deKay

Nintendo Switch

9 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Hellblade out today on switch. Great game and looks like a really good port. 

Might be the most impressive visuals I've seen on Switch.

seems this is digital only. £24.99 on UK store or 319 Rand on South African store which is about £17.50. Always fancied this. Very tempted at that price.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, cohen205 said:

Artistically, its Zelda for me. It might not have the proper HD 60FPS 4K bullshit.... but in my eyes, it just looks simply glorious.

This, people hark on about the Switch being under powered next to the current gen but they forget great art direction is more important. You look at Anthem, Battlefield, etc they all look like the same, no doubt time and resources have been spent developing designing but its just so bland giving the enormous power behind these titles.

• Upvote 6

On 02/04/2018 at 16:59, Orko said:

Darkside Detective is back on the eshop for £12.99. 

It's a fairly simple point and click in which you play Detective Francis McQueen, who works in the Darkside Division of Twin Lakes police department, and who, with rookie cop Dooley, investigates all the supernatural going on in the town. The game presents you with a number of case files to work through, each about 45 minutes long so far based on the three I've done (which the first being shorter), so the game is fairly short. 

There doesn't seem to be an overarching story to tie the cases together, which is a shame. The writing is pretty funny, and each case has a pun for a name, such as the one about a spooky book in the library being called "Tome Alone", but the puzzles are very simplistic and won't challenge old-school point and click aficionados - a lot of "combine A with B to make C" type stuff. The music is great, all 80s spooky synth, and the pixel art graphics are nice to look at. 

Worth a punt, although possibly wait for a sale given how short it looks to be. 

I just finished this off on the PC, you're looking at about four to five hours all up. It's pure point and click and chock full of old school adventure puzzles and dad jokes.

There is a demo up on Steam if you want to give it a try. And it has a great soundtrack as well. Very "Stranger Things" vibe to it.

THere's a great review here https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/07/28/the-darkside-detective-review/

On 08/04/2019 at 11:58, Rayn said:

Yeah, I know. Things got a bit messed up, but that's mostly due to how the subs work. If you pay for a single user sub and later decide to upgrade it to a family sub, you wont get the family sub activated on your account before the current single user sub runs out, they wont merge or overlap, they simply stack individually. As the kids got their Switches months apart, they got their individual subs, and as I couldn't simply make one of their subs into a family sub immediately, I purchased one for myself as soon as my wife wanted to start playing. I'll move my kids over to my sub as soon as their subs ends. 

Oh Nintendo :facepalm:

Has anyone been able to associate their Nintendo account with their 2K account for use in Civ VI? Every time I start it up it asks me to authorise the link, and I do, and I get an email from Nintendo saying that it has been done and it's in my Nintendo account as a link. However, in my 2K account it's not linked, and when I try to link it in my 2K account it says that Nintendo account is already associated with a different 2K account and to log in with that. Except I don't have another one so can't.

2K support haven't responded, and one post I found on a Civ forum says it works if you give 2K permission to see your Date of Birth on the Nintendo account, but that doesn't work either.

I'm guessing when I linked it it created a "shadow" 2K account rather than use my actual 2K account, but they both have the same email address and now it's fucked.

If I can't link the account I can't use cloud saves or play multiplayer :(

I've just ordered a 128gb sd card... how easy is it to transfer my stuff off my current card? Can I do it all on a pc? Or are there some Nintendo style shenanigans? 

5 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I've just ordered a 128gb sd card... how easy is it to transfer my stuff off my current card? Can I do it all on a pc? Or are there some Nintendo style shenanigans? 

Honestly, it’s quicker just to download them all again if you have half decent internet. All of your games will still show up on the home screen if you swap to a new memory card, but will have a cloud icon. Selecting one will download it again. Just download the most important ones first, then the rest overnight or whenever you need them.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Honestly, it’s quicker just to download them all again if you have half decent internet. All of your games will still show up on the home screen if you swap to a new memory card, but will have a cloud icon. Selecting one will download it again. Just download the most important ones first, then the rest overnight or whenever you need them.

:) Indeed this is what I do whenever I change anything phone, console whatever.

Its also a great way of having a clearout too! Had an issue with my PS4 a few weeks back and had to reformat my hard drive but only re-downloaded a few titles I really enjoyed playing.

One reason I haven't bought a big memory card for the Switch (indeed haven't even put a memory card in the swtch!!!) is because I tend to play and have a couple of games on the go at a time. Also limits my choice too so I don't spend 5 minutes trying to decide what to play! :D

I also understand people like their collection on hand at all times though... :)  

12 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Cheers. Will do. My internet is decent enough... save games are all kept on the internal memory right? 

32 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Cheers. Will do. My internet is decent enough... save games are all kept on the internal memory right? 

They are. 

I've only had my Switch for two or three weeks, but I've started to get an error message whenever I try to play my Mario Kart cart undocked.

It gets to different points each time, sometimes letting me right into a race, then says 'This software was closed because an error occurred.'

Strangely though, it plays docked. I've tried deleting the game data, I've powered off the Switch and back on again (although I was mostly using it in sleep mode before), and I've taken the cartridge out and put it back in again. No luck though.

The only other games I have are digital, and they seem to work fine.

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Butters said:

I've only had my Switch for two or three weeks, but I've started to get an error message whenever I try to play my Mario Kart cart undocked.

It gets to different points each time, sometimes letting me right into a race, then says 'This software was closed because an error occurred.'

Strangely though, it plays docked. I've tried deleting the game data, I've powered off the Switch and back on again (although I was mostly using it in sleep mode before), and I've taken the cartridge out and put it back in again. No luck though.

The only other games I have are digital, and they seem to work fine.

Any suggestions?

Save everything and do a factory reset?

23 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

It's dead easy on PC - Just insert the new card into your Switch and let it format the card, then just copy everything from the old card to the new one on your PC and away you go. That was all I did with no problems at all. It is much more hit and miss on a Mac though apparently.

• Upvote 1

G-LOC, Herzog Zwei, Wonder Boy in Monster Land and Shinobi are on the way to the Switch as part of Sega Ages.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, rgraves said:

It's dead easy on PC - Just insert the new card into your Switch and let it format the card, then just copy everything from the old card to the new one on your PC and away you go. That was all I did with no problems at all. It is much more hit and miss on a Mac though apparently.

Nah, it’s exactly the same on the Mac too.

On 14/04/2019 at 09:58, Stoppy2000 said:

I have just transferred a nearly full 128gb to a 200gb on a laptop.

Put the old card into the reader. Drag and drop the file Nintendo to desktop.

Make sure the new card has been formatted on the Switch. Then do the reverse to the above on to your new card.

Took around an hour and a half which seems along time but quicker than to redownload everything. As your going to a 128gb card it should not take so long.

• Upvote 1

Good afternoon.

Does anyone mind pointing me in the direction of that nice, vertical Switch grip there was doing the rounds a couple of months back?  Can't remember the name of it for the life of me and I'm rather eager to get back into a bit of vertical shmuping (oo-er).

Thanks in advance!

I remember some forumites getting mileage out of the 8Bitdo 6 button Genesis/MD controller for Switch earlier in the thread.

Worth a punt? It's be for 3S. OBVS.

Although I would prefer if they did the actual Saturn pad.

30 minutes ago, TheShend said:

I remember some forumites getting mileage out of the 8Bitdo 6 button Genesis/MD controller for Switch earlier in the thread.

Worth a punt? It's be for 3S. OBVS.

Although I would prefer if they did the actual Saturn pad.

Yep; I love it. It's been a while since I last used a real Saturn pad to be honest but it feels as reliable as I remember those dpads being.

Nice and light, battery life is decent. I've used it primarily for Necro antics and it's been a wonderful time. I'll likely give it a go on Fightcade sometime too.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Yep; I love it. It's been a while since I last used a real Saturn pad to be honest but it feels as reliable as I remember those dpads being.

Nice and light, battery life is decent. I've used it primarily for Necro antics and it's been a wonderful time. I'll likely give it a go on Fightcade sometime too.

In.

I'm on that free year of Nintendo online with Twitch Prime.

I'll hit you up for a friend code when the pad arrives for some sparring.

11 hours ago, deKay said:

Nah, it’s exactly the same on the Mac too.

Nope it completely refuses to work on Mac OS.

Had to resort to using my sons Windows laptop which was fine but would not work for love or money on my MacBook 

Damn; I only had mine for 5 months and one of the joy-cons is already malfunctioning. Is this a rare thing, or are Nintendo's usually relatively high standards for their build quality finally slipping?

4 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Damn; I only had mine for 5 months and one of the joy-cons is already malfunctioning. Is this a rare thing, or are Nintendo's usually relatively high standards for their build quality finally slipping?

Joycon issues, especially the left one 'drifting', are fairly common.