rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Banner Saga 1 is great although I've only played about 50% of it on ipad (hate gaming on a tablet or phone) - doesn't seem like we should buy 3 until 1 and 2 are out though.

I'm not really sure why it wasn't just lumped in with the Direct last week though. I think a ten minute compilation of half a dozen trailers is borderline unnecessary. 

1 minute ago, scottcr said:

I'm still waiting on fucking Nidhog 1 - the switch is PERFECT for it.

Surely at this point it would be Nidhogg 2?

I could see it happening though, given that the first game is owned by about 700k people on Steam but the sequel is only owned by about 35k. 

2 minutes ago, scottcr said:

I'm still waiting on fucking Nidhog 1 - the switch is PERFECT for it.

They've only just added (currently limited to certain devs) support for the Switch to Game Maker 2. Nidhogg was Game Maker 1. So it's possible, but you've some wait. The first GM2 game (Undertale) isn't due out until September.

Just now, Radish said:

I'm not really sure why it wasn't just lumped in with the Direct last week though. I think a ten minute compilation of half a dozen trailers is borderline unnecessary. 

Probably because they'd be lost among other announcements, this instead gives them room to breathe. Plus you'd have some people complaining that Nintendo are wasting time on Indie titles rather than new original IP. 

I like it being split into smaller 10-15 minutes showcases. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Radish said:

Because they would have been smothered by the Smash trailer, like nearly everything else in that direct was. The whole point of these Nindie Directs is to give indies their own spotlight where they can breathe.

• Upvote 2

They wouldn't really be though, would they? Smash is just one headline. A big one, sure, but people are capable of being excited about more than one thing at a time (hence why Directs and press conferences work). 

I just don't think that giving (as a random example) Pool Panic a spot in a ten minute Nindies Showcase on a random Tuesday in March means it's more likely to be remembered in several months time, than if it was included in the big Direct (which is likely to be more memorable as an event). 

Just now, Radish said:

They wouldn't really be though, would they? Smash is just one headline. A big one, sure, but people are capable of being excited about more than one thing at a time (hence why Directs and press conferences work). 

Have you seen the reaction videos online?  Smash fans are mental.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

My big hope is Wargroove getting a release date (or even an 'Available right now!!')

I looked at their website earlier - aiming for release in second half of 2018 

Lumines, Banner Saga and Mark of the Ninja all passed me by so count me very interested. Really liked the look of that Medieval-style Papers Please card thing too.

Looks like Tiny Build have something about to pop up too.

• Upvote 1

Lumines Remastered is coming out on all platforms but the Switch version has Trance Vibration mode to "sync multiple controllers and feel the rhythm across your body!"

giphy.gif

image.thumb.png.60b7977d8923b377f2dccfa01263dcb8.png

• Upvote 2

Interesting how folks are interested in different bits of the full gamut here. Also good to see that the majority of these will be new releases rather than old Steam 'name' indies, which is what I expected. Also interesting how they tend not to show new stuff at these Directs and showcases. There's always people asking for more footage of game X which has already been announced but they're seemingly not doing that and just showing announcements of new stuff to come. I like it.

I'm interested in Bad North, if that was the name, and the bullet hell rhythm game, seems great. I might play The Banner Saga on Switch, too. I wouldn't bother otherwise. Light Fall also looks up my street but it's got its work cut out to compete with Celeste. 

22 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Doom is £10 on most platforms, I'm amazed at the price difference for Nintendo :blink:

Yeah I want to play it and I'd prefer to use gyro for aiming but I might as well just buy it for much cheaper (and with better performance) on PS4.

Hopefully there will be a few other games worth picking up in the sale, though. 

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Odds on Fortnite being announced? Or has that hit E3 Direct levels?

"Nindies showcase"

"What about the BIGGEST GAME IN THE WORLD, any chance of that being there?"

Sorrt, just thought it was funny. I hope for you that it's there, but it seems like waaaaay too big an announcement for just a small showcase. I can't think of any other third party title that would be a bigger get, not even GTA or COD

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Yeah I want to play it and I'd prefer to use gyro for aiming but I might as well just buy it for much cheaper (and with better performance) on PS4.

Hopefully there will be a few other games worth picking up in the sale, though. 

It actually plays really well as a handheld game. Plus it's just an awesome game full stop.

• Upvote 1