deKay

Nintendo Switch

The last Retro Studios developed game was 2014's Tropical Freeze. If they're only just starting work on Prime 4 now what have they been doing the past 4/5 years? 

Hopefully they've just finished up on a secret new game to be announced in the upcoming as-of-yet-unnannounced Direct. 

Sega's shitty video rendering and awful front end on Sega Mega Drive Classics is driving me nuts. Trying really hard to see past it and just enjoy Phantasy Star 2 but the text is rendered so badly on every possible video option. Just do 3x pixel perfect!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is £29.99 at Argos at the moment.. any opinions on it? 

Superb, a must have in my opinion.

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Problematic in places, but the best RPG since, well, Xenoblade Chronicles 1. I put 125hrs or so into it, and I still want to go back a bit. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Btw someone is selling XB2 in the trading folder for £26 delivered, even cheaper than Argos.

But Argos means I could be playing it tonight....

1 hour ago, Stoppy2000 said:

OK, but I used to like being able to take a catalogue home and circle what I wanted for Christmas :(

• Upvote 8

Is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 better than X? I put about 60 hours into the latter before I abandoned it. It was a really odd game: compelling while also being fundamentally broken.

I think X's world was slightly more compelling; however, 2's characters, story and combat are all far better. Also it lacks the world's worst town music, and swaps it for one of the best RPG soundtracks of all time.

It's definitely still flawed (and the Exciting New Gacha Mechanic that underpins it is near-ruinous), but having abandoned X some tens of hours in, 2 I happily played to conclusion.

For me, it's

Xenoblade Chronicles 1

Xenoblade Chronicles: Torna

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Not to say X is a bad game. Just...forgettable. 

59 minutes ago, BossSaru said:

X2 is a great RPG. But by God I would not play it in public.

Why, I've seen people reading The Daily Mail in public? 

• Upvote 5

I strongly disliked X. Big beautiful world full of nothing, dull unlikeable characters, convoluted motivations and absurd plot twists. Music was mediocre too. 

The other Xenoblades excel at having likeable, straightforward characters in huge situations, with motivations that make sense. They usually go a bit odd in the last 5hrs or so, but by then they’ve earned it. Oh, and great music. 

Never played any Xenoblade before but blippin' just bought 2 from Argos thanks to you guys.

Only because I've sold some UHD blus and have some Paypal credit burning a hole. :)

Pick it up tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

X2 lurches from the amazing to the garbage in quite spectacular ways. 

I put almost 40 hours in but couldn't go back. 

With a better director it could have been something special. As is, it's worth a look. 

I feel like I’m missing out by not getting Smash or NSMBU but I know I don’t like Smash and really didn’t get on with NSMB U on Wii U - I found it incredibly difficult and didn’t like the feel of the movement. Even Pokemon looks quality but i haven’t enjoyed a Pokemon game in 15 years. 

But I want a “proper” (for lack of a better term) Switch game to get stuck into. Something a bit bigger than an indie game that I can sink my teeth into. 

I’m enjoying Into The Breach in short bursts and am probably going to start Axiom Verge today but do wish Nintendo had some more stuff that I’m into ready to put out - even rereleases. I’d love a Metroid Prime collection - I was fairly young when the first came out and got very stuck on the second boss. Or 3D World would be nice. 

5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I feel like I’m missing out by not getting Smash or NSMBU but I know I don’t like Smash and really didn’t get on with NSMB U on Wii U - I found it incredibly difficult and didn’t like the feel of the movement. Even Pokemon looks quality but i haven’t enjoyed a Pokemon game in 15 years. 

But I want a “proper” (for lack of a better term) Switch game to get stuck into. Something a bit bigger than an indie game that I can sink my teeth into. 

I’m enjoying Into The Breach in short bursts and am probably going to start Axiom Verge today but do wish Nintendo had some more stuff that I’m into ready to put out - even rereleases. I’d love a Metroid Prime collection - I was fairly young when the first came out and got very stuck on the second boss. Or 3D World would be nice. 

Have you played Hollow Knight?

I have and didn’t like it much at all. I’ve started Axiom Verge, though; it seems alright. 

X2 looks interesting but I’m not big on JRPGs at the best of time and the 12 year old girl charactwho seems to go everywhere in her pants is very off putting.

I downloaded the YouTube app today. The touch screen controls are atrocious (half of them are missing). Very odd. Netflix would be nice as well. I’m travelling at the moment and Netflix on my phone is pretty crappy. 

• Upvote 1

Paladins was prone to crashing on Switch until the latest patch. They discovered the problem was that the video capture function uses up too much memory. It’s now disabled for the time being and I haven’t encountered a crash since.

I wonder how it impacts other titles and if it’s the reason why Smash hasn’t had it added so far? 

9 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Well I bought Xenoblade 2... finished chapter 1. It seems good so far. The comedic anime chest sizes are a bit off putting though. 

That was probably behind BossSaru's comment about not wanting to play it in public.

1 hour ago, scottcr said:

Embdy get Unruly Heroes? Looks dead good but no reviews yet...

I did, only done the first level so far but early impressions are good

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

Paladins was prone to crashing on Switch until the latest patch. They discovered the problem was that the video capture function uses up too much memory. It’s now disabled for the time being and I haven’t encountered a crash since.

I wonder how it impacts other titles and if it’s the reason why Smash hasn’t had it added so far? 

Nintendo have said this, which is why it’s up to devs to enable rather than forced.

I bought an 8bitdo Bluetooth adapter for the switch that pairs with the DualShock 4, it works perfectly albeit only while docked, but I am now the best fortnite player in the world on the Nintendo Switch :lol: