deKay

Nintendo Switch

We laugh, but boxes are what command the big bucks in the retro market, while the bare carts/CDs are cheap. All about having your Ikea shelves full of games behind you when you record your YouTube videos.

I guarantee at least one of these pointless boxes will end up being one of the most expensive things that future Switch collectors chase.

• Upvote 1

£9.99 (or £7.50 I guess since I'd buy 2 and sell one) is a nice pricedrop for Stern Pinball Arcade. Apparently they have promised to support the Flipgrip soon.

V7.0.0 firmware should be dropping any minute now. Apparently it has a whole load of new APIs for future software.

I'm hoping along with v2.0 of smash ultimate it fixes a lot of the online lag and maybe fixes some multiplayer stuff.

1 hour ago, Darhkwing said:

V7.0.0 firmware should be dropping any minute now. Apparently it has a whole load of new APIs for future software.

I'm hoping along with v2.0 of smash ultimate it fixes a lot of the online lag and maybe fixes some multiplayer stuff.

Updated earlier. The patch notes suggest icons from Mario, and stability fixes. That’s all.

I've preordered it and it's sitting on my Switch dashboard taunting me, so, yes.

I hope it isn't shit.

6 hours ago, skittles said:

Anyone picking up wargroove on the first? Looks like a spiritual successor to advance wars. Finally.

Yes!

Only

I'm not buying games this year, so no.

Bugger.

5 hours ago, Wiper said:

I've preordered it and it's sitting on my Switch dashboard taunting me, so, yes.

I hope it isn't shit.

Me too. First time I’ve ever preordered a digital game - can’t wait!

Yep, it's sitting there on my Switch, taunting me. Doesn't help that I'm in work Friday and going out in the evening. 

On 27/01/2019 at 19:43, teddymeow said:

Just bought Super One More Jump for 99p.

Bargainous entertainment!!

I also bought this.  It's decent for a quid.

• Upvote 1

now further than I ever managed in Okami having first played it on PS2 then tried it on the Wii and the PS3.... 

it's not without it's flaws : cutscenes can be really dull, slow and needlessly wordy.  Issun tells you what to do in pretty much every puzzle so far and the 'dungeons' aren't really puzzle dungeons like you would get in Zelda... 

... but... still really enjoying it and works well on the commute.  I've changed the brush buttons around so I can use L to draw and then use the touchscreen... works really well for wind, blooms, vines and stuff.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, scottcr said:

now further than I ever managed in Okami having first played it on PS2 then tried it on the Wii and the PS3.... 

it's not without it's flaws : cutscenes can be really dull, slow and needlessly wordy.  Issun tells you what to do in pretty much every puzzle so far and the 'dungeons' aren't really puzzle dungeons like you would get in Zelda... 

... but... still really enjoying it and works well on the commute.  I've changed the brush buttons around so I can use L to draw and then use the touchscreen... works really well for wind, blooms, vines and stuff.

It. Is. Not. A. Zelda.

It's DMC in Japanese sumi-e drags. People keep comparing this to Zelda only to then be disappointed it's not Zelda. :P Self-fulfilling prophecy right there.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Freeman said:

I also bought this.  It's decent for a quid.

I found last night that you can change the graphics.

If you don't like the little block there's different characters and background packs.

I've got a little cat zipping around. :lol:

10 hours ago, skittles said:

Anyone picking up wargroove on the first? Looks like a spiritual successor to advance wars. Finally.

Yep, preordered too, for a 334mb digital title :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

It. Is. Not. A. Zelda.

It's DMC in Japanese sumi-e drags. People keep comparing this to Zelda only to then be disappointed it's not Zelda. :P Self-fulfilling prophecy right there.

The combat is a bit DMC - but it's impossible to not compare it to Zelda.  It even has the same chime when you discover things! c'mon!  

But my criticisms are around cut-scenes and dialogue rather than gameplay, which I'm very much enjoying.  If only Issun would shut up and let me work out what to do myself!

34 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

I intended to get Wargroove tomorrow but that triple whammy of updates for Smash, Splatoon and Mario Tennis will be keeping me busy.

You mean Friday