deKay

Nintendo Switch

Sniper Elite v2 Remastered AND Sniper Elite 3 'Ultimate Edition' on the way....

Sniper Elite V2 Remastered: As announced in a stunning gameplay trailer, Sniper Elite V2 Remastered launches on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch in 2019. Fans can return to Berlin and revisit an epic campaign set in the final moments of World War 2. Offering stunningly enhanced graphics, 4K resolution and HDR display, this is the visually definitive version of Sniper Elite V2. It will introduce new playable characters, a brand new photo mode, expanded online multiplayer for up to 16 combatants, as well as all the content ever released for the game. Sniper Elite V2 Remastered will be released both digitally and at retail later this year.

Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition: Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition is also coming to the Switch in 2019, offering intense sniping in soaring temperatures, all on the go. This feature-complete experience includes all the additional content ever released for the game, and Switch-exclusive local wireless multiplayer and motion controls. Fans can look out for more details soon.

• Upvote 2

On 11/03/2019 at 21:56, joffocakes said:

I should give that 6-button Mega Drive pad from 8bitdo a try.

I did! It arrived earlier today. It charges by USB C (a cable is in the box) and turning it on by holding Y and Start activates its Switch mode. Then you just pair it and it's good to go.

The dpad is definitely the best I've used on Switch. The best I've used since Sega Saturn actually. It's very good for Street Fighter. It's small and very light too so it's less hassle to carry around than an arcade stick or modern pad. I won a load of 3rd Strike matches online and rarely were my losses due to failed inputs. I highly recommend it, especially after the disappointment of the HORI dpad Joy-Con. 

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Anyone ever tried a Hori PS4 (or PS3) stick on the Switch?

Have tried a Hori VLX (PS4) and a madcatz SFxT (PS3) with a Switch via a brooks converter.  They work fine. 

• Upvote 1

On 15/03/2019 at 00:24, joffocakes said:

I did! It arrived earlier today. It charges by USB C (a cable is in the box) and turning it on by holding Y and Start activates its Switch mode. Then you just pair it and it's good to go.

The dpad is definitely the best I've used on Switch. The best I've used since Sega Saturn actually. It's very good for Street Fighter. It's small and very light too so it's less hassle to carry around than an arcade stick or modern pad. I won a load of 3rd Strike matches online and rarely were my losses due to failed inputs. I highly recommend it, especially after the disappointment of the HORI dpad Joy-Con. 

Any idea if there's a way for this pad to also work on the PS4? I'd like a small light wireless pad that works on both consoles.

It has been brought to my attention that there is to be a demo of Splatoon 2 made available over the next few days. I’ve somehow never played it, and I might be the only one left, so this information is probably only of relevance to me. 

Really? I wonder if it's just the solo stuff or if they'll let you try out some Turf Wars. Because you really need to play the online game to know what it's all about.

Edit: looks like all modes. You really should...

It's kind of decent actually - the demo (which features Turf War, Salmon Run, League Battle, and Ranked Battle) also gives you a free 7 day trial of the online sub and also 33% off Splatoon if you do then decide to buy during the demo period (which you really should, as it's ACE).

Be RUDE not to. RUDE.

Oh, that is a nice offer - all of the game modes and a week's online sub. I mean, the 33% off will be offsetting the sub that you need to play online, but it's a decent slice of demo.

20 minutes ago, rgraves said:

It's kind of decent actually - the demo (which features Turf War, Salmon Run, League Battle, and Ranked Battle) also gives you a free 7 day trial of the online sub and also 33% off Splatoon if you do then decide to buy during the demo period (which you really should, as it's ACE).

Be RUDE not to. RUDE.

It is time for me to jump in 

1 hour ago, scottcr said:

It is time for me to jump in 

How on earth has it taken you this long!? Brace yourself, it's bloody glorious.

Just make sure you get to at least level 10 - that way the ranked stuff will unlock alongside the standard turf war mode.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, rgraves said:

How on earth has it taken you this long!? Brace yourself, it's bloody glorious.

Just make sure you get to at least level 10 - that way the ranked stuff will unlock alongside the standard turf war mode.

Mainly because I mostly game on the train and the plane so online games are a bit of a problem for me... I loved the single player in splatoon but it was too short

1 hour ago, The Mighty Ash said:

30 Minutes!

Wait, whhhuuutttt? Another? Excellent stuff. Thanks. Hopefully my boy Rolling Gunner will make an appearance, the best modern shmup in a long time. 

Part of me wants to download the Splatoon demo and another part of me doesn't want to get hooked and almost certainly having to find the monet to buy the full game.

Stupid sexy Nintendo.

• Upvote 1

How beginner friendly is Splatoon 2? My 6 year old son is badgering me to get it but I'm worried he wouldn't have any fun in the online mode? Does it have a tutorial/decent single player mode? Also I presume it doesn't have the usual pitfalls of playing online - i.e. no swearing etc?

2 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

30 Minutes!

20th March is the first day of Spring. 

My Time At Portia had a release date of "Spring". 

My Time At Portia to be released after this Showcase ends :omg:

22 minutes ago, Azrael said:

20th March is the first day of Spring. 

My Time At Portia had a release date of "Spring". 

My Time At Portia to be released after this Showcase ends :omg:

Not before Untitled Goose Game. :quote:

Or My Friend Pedro. :quote:

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

How beginner friendly is Splatoon 2? My 6 year old son is badgering me to get it but I'm worried he wouldn't have any fun in the online mode? Does it have a tutorial/decent single player mode? Also I presume it doesn't have the usual pitfalls of playing online - i.e. no swearing etc?

There's a fairly extensive single-player mode, and more if you buy the octo expansion (although it's not super-easy). No voice chat in the basic game - just 'Booyah', 'This way' and 'Ouch' emotes, so no great griefing there. Most annoying is the post-splat view of the opponent who splatted you, who will take great pleasure in bobbing up and down in victory.

There's the *very* occasional off-colour picture posted in the plaza, but you can turn off the option to view other peoples posts there (basically, you can draw profile pics and they appear in the plaza of people you play against. I've seen maybe a handful of pics with dicks/swear words drawn in them over the last couple of years; mostly seems to be kids drawing sweet pics about how much they love splatoon; oh, and memes :rolleyes:).

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, smac said:

There's a fairly extensive single-player mode, and more if you buy the octo expansion (although it's not super-easy). No voice chat in the basic game - just 'Booyah', 'This way' and 'Ouch' emotes, so no great griefing there. Most annoying is the post-splat view of the opponent who splatted you, who will take great pleasure in bobbing up and down in victory.

There's the *very* occasional off-colour picture posted in the plaza, but you can turn off the option to view other peoples posts there (basically, you can draw profile pics and they appear in the plaza of people you play against. I've seen maybe a handful of pics with dicks/swear words drawn in them over the last couple of years; mostly seems to be kids drawing sweet pics about how much they love splatoon; oh, and memes :rolleyes:).

Cheers. I'll give it a go. My wallet might regret this...