deKay

Nintendo Switch

"This rule does not correctly describe the most common usage of today or the past and in fact arose as an incorrect generalization of a personal preference expressed by a grammarian in 1770."

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, dng said:

"This rule does not correctly describe the most common usage of today or the past and in fact arose as an incorrect generalization of a personal preference expressed by a grammarian in 1770."

Generalisation.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

"The -ize spelling is often incorrectly seen as an Americanism in Britain. However, the Oxford English Dictionary recommends -ize and notes that the -ise spelling is from French."

• Upvote 6

"The form alright as a one-word spelling of the phrase all right probably arose by analogy with such words as already and altogether. Although alright is a common spelling in written dialogue and in other types of informal writing, all right is used in more formal, edited writing."

• Upvote 9
  • Empathy 1

35 minutes ago, dng said:

This rule does not correctly describe the most common usage of today

Bullshit

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bit of a low key release this one. I only found out about it because I saw some horrific box art for it. (August 30th)

• Upvote 3

I’ve never heard of Paladins before. Looks like a “homage” to Overwatch (assuming that came first). 

Looks like it it might be a lot of fun! Aside from Splatoon 2 which I am not too fussed about(shocker I know) I have nothing to scratch that FPS itch. 

The people who make paladins argue they were making their game long before Blizzard announced overwatch, but yes, ostensibly they are very similar. 

4 minutes ago, Orko said:

The people who make paladins argue they were making their game long before Blizzard announced overwatch, but yes, ostensibly they are very similar. 

Ah, the Tim Langdell argument.

14 minutes ago, deKay said:

Ah, the Tim Langdell argument.

Paladins is significantly different to OW in a number of ways, check out some comparison videos. You use points earned in the round to buy power-ups - it has a deeper character ability customisation - so two people using the same class won’t have the same abilities. It has mounts to get you back into the action quicker. I don’t think the character design is anywhere near as good, but lots of players prefer the gameplay.

Also you can’t level the accusation at Paladins without also acknowledging Overwatch is little more than a TF2 knock-off.

Given Blizzard couldn't be arsed to port OW, I hope Paladins cleans up. Super excited for it and Fortnite this week!!

Fair points. I’ve never played Paladins so didn’t know. Has there been any word on Voice Comms when the paid service comes in? I’d be happy with it on my phone via the app. Not that anyone on PS4 seems chatty when playing Overwatch. 

1 hour ago, iknowgungfu said:

I’ve never heard of Paladins before. Looks like a “homage” to Overwatch (assuming that came first). 

Looks like it it might be a lot of fun! Aside from Splatoon 2 which I am not too fussed about(shocker I know) I have nothing to scratch that FPS itch. 

It’s genuinely one of the shittest games I have ever played. Feels like a cheap Chinese knock off game. If you have to pay for it on the switch I’d give it a miss, it was free on the PS4 and even that felt extortionately priced to me. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, carlospie said:

It’s genuinely one of the shittest games I have ever played. Feels like a cheap Chinese knock off game. If you have to pay for it on the switch I’d give it a miss, it was free on the PS4 and even that felt extortionately priced to me. 

The version coming out next week you have to pay for apparently, you need to buy the Founders Pack but I have no idea how much that will cost. 

There's a free to play version coming later in the year 

Just hit me that we are just over two weeks away from Lumines Remastered!

It's only $15 on the US eShop, but wanted to know if there was any mention of a physical release coming? Or is it digital only? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, carlospie said:

I have played a fair bit of it on Xbox and loads of Overwatch on PS4 and while it’s your opinion you’re not right ;) It’s a decent game and to suggest its as poor as Rise of the robots or Last of us is just silly! It’s been well supported and is different enough to be live in the shadow of Overwatch!

22 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I have played a fair bit of it on Xbox and loads of Overwatch on PS4 and while it’s your opinion you’re not right ;) It’s a decent game and to suggest its as poor as Rise of the robots or Last of us is just silly! It’s been well supported and is different enough to be live in the shadow of Overwatch!

No I agree each to their own, Iv played many games and did think it was utter utter shite, but appreciate others may love it! 

9 hours ago, grindmouse said:

Totally buying this.

It's free later this summer though. 

30 minutes ago, VN1X said:

It's free later this summer though. 

So why charge now and tell people this? Who is going to buy it knowing it's going to be free soon?

Probably a fair amount of people. You’re paying to get access to all Champions, if you play it free you’ll only be able to play the ones that are on a weekly rotation. Fine for casual play but if you’re into that kind of game you want the whole roster available.

17 hours ago, deKay said:

So why charge now and tell people this? Who is going to buy it knowing it's going to be free soon?

Grindmouse. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Fairly sure its the same model they used when it released on PS4 - Founders Pack first and then free to play later

• Upvote 1

Can anyone recommend any switch titles that would be good for a three year old to play? 

Thinking about getting a switch or a 2DS for my son and not sure which one would be better.  Have visions of a cracked Switch screen happening quickly.