shanghai type?

40 minutes ago, deKay said:

Is it a proper mahjongg game or a Shanghai type?

I believe it's proper mahjongg, albeit with 'special items' which allow you to discard tiles and stuff, and punish your opponent. It looks like mahjong but arcadey, essentially, with a Psikyo spin. 

I made the ‘mistake’ of buying Vostok this morning. 3 hours later and I’m still not making money fast enough! This game has an insidiously addictive hook that makes it very hard to put down. The shooting bits make for a good palette cleanser between gathering moolah and spending it again; the amount of upgrades, unlockables, collectibles and achievements flying around all the time makes for a very compulsive game. There’s alway just one more little thing to do before switching it off!

• Upvote 1

Is there a list anywhere of which JP eShop games have an English option?

55 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Steredenn is really quite tough. 

That'll teach you for making me buy it based on the soundtrack alone! :angry:

But yeah as soon as I reach the Cruiser type boss I'm done for. That game is no joke! I'm giving it a break for now but I'll get back to it as soon as I'm done with Graceful Explosion Machine though. 

• Upvote 1

I bought it a week ago almost, but only got around to it this morning and had my arse handed to me. Think this is one for handheld mode rather than docked. 

Oh yeah definitely a Handheld Moder™ for me as well. Which is why I love the Switch so much as it introduced me to titles I'd otherwise never play on the big screen. It's crazy how easy it is to get into a lil' shooter like Steredenn (or any game for that matter) within mere seconds; even going so far as to being able to pick up right where you left off. Love it!