deKay

Nintendo Switch

2 hours ago, deKay said:

Nice one, bought it - is credit added account wide or just that user? I want to get the battle pass for my daughter who has a child sub account all linked up in family group but spend the rest on games etc!

Well as a fan of the series it answered the questions I had: how does it look (fine), how does it run (fine) and is it hard to go back to the older style of Monster Hunter after playing World (not at all). So I guess I’m in, day one. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Nice one, bought it - is credit added account wide or just that user? I want to get the battle pass for my daughter who has a child sub account all linked up in family group but spend the rest on games etc!

Just that user. May change come Nintendo’s online service.

19 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Well as a fan of the series it answered the questions I had: how does it look (fine), how does it run (fine) and is it hard to go back to the older style of Monster Hunter after playing World (not at all). So I guess I’m in, day one. 

It's one of those games that, when described to me by a fan, I think sounds absolutely brilliant. But I can never get into actually playing the bloody thing.

The demo on switch felt like a conscious effort to absolutely *not* try to win anyone over. You do you, Capcom

• Upvote 1

If I've bought a game from the online shop can I delete it to free up space and re-download later for free or do I have to buy it again?

Thanks

You can delete or archive it without risk (the only difference between deleting and archiving is that archiving keeps an icon in your front-end library, saving you having to search the game out in the store to redownload it).

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, scissorkicks said:

It's one of those games that, when described to me by a fan, I think sounds absolutely brilliant. But I can never get into actually playing the bloody thing.

The demo on switch felt like a conscious effort to absolutely *not* try to win anyone over. You do you, Capcom

It's effectively a re-release of a game which already did great over here on 3DS and in Japan on both 3DS and Switch. The demo was the same back then and didn't do it much harm. Before World, they weren't particularly attempting to appeal to a wider audience because they didn't really need to - they already had a massive diehard fanbase. Generations is a decent intro in a way, it's a Greatest Hits, but it's actually more of a retrospective for the existing fans.

In short, they've never done it any differently and they're doing pretty OK. 

On 16/08/2018 at 12:09, Nequests said:

My nice little Switch collection in all its multi-regional glory. Still want loads more but should probably finish what I have for now.

IMG_20180803_110421-1.thumb.jpg.447205c91dabf449370aa221e30e1f6b.jpg

Still not buying 1-2 Switch, mind. It can do one.

Lovely pic.  I'm another physical if possible person.  No Skyrim, though?