rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

37 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

"Nindies showcase"

"What about the BIGGEST GAME IN THE WORLD, any chance of that being there?"

Sorrt, just thought it was funny. I hope for you that it's there, but it seems like waaaaay too big an announcement for just a small showcase. I can't think of any other third party title that would be a bigger get, not even GTA or COD

I thought Fortnite was from an independent studio. Apologies 

12 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I thought Fortnite was from an independent studio. Apologies 

Well yeah, you're probably right that Epic is independent. DOTA2 is probably also technically an indie game? But regardless, Fortnite is massive at the moment, bigger than almost (if not every) non-indie AAA game out there. That means such a reveal sounds more like E3 megaton material to me. But who knows, I'm just going by my gut feeling.

No need to apologise! You don't even know if I'm right, I just post a lot :P

I’m seeing more Switches on my commute now. There were the two guys I’d seen before last night in the same carriage and tonight I’m sat opposite a girl playing mariokart on her neon switch. 

Including me on my train it’s neon 3, grey 1. :D

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, bradigor said:

I think the lack of actual save points adds to this, as you never get to a natural stopping point. The devious fuckers!

You can manual save from the menu. I think Stardew has a more evil save system than ours. It ONLY saves at the end of a day, and then you've got the whole "ooh I wonder what tomorrow will bring?" lucky dip thing going on. "I'll just have a look what crops are ready, then turn off". Except you inevitably end up picking a few crops... by which time 2 minutes of real time has passed. Nothing in the grand scheme of things, but that's 2 hours of hard labour... you don't want to waste that... plus, maybe the travelling salesperson has some good stuff, or Krobus might have an iridium sprinkler... Oh look it's already 1am... and irl it's 3am... fuck... 

• Upvote 3

I have to admit that I'd never heard of West of Loathing before but the reviews of the PC version are excellent, with particular praise for the writing/humour.

I was looking on the eshop the other day and I saw some game called (I think) We Are The Police, I watched a video on it and whilst it looked interesting, I couldn’t really tell what sort of a game it was. Anyone got it?

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Well yeah, you're probably right that Epic is independent. DOTA2 is probably also technically an indie game? But regardless, Fortnite is massive at the moment, bigger than almost (if not every) non-indie AAA game out there. That means such a reveal sounds more like E3 megaton material to me. But who knows, I'm just going by my gut feeling.

No need to apologise! You don't even know if I'm right, I just post a lot :P

The only reason I can imagine it hasn't been announced yet (while it's already out to buy on flipping mobile(!)) is that it'll be an E3 'we're delighted to announced Fortnite will be available to play on your Switch from the end of this presentation' mega-bomb.

Dunno if this was mentioned in here yet:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/20/17144598/hyper-light-drifter-nintendo-switch-release-date

Never got round to playing it before, despite having it sat on various watch and wishlists across assorted accounts. As always, particularly with less-likely-to-be-performance-sapping titles, Switch would be the preferred format to finally play it on.

(In before somecunt points out that Hyper Light Drifter continually slowed down like fuck on PS4 or something).

• Upvote 3

Anyone played that Metropolis game? Looks interesting (not just because of boobs). Film noir puzzle quest?

Also just bought Sparkle 2 Evo: Definitely Not Flow Honest, mainly because it's about £1.20 and means I could preorder No Thing for 89p. I have no idea what that is but for 89p I'll buy pretty much any old shit and it looked unusual.

If you have Sparkle 2, 3, either Frederick game or a couple of other titles you could get No Thing for 89p too and join me on Thursday when we say What The Actual Fuck Is This?

Also it downloaded already even though it isn't out yet so lol dunno.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Kirby said:

Doom is £10 on most platforms, I'm amazed at the price difference for Nintendo :blink:

It was released 18 months earlier on most platforms.