deKay

Nintendo Switch

Some didn't understand what Wii U was when it was first announced. I understood then but they've completely messed with my silly little brain on this one. No idea what they're going on about.

It's got a new name at least. I thought the Wii U was an add on for the Wii until it had been out for about a year and I decided to Google for any rumours of Nintendo working on the next gen machine it transpired they'd already brought out.

NX is rather bland compared to previous codenames (Ultra 64, Dolphin, Revolution), much like most of their current line-up of games - haha!

• Downvote 5

The New Nintendo Wii U (& Knuckles)

Like the new 3DS, a bit of a power boost for running stuff like Unity games, allows you to migrate games/account from the old one. Drops tablet for cost reasons and instead supports some optional DeNA Android/iOS streaming app. Some New Wii U games may not be compatible with old Wii U games. Does not feature a cable for plugging into the wall.

NX is rather bland compared to previous codenames (Ultra 64, Dolphin, Revolution), much like most of their current line-up of games - haha!

Beats sports tape.

My shot in the dark: it's a new DS (with easy porting from consoles yada yada), except the top screen now has a capactive touchscreen that can swivel around so you can play the touchscreen phone ports too. Game-changer! Or something.

They wouldn't. And Nintendo aren't good at software (not games), they're years behind the times. I mean, they've just announced an account system.

Woo, I can finally buy Nintendo hardware again!

I can't get my head around why they'd make this announcement so early with zero information coming until next year. I've been toying with the idea of finally getting a WiiU this year but stuff like this just makes me want to hold fire. For all I know the NX could be backwards compatible making it well worth me waiting. Seems like a sure fire way of killing WiiU sales dead.

• Upvote 1

I think it was to cement the fact they're not moving away from their own hardware. Had they announced going mobile and nothing else people would have instantly gone "BUT WHAT ABOUT GAMES FOR YOUR OWN HARDWARE?!". Confirming a follow up to the Wii U is coming says they're still fully committed to providing the experiences we expect from them.

I can't get my head around why they'd make this announcement so early with zero information coming until next year. I've been toying with the idea of finally getting a WiiU this year but stuff like this just makes me want to hold fire. For all I know the NX could be backwards compatible making it well worth me waiting. Seems like a sure fire way of killing WiiU sales dead.

Which probably means the WiiU sales are terrible and that SmaBra and Mario Kart sold bonkers… to an already saturated market. They've been doing this for so many years, they probably can read the numbers and know when the game is up for a console. Though I also believe this is more a counter-argument now that Sega kind of pulled out completely and their move would be misinterpreted.

God, this E3 is going to be so disappointing when we already know there's nothing about the NX. I also guess that means I can effectively skip the 3DS and WiiU altogether as whatever new Metroid will be launched, it will be NX.

Confirming a follow up to the Wii U is coming says they're still fully committed to providing the experiences we expect from them.

More GameCube updates? Thank goodness.

• Downvote 1

Unless it's literally NX (N-10)..

You can ~kinda~ fudge it that they've had 10 hardware iterations.. (if you bundle the GBA with the original and forget the VB as thoroughly as Nintendo themselves..)

NES, Gameboy, SNES, N64, DS, Gamecube, Wii, 3DS, Wii U, NX

Honestly though, imagine if they unveil NX at this E3? Alongside the open world Zelda running on it, and the new Star Fox. A new Nintendo console launching with an open world Zelda and a brand new Star Fox. :omg: Not forgetting the obligatory video from third party developers promising how it'll be different this time, honest, and we're so happy and excited to be working with Nintendo!

God, this E3 is going to be so disappointing when we already know there's nothing about the NX. I also guess that means I can effectively skip the 3DS and WiiU altogether as whatever new Metroid will be launched, it will be NX.

giphy.gif

Zelda WiiU? Star Fox WiiU?

• Upvote 2

I'd be very surprised if the NX is backwards compatible with the Wii U. Even Nintendo must realise that it can't stick with outdated PowerPC processor tech forever.

If they are going with a mobile form factor.. perhaps they'll jump to whatever the next Intel Atom will be running small tablets of the day.. they won't want it costing much more than a mid-range iPad mini..

Something like a future equivalent of those little 7-8" Linx tablets..

No way am I buying new hardware until Christmas 2017. Fuck that.

And I really doubt they'll delay Zelda and Starfox that long. That would be the best way to fuck your fans off.

It'll launch with New Super Mario Bros X.

It'll have micro-transactions, calling it now.

Maybe you can buy better music.

• Downvote 1

I am the Metroid addict. I despise certain forms of Zelda.

Zelda, Star Fox and Metroid as 1st party launch titles.

:omg:

Back compatability via using your 3DS/2DS as a Gamepad.

SOLD!