Qazimod

The Grand Tour - Amazon Prime car show - S3E7 out now

You can tell it was a good episode when the chief complaints are a fire engine blocked a road and Clarkson looks fat.

It was so much better for shit canning the tedious 'celebrity' section.

• Empathy 1

That was all good entertaining stuff. No tedious guests. No “hilarious” staged disasters and some good banter between presenters. 

It’s interesting to see how cheap you can get those muscle cars if you are happy to forego a few cylinders. The Camaro with a 2.0T starts at $25k!

43 minutes ago, Vespa Alex said:

That was all good entertaining stuff. No tedious guests. No “hilarious” staged disasters and some good banter between presenters. 

It’s interesting to see how cheap you can get those muscle cars if you are happy to forego a few cylinders. The Camaro with a 2.0T starts at $25k!

Or how cheap some of the extras are. Surely that big box with the drag racing kit isn't a $1 upgrade?

That Robocop dude really could buy that for a dollar. Which I guess means the cost is really already factored into the base car price and by not getting it you're ripping yourself off.

4 minutes ago, wev said:

Or how cheap some of the extras are. Surely that big box with the drag racing kit isn't a $1 upgrade?

Yep, it does.  Not sure whether pricing it that way is marketing or to get round any regulations by selling aftermarket upgrades that would be illegal if factory fitted. 

https://www.motor1.com/news/146301/dodge-demon-priced-85k/

Eh, there was a lot of predictable filler ("haha the truck's too big", "lol bestiality"... and another "precarious bridge" sequence) but the actual location's pretty awesome.

Like the dune buggy special last season the pacing is terrible and I hope Jeremy’s rants aren’t going to become a running joke this season.

Episode 4's out. The main feature's quite random - the beginning's pretty abrupt (three five minute novelty tests pretty much back-to-back) and there were a few daft challenges later. The Jaguar coverage was nice though.

That was a dull episode. The Jag bit was good, lovely car, but the rest was scripted garbage.  They were firing blanks, so even the studio bit afterwards was just such a farce. 

When's Top Gear back?

Whenever they do historical stuff it just shows how good they are as presenters, and okay I know there's only so much of this stuff they can do, that Jim Clark piece, the Ford v Ferrari one and the Senna one they did for Top Gear just makes stuff like last week's Pick-Up episode look worse than it already was.

• Upvote 2

It's amazing how variable this can be. The pick up trucks episode was just a bit crap. Then they pull the Jim Clark feature out the bag. The rest of the episode was really good as well, it wasn't just that bit.

Yeah, I kind of skimmed through the most recent episode because I was a bit distracted on Friday, but I made time for it the other day, and the Jim Clark feature was great for the same reasons the Audi vs Lancia feature of S2 was great - an interesting bit of history that's told really well.

The Lamborghini coverage was silly but fun... and it's nice to see Abbie in features outside of the track tests. :) 

On 08/02/2019 at 21:48, PC Master Race said:

The Jim Clark piece this week is one of the best things they have done on this or TG.

It was, I wish it was May or Clarkson doing it tho, Clarkson in particular is very good at doing these types of features.

Aw, I thought one of the three would be driving the Honky in the opening feature. Some of the tests were a bit silly but it's another great location. :wub:

Also - that Nio! :o

21 hours ago, GwiDan said:

Was that crash real?

Have you watched these three before?

Hammond probably did crash his tuktuk thing, but the big roll was probably the crew pushing it down the hill