deKay

Nintendo Switch

13 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

X2 looks interesting but I’m not big on JRPGs at the best of time and the 12 year old girl charactwho seems to go everywhere in her pants is very off putting.

That was XCX wasn’t it? X2 certainly had its problems but I don’t remember leering at underage girls being one of them. 

13 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

Paladins was prone to crashing on Switch until the latest patch. They discovered the problem was that the video capture function uses up too much memory. It’s now disabled for the time being and I haven’t encountered a crash since.

I wonder how it impacts other titles and if it’s the reason why Smash hasn’t had it added so far? 

Fortnite had it and removed it for the same reason I think. 

On 27/01/2019 at 09:17, deKay said:

Apparently, Assassin’s Creed III is coming to the Switch.

Nobody knows why.

I might actually get it when it's cheap (lol ubisoft that'll be after 10 days) for that Liberation game which is meant to be good. 

2 minutes ago, Naieve said:

I might actually get it when it's cheap (lol ubisoft that'll be after 10 days) for that Liberation game which is meant to be good. 

Is Liberation coming too? It's a better game than III, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

That was XCX wasn’t it? X2 certainly had its problems but I don’t remember leering at underage girls being one of them. 

Pyra, I think (the pink one)? Both her and the boy dressed in blue seem to wear a combination of pants and what look like chaps. 

ACIII is an odd choice, it's widely considered to be a big bloated mess and I can't imagine it holding up well in any way by today's standards. Where did this news come from?

Just now, Stanley said:

ACIII is an odd choice, it's widely considered to be a big bloated mess and I can't imagine it holding up well in any way by today's standards. Where did this news come from?

Several unrelated retailers have it listed.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/01/rumour_multiple_online_listings_suggest_assassinrs_creed_iii_is_coming_to_switch

Liberation is included though, so that might be worth it if it's not full price.

• Upvote 1

it's been remastered as part of the Assassins Creed: whatever the current one is called season pass so may as well make some money selling it on the switch.

I'm quite interested to see how improved (or otherwise) the turkeys of the AC library might be if they shoehorn the new games' Witcher 3-inspired format into them. Probably a smaller risk to experiment with something unloved like III than the fondly remembered II.

8 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

AC3 is possibly the most boring game of all time.  

Eurogamer 10/10. 

It wasn't boring, it was just a massive misstep after the Ezio games.

3 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Pyra, I think (the pink one)? Both her and the boy dressed in blue seem to wear a combination of pants and what look like chaps. 

Oh, the outfit comments are thoroughly valid, but not the 12 year-old bit.

AC3 had an interesting setting and decent story, but it was the stage at which the already over strained game mechanics finally snapped. Stealth didn't work, combat was stuffed full of moves you never needed to use as all you had to do was counter reverse, hunting was pointless, it just went on and on.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I have and didn’t like it much at all. I’ve started Axiom Verge, though; it seems alright. 

X2 looks interesting but I’m not big on JRPGs at the best of time and the 12 year old girl charactwho seems to go everywhere in her pants is very off putting.

I downloaded the YouTube app today. The touch screen controls are atrocious (half of them are missing). Very odd. Netflix would be nice as well. I’m travelling at the moment and Netflix on my phone is pretty crappy. 

Have you played Hyrule Warriors or Diablo 3?

Both are great on the switch. Dozens of hours of content.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Has anyone got Omensight? I like the art style and I enjoyed the devs’ last game - Stories: Path of Destinies, but there are very few reviews around. 

If you enjoyed Stories you'll probably enjoy Omensight, as its strengths and weaknesses are more or less the same (good writing, nice art, mediocre combat, very repetitive); however, what I've read of the Switch port has been worrying, suggesting the PS4 and PC versions are far preferable if you have the option.

• Upvote 1

So that's a big 'No' from me. Particularly as the Asian release has both games on a larger card. Why not just release them as cheaper games individually? 

zjp27ikta7d21.jpg

Oh I didn't know FF X was coming to / is on Switch! I'd be up for playing that again, it's one of my favourite FF's. No really interested in X-2 so I would also prefer separate releases.

20 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

When are they due to come out? Did I imagine January?

World of FF is out now as a download but I think it's getting a physical release down the line. FFX/X-2 and XII are April. Don't know about the others. 

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

So that's a big 'No' from me. Particularly as the Asian release has both games on a larger card. Why not just release them as cheaper games individually? 

zjp27ikta7d21.jpg

Yeah, these things don't get bought. Think the only one I have is Starlink, and that's because I bought it with the toys and didn't realise I had to download half the game.

I'll just get the Asian release, as that has English on it.

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

zjp27ikta7d21.jpg

Are they going to kiss?